Top resource output for gold and silver ore is currently K'rul

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Define the word “best”.

2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

statistically the most gold is being pulled from etceter crag mines and is also where i mine it as well. as long as you knock down all the secret walls there is gold a plenty in there even if you just mine the first two levels. now whether its the best for you is TBD. try it out and see if it flows well for you :)

Anpu, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Someone else was mentioning his reset technique down in the Graff Gem Mines, once you reach the final gold room with the Earth Elementals, you can mine everything, and reset the scene through its link to another underground scene in the back of the room. A minute or so wait will reset the scene, and you can remine everything.

Could potentially be what you are looking for @Barugon

Anpu likes this.
  4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I think I found the issue sotagraphs. I should have it fixed shortly. But, all the data will need to be reprocessed. The data will be reload in reverse order. So, older data may not b available for a few days.

Thanks for the help pointing this out!

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

After following this thread for the last couple of days, I'd love to know what the "issue" you found was exactly.... :)

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Huh. I remember getting that idea years ago, but with no success. I wonder if something changed. My recollection was I needed to wait at least five minutes to get Graff to reset.

But then, I recall the same thing with Elysium, and found out a year or so ago it reset pretty much after a few seconds, so what the hell do I know. But, at least for Graff, I do distinctly recall trying multiple times to reset it myself.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It might actually be 2-2:30 on the timer now that I think of it. every "scene reset" trick I use, especially with a 2nd account sometimes, would usually involve 1 minute to instance swap, and then a little wait before having the alt scene swap again. So yeah, less than 5 minutes for sure, maybe a bit more than one, but it works, I'm sure of it.

FrostII likes this.
  8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

The backend database (influxes) has rules about what a unique record is. If a "duplicate" record comes in, it merges them into one. When I original wrote the processor, I protected against this by adding a unique tag to every record. When there was enough data (over a year later) the tags were causing high memory issues. So, I removed any tag that I didn't use in a query. Of course, being an exceptional dev, completely forgetting why I had added them in the first place. :)

The fix is to reprocess all the data with unique timestamps (nanoseconds). Which will take some time.

On the plus side, most/all of the graphs should have much higher values.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nice. Thanks for the tip.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i tried this out and it does work. through experimentation i found that 3 mins in the other scene provided the most consistent results for me.

FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I've spent countless hrs over the past 8+ yrs recycling scenes to determine how soon they'll reset, and I've finally landed on 4mins - mostly because it's always enough.

Knowing that we will reset scenes to be able to kill/harvest as efficiently as possible (who wouldn't), I really wish they'd just come out and tell us for each one.

What could that hurt ?

12. Lained

Lained Avatar

Don't scenes just reset when you visit another? I can teleport between Elysium Mines and Lained in under a minute and the nodes and mobs reset just fine or is that because Elysium Mines is a private instance?

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The instance can stay alive for a little bit after leaving it. I don't know if it's different for different scenes but it's not always super short.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I spent a good long time there yesterday and just moving between the nodes on the first and second levels was plenty to keep me busy without interruption.

Anpu and Tirrag like this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Elysium seems to be an outlier, and resets very quickly. Graff is a private instance, too. I suspect it is set per scene, and like much in SotA, inconsistently.

One that I have a lot of experience with is resetting overworld encounters, from farming wyverns, unicorns, and dragons. (Also a private instance.) They seem to be five minutes, though I found it better to give them an extra 30s or so to be safe- if I set a timer for five, there was about a 50/50 chance the scene wouldn't have reset yet. But that might differ from others due to the different reset method.

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  16. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

i clear the vault, and pop the chest, then go back, more obs chips!!!:) and spider mats and a few more gems.

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, if/when I play again, I'll keep that in mind.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.