Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This isn't immersion breaking at all...

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The One True Nobody

The One True Nobody Avatar

Lack of collision in multiplayer is a reality of the genre. There's just too many people and things running around, it would be impossible to get anywhere if things got crowded. (Also it's one less piece of information that needs to be transmitted in real time over each player's connection.)

Soulicide likes this.
  2. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

You know, in thinking about it, I believe that the majority of players in this community will be courteous about it on their own accord. Sometimes I have to remind myself..this is not a typical MMO with a bunch of kids venting their after-school frustrations by being annoying on a game. Sure, there will always be those players, but I hope the majority of the time avatars will remember to be polite to others and leave the over-sized pets outdoors in crowded areas.

Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  3. Albus

Albus Avatar

I agree with not having bears and such trampling inside of shops, just not with shrinking them down. Maybe no bears allowed in towns, or in shops or some such (awww poor bears though :p But better than being shrunken bear!).

Miracle Dragon and Soulicide like this.
  4. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

When I get myself a tiny bear at some point, everyone's going to be so jealous.

Budner, Miracle Dragon and Albus like this.
  5. Albus

Albus Avatar

Collision can be done in multiplayer, as in say "Age of Conan." There, they did originally have it everywhere all the time, but some people lined up to form a fence to block people, so they added the ability to "crouch" to step through people at least outside of combat. So collision can be done in the genre, but there is a cost to every decision. I'd still promote collision for combat situations (probably on in zones outside of towns at least, not sure in pvp towns but there too probably, with provision to use the current method of slowed movement in towns where people otherwise block streets, shops, etc.)

Mainly I find the stacking of people within each others bodies for entirely unrealistic tactical advantages disappointing in games lacking collision mechanisms.

6. Albus

Albus Avatar

I would favour more bear sizes, so you can find a tiny bear if you like, but not shrinking of bears once you tame them, it just seems so sad for the bear lol.

smack, Ice Queen and Miracle Dragon like this.
  7. smack

smack Avatar

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos, is that you?

I'd agree that player collisions even outside of PvP could be doable but only if you can push people away to mitigate some griefing tactics.

8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I
    If you didn't want to be sat on by a giant bear, why tame a giant bear! Haha. I really like that they don't 'scale down', you get what you paid for.

smack and Albus like this.
  9. The One True Nobody

The One True Nobody Avatar

People have gotten too used to only playing with other people through party-finder mechanisms. Actual socialization in MMOs has declined pretty drastically. I never even get invited to groups through socialization, I just get random invites from people looking to get as many players listed with them as possible, and hopefully the guild chat is a decent enough place to meet people if I happen to accept.

I hope Shroud proves itself to be a more socially-inclined MMORPG than most others I'm into right now.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Haha that is hilarius. I loved that video, had to watch it twice. I dont like walking through creatures I am fighting either. Like to really hit a big bear with my free attack I have to go halfway through his body. Yikes that would hurt;)

smack and Albus like this.
  11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Fighting bears this release (sword of ba'heer )
    I have to stand inside the bear get in 1 hit and then the bear steps back.
    He is now out of my range but I am within his range :/
    Gotta say it's more positioning for me to fight a bear than an elf archer.

12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

This, more variety of sizes for all tameable pets would be a good solution.

Albus, Miracle Dragon and smack like this.
  13. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Because it isn't my bear. My bear would have been politely waiting outside for me while I conducted my business, probably gazing longingly at the butcher's tent.

Ha. Veering off-topic more but NPCs should gripe at you when you run into them. "Watch where you're going!" And "What are you blind?" Or just an uncomfortable grunt or under the breath mutter.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.