This was asked for so here it is, forced to PvP or Not - -

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Weins201, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercster

mercster Avatar

Welcome to the club, bud...nice to meet you, I'm Merc, king of the inconsequential ;-)

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

If you apply the three rules, life becomes incredibly easy.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Wrong I clearly state in my posts, maybe not this one , that he did awesome - all I am saying is it is just a FPS combat that is all twist it any way you want.
    Your claiming simple movement is * FPS * when, if you had any PVP experiance, or intrest in it (which youve claimed over and over you dont ) You would have an idea how much calculated skill to skill countering there is. Big difference then FPS where its muscle memory, first shot wins, then what PVP in SoTA is. So that comment is simply wrong.

You countered with points about skill levels in a test that stated from the start it is just a starting point, you know what skill I am you can interperlate all you want math is easy, again you want to twist it to fit your mindset go for it that is what it is for. Interpet it any way you want I do not care but the foundation is sound.
    My point is your foundation * is skewed from the start. Your presenting things as supported data, when its not. This is misleading and the whole argument has nothing to do with.. well anything. I didnt have to *fixate my mindset* too see that you simply neglected things. Lost interest in the debate regarding your previous thread when you reported me for *personal attacks * for simply stating 5 things your not taking into account, and why it cant be called accurate or reliable testing.

Ty for you input but again not power gaming it is just simple data interpet as you wish but just because it does not show what you want it to say does not make it wrong or innacurate.
    And because you dont really have a goal.. or point of what you were aiming to show, makes it irrelevent. If you want to show what an average player plays like, dont start on high mobs using low skills to show exp, thats not an average player.

Waaaa, no all that shows if a player has figured out how to kill using the skill / template of the day and shows a weekness in game play and balance
    ... im crying about something when your also agreeing that theres something wrong in the balance? Genious.

LMAO I never said a non competitive environment - get this there is even a loophole now that players are abusing to ensure they are not competitive - now if I was POWER GAMING as oyu seem to think it is all I should do then why would I go to a place that is crowded when I can easily go to a place and be left alone, sorry but that is just dunb.
    Yes - I addressed this when i said that its being exploited. - Something they are working on fixing.
    Secondly, Your ignoring.. how i basically said that the idea needs to be looked at with what they want the population to be, not with what it is currently. This is beta, this isnt the population the zones are going to be looking like. So ideally there wont be these *safe zones *.. this was my point.

Go for it - I presented a clear simple example of not power gaming, which did not give you the results you wanted so do this - the math is hard
    Replied to this earlier. Your whole foundation was wrong, and your presenting it as an average player, and its misleading. This simply provides data missing massive variables, that at least if you ackowledge instead of dismissing, might make your attempts to show.. whatever you were trying to show.. relevant.
    I just did testing too. I took fire arrow up to 20 in about 8 minutes. Now im going to go use it on obsidian bears, and claim that this is how the average player will be leveling.
    Yes. Math is hard.. using accurate numbers to show accurate answers..

Ty for your input - here is mine left click on my on the name under my avatar look in the window that comes up and on the right is an option Ignore - I just tested it out.
    And once again, i have to waste time replying to someone spreading misleading information, which i believe overall hurts the game and the development, because god forbid someone takes your opinion as the popular one.
    Or the false facts* as true.
    I changed your own to green for you, since you seem to skim over what stuff in the grey actually says.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Bow Vale, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Tahru like this.
  4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i tend to agree with @Weins201 's OP there...

what if the pvp exp system was an entirely seperate thing, and there were skill trees specific to pvp that only activated on another player who is also flagged pvp, or in pvp zones, or in a duel?

from what i can tell, if this was a thing, then those not interested in pvp wouldn't be bothered. and those interested in pvp, would have neat-o nifty doohickies to click on that could help give pvp some meaning...

FrostII likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree with your logic 100%, @ThurisazSheol .

Let's not continue this failed experiment, and move on to something that we can ALL live with... ;)

Something to give whatever love is due to the PvP oriented among us, while NOT alienating all the rest of us...

Good ideas there !

6. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

To make that work you need PVP gear, PVP skills, PVP costumes, PVP quests etc.. you need a seperate game in the game. I don't think there is enough Devs for that. I would rather make them split the 25% between MP and the PVP flag. As MP also has competition.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How bout' if PvP just stands on whatever legs it has... and raises their skills at the same rate as the rest of us.
    How about that ?
    Take as much time as the rest of us do to raise your skills and take all those xp's and spend them on whatever you wish. PvP all you want. But you do not deserve to get more xp's from the exact same thing that I kill.
    Flagging PvP is your choice, not mine. I submit that you DO NOT DESERVE any advantage in gaining skills.

8. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Taking a competition only works if you are rewarded. If not people will avoid it. Logic... please stop bothering people with your feelings. They don't matter in this context. If you cannot play the game anymore, then maybe you should realize it is not everything about you. We all want to play this together, thus logical mechanics are the only way to go. XP bonus was a low hanging fruit. Just overcome your FOMO and realize you are not competing anyway. So why not let others enjoy the game, now that it is a little bit more rewarding to play for those who like competition? You don't have to be a part of it... IT IS OPTIONAL! And if you ever played with the bonus, you would know that it is well deserved, because fighting interrupts your grinding effort a lot ;)

MrBlight, mercster and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Baloney .

10. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Haha hurt your feelings again what? ^^ Stop being jealous of others and start learning from others!

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

To what "feelings" in my post do you refer ?

12. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

But you do not deserve to get more xp's from the exact same thing that I kill.

You kinda imply you feel left out.
    He deserves to get more XP because he took the risk to be challenged by others. That's why I say MP in general needs a XP buff and PVP flags adds an additional bonus.

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

On the other hand, nm...
    I've given you way more of my time already than I should have....
    Have a great night.. :cool:

14. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Yeah. It will work out, I think they got it right this time and MP bonus will come R37 to calm the tide.

15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

people should chill more and listen to music so amazing they simply can't focus on xp...

let the devs do their thing... and feedback feedback feedback, but lets follow the captain for a while...

16. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

What I would like to know is why is a player who expresses zero interest in ever wanting to PVP making so many threads on the forums in so many places about the subject? One thread in one forum should have been used to express what ever you had to say. :rolleyes:

MrBlight and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Aren't the pvpers and powergamers the people who are mostly focus for xp?

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

And i submit that you DO NOT DESERVE to gain even 100% of the base xp.
    I think YOU DESERVE 50%.
    Because X.
    See how much sense this makes?
    Your last line of defence argument isn't even an argument at all.
    Mate, i KNOW you can do better.

That beeing said i agree that the 25% bonus has to be removed because it is just a pityful attemp in compensation for a extremly boring stone-age-old-school pvp system we have here.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  19. Womby

Womby Avatar

Yes, PVP is consensual. You show your consent by flagging for PVP or entering a PVP zone. You don't get to choose which encounters you want. Anyone who doesn't accept that shouldn't flag for PVP.

20. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Conversely, not being able to choose the "encounters" you are participating in would be considered non-consensual in most other contexts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.