Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Too Over-encumbered = Stuck (possible solution)

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by DavenRock, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Encumbrance works really good. Maybe put a 'too-heavy' stop/loss on being able to buy items while being over-encumbered, I have found that being too overencumbered, as in buying all the crafting tables at once and then zoning to the house prevents you from placing any items as the character is stuck outside the lines of the home and unable to place any items. I hate to admit that I didn't want to destroy my newly bought crafting tables and called for help for someone to run into my home so i could zone to them, and then consequently place the crafting tables. (If I was prevented from purchasing the tables because i was too over-encumbered, I may not have run into that issue.)
    I would also like to have the encumbrance doubled for beginners because you could buy one fountain and you're done shopping.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was thinking that perhaps having a very small "paper doll" that would automatically come up whenever you were in the trade window would be a good idea. The paper doll would "fill up" showing your current encumbrance (red, yellow, green), and then whatever was put into the trade window would modify that encumbrance to show you what happens if you agree to a trade, or if you buy more stuff. ;)

smack, Budner, Themo Lock and 3 others like this.
  3. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Solution: Allow us to place items on the ground anywhere.

I too got over encumbered and ported to my house only to realize that I was not able to move at all. I realize how ridiculous it was that I could not simply set a few items on the ground so that I could walk 2 step my property where I could simply place items down on my property. I know last time I checked that allowing items to be placed on the ground is still on tap to be implemented in the game but with encumbrance now active, that need is more glaringly evident.

foobard, Budner, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The solution is already partly in game with the new patch, QA 175. With that patch I noticed that when I took stuff out of the bank, when I exceeded the carrying capacity the debuff icon showed up. Now this isn't much different, except that the debuff icon appeared while I was dragging the items from the bank and before I dropped them into the inventory pack.

What I would suggest is a two part system. Include the tech that is now there for the bank into trade and purchase windows so that the debuff icon appears as items are added and removed to the trade and purchase windows. Also add weight, carrying capacity text to both of those windows. This should prevent these cases from happening and stop weight griefers in their tracks.

Tahru likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

That would also make harvesting more intuitive.. so you're not pulling logs out of bags once the tree is cut, it would just place them on the ground.

Tahru and Destroying Angel like this.
  6. Develyne1

Develyne1 Avatar

OR,just make this make the capacity a bit more fair in the first place,i'm seeing posts from mage's saying they have not got enough room for the mats,in order to do there spells,that's just silly,so is it just gonna be a big ball ache to farm say iron for gear making?.

Budner and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Its not the final setting, it is step one of implementing

8. Curt

Curt Avatar

Make so if you is at twice your encumbrance your speed would be half.
    encumbrance * 3 => speed/3
    encumbrance *4 => speed/4

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Hum how about watching your weight as you buy stuff and learn how to manage what you are carrying.

Some item like crafting tables wind mills and others could use some type of "deed" or lower their bas weigh as one item at a time is a little sad.

Or gire a crafter and take them howe and pay them to build stuff for ya :)

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I emptied my bank and zoned to my lot where I had pre-placed a chest. I put everything in the chest... I then went to change the house and saw that my items would go to the bank, so I picked up the chest and changed the house.

Somehow I ended up on the wrong side of the property line with a full chest in my backpack, time to call a friend to trade with me so I can walk one step forward and trade back again!

I'd put it back in the bank but it's more items than I'm allowed (close to 300).

Tahru likes this.
  11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I think slowing you down to 10% movement speed would be enough.

Lord Baldrith and Tahru like this.
  12. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Wait what? Captain Jack wonders what is this logic you speak of!

Tahru likes this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, perhaps the game should warn you that you're going to be over-encumbered (can't move) if you attempt to buy/trade/pick up something that will put you over that crucial limit.

But I don't think it should allow you to /zone if you can't physically move either. Like in Skyrim / Fallout if you're over-encumbered it won't let you fast travel. So you either had to drop items or inchworm your way home.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

At least you could inch your way home :p

Lord Baldrith and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.