Top resource output for gold and silver ore is currently K'rul

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I might be dumb, but I've been looking, and I can't find how to turn API tracking off... I've seen the option for my name to remain hidden, and the option to not show up on leaderboards, but I haven't found one to not show up in the API at all, where would this option be?

2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i found a few locations that have had minimal traffic over the last day. i plan on turning off my player name in stats and hitting them up for some kills to see how it reports. if others wish to test (data processes every 15 mins for the previous 15 mins timeframe. the data update time is noted on the page):

South Ravenswood (0 stats over last day)
    Demig's Battle Camp (0 stats over last day)
    Northmarsh (0 stats over last day)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    Anpu and FrostII like this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

so i did my test with West Veiled Swamp. it was another scene that had 0 stats for the current day. i right clicked on my nameplate and selected "hide name from public stats". it takes 1 min to change between the two so i waited until it finally completed. i then entered the scene and proceeded to kill some things. i did no harvesting/looting. i then exited the scene and clicked "show name in public stats". i waited the minute then entered and killed a single Caiman. exited and waited for the site to update. two players showed in the list, one anonymous and one myself. i was attributed to 1 kill and the anonymous player was attributed to the rest. everything tracked as i would have expected it to.

unless there is another option that prevents stats i do feel like everyone contributes stats, just if you have your name hidden you track as anonymous. also leads me to believe that the sotagraphs site may not store data related to the anonymous user.

Coswald_Dirthmire and FrostII like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Open the leaderboard and look for the blue cog wheel. I believe there’s an option in there.

FrostII and Tirrag like this.
  5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thank you Anpu. i turned off the only option in there called "disable tracking for leaderboards" and also enabled the hide name from public stats. i used the Northmarsh scene as a test this time. i went in a killed 4 spiders. all kills showed and the public API stats showed an anonymous user with 4 kills.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm still doing some preliminary research, but this however seems to be a bit strange:

On sotagraphs here is the listing of silver ore in the last 30 days:
    [​IMG]

But shroudoftheavatartools seems to be omitting some scenes?
    [​IMG]

This seems to be off?

FrostII and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  7. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

This is a different option. You are describing the process for disabling all tracking in the public leaderboard, when in fact right clicking on your name plate and selecting "Hide name in public stats" is the method for reporting to the API as anonymous.

8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

that is the top 5 scenes. you can click the text (click for full list) to show the full list of scenes for the ore. it is very odd the discrepancies i think we really need @that_shawn_guy to weigh in to help understand. the numbers seem really, really low in sotagraphs. only around 150 silver ore total for each day in elysium the last 30 days? that seems impossible since i can pull that myself in 30 mins in elysium and i know there are more people mining silver in elysium than just 1 person.

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

I've mined several thousand in the last week alone.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah that part I get. It's just that sotagraphs is listing Blood Bay and K'rul as the #2 and#3 top areas for silver ore. But sotatools doesn't even put them in the top 5. So I don't know if sotagraphs is correct on the total silver ore in Blood Bay and K'rul or is sotatools is correct in the amount of silver ore from Blood Bay and K'rul? For the last 30 day.

Last 30 days silver ore from Blood Bay:
    sotagraphs: 3,370
    sotatools: 6251

And yeah the number from elysium seems WAY low?

EDIT: I think I see some problem: sotagraphs unfortunately uses abbreviations, but does not show the actual number. The abbreviations might be off. This is why I absolutely hate abbreviations. Only show the actual numbers.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  11. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

you can always get to the raw data for the graphs. [​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes, I now see that I was mistaken, or just confused about something. The Public API (when viewing it with the Shroud of the Avatar Tools website) DOES show everything, from everyone, kills and items gained. When selecting your nameplate and right clicking on it, choosing to share or not share name in public stats only effects if the Public API will list creatures killed as either "Anonymous" name or the actual character name. It will still list every single item gained by everyone playing the game, for each scene name. Gained items are not attributed to a players name. That's at least what I am currently observing. And that means it is working correctly.

So hopefully this then will clear this up for everyone.

This has been a really good an constructive and informative discussion @Tirrag and no, I was not taking any of your comments as arguing with me. :) What is confusing me, is that sotagraphs seems to be listing stuff.... differently? I don't know.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  13. that_shawn_guy

@Anpu can you be more specific about how differently sotagraphs is showing the data?

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

On sotagraphs select the Loot page. Set the scene name to Novia_R11_Hills01_01
    On sotagraphs select the PvE page. Set the scene name to Novia_R11_Hills01_01
    Nothing at all will be listed for the last 7 days for this scene. But this is incorrect. An Anonymous user (Me) actually ran around and killed and looted in here. It's not showing data from Anonymous users?

https://shroudoftheavatar.tools/scene/scene-detail.php?Novia_R11_Hills01_01&days=7
    This listing is fully accurate.

15. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

just a quick correction with this. combat is attributed to either anonymous or the player depending. loot, items, etc is always just generic. there is no way in the public stats to track which player acquired which items. it only shows what and how many.

Anpu likes this.
  16. that_shawn_guy

I don't see anything in the API data for "Novia_R11_Hills01_01" in the last 7 days. What scene is that?

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Rumor Peaks.

18. that_shawn_guy

Interesting that there is no data at all for it

Anpu likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes. However SotA tools is showing the correct information.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, where is the best place to get gold ore?

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.