Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Good point, I had figured people running linux know how to chmod their own files but it never hurts. :p

Build is done for windows, but linux ran into a huge bug where one of the main features of this release isn't working (linux window mangers isn't liking the new click-through window mechanics).
    I'm going to mess with it for an hour and if i can't get it i'll put the windows build and changelog up and the linux build with those features disabled and work on an intermediate version.

2. Berthar Ironblood

Berthar Ironblood Avatar

The only possible problem that I have is that the words overlap, did you fixed the size or made it dinamic ?

3. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

SotaHUD 0.5.0 is out. Links will be updated in the main post when the upload finishes.

So the big feature this release is half of the windows have been broken out into movable, standalone entities, with their own opacity options, etc.
    The next big feature is the clock, shows time in the most unobtrusive way possible (no border, no background), and allows for timers (click the gear to add one), and events notifications (popuplate events file in the events folder).

A new tab added to the stats window, the overview!
    In this i include rough exp values, decay rates, and other useful info people normally want to know.

The next big feature doesn't work on linux, i'm sorry guys, i tried. I'll be digging more into it over the next week and will try to get you a fix if it's possible. But it may require a complete rewrite of how i'm achieving it, which will be a ton of work.

CLICKTHROUGH! This means you can have windows over the game, but still target the game/use windows in game under them normally. They act like they're not there.
    Which allows for:
    Decogrid! - Turn it on, get a nice grid to align things.
    Screenshots
    Showing various windows up and operational
    [​IMG]
    Deco grid
    [​IMG]

Changelog
    -- Fifth public release!
    -- Rewrote the notifications system, to allow new modules to all use the same instance, and to have them layer better, so now multiple notifications will properly tile up.
    -- Popup notifications for player Logon/logoff with a tiny sound
    -- New config option for people to manually specify their appdata folder (for QA and such). Leave it blank to keep it autodetecting.
    -- Linux users, i'm sorry but due to bugs in window managers, the deco grid and all clickthrough features are offline for you guys. I'm working on it.

-- Rewrote the deco grid rendering and added a red line every 5 green lines to allow easier to track long distances of alignment.
    -- Config Update
    -- -- Show events in next X hours setting, will control how far in the future events are shown, default 48 hours.
    -- Clock Updates
    -- -- Event import system!
    -- -- -- Events are in an XML file (example included) and can be put in the events folder.
    -- -- -- You can have multiple of these. So for example, your guild can distribute one for people to put in, your raid group can put in one, portalarium can put in one, and all you have to do is put them all into the folder.
    -- -- Event timezone system
    -- -- -- To make things easier, events can now include a timezone offset to prevent having to math to/from local time, let the hud do the work for you.
    -- -- Added button to remove events that have passed.
    -- -- Added timers with audible alarm
    -- -- -- To add a new timer, click the settings cog on the clock window to find the add timer dropdown

-- Broke out windows:
    -- -- Combat/Location data, this one took longer than the others due to it being one of the original systems and therefore not near as modular/well made. I cleaned it up a bit but it may be a candidate for a rewrite at some point.

-- Help button text added for:
    -- -- Exp window

-- Adjusted the configuration settings dialog so it resizes a little more gracefully
    -- Added clock tab - This will be expanded to include new features such as alarms, timers, and upcoming events, right now it just tells time
    -- Moved Zoom buttons on map to floaters on right side, to make it shrinkable even more and less cluttery
    -- -- Another one of those "simple task to do, once i spent an hour learning how to do it in the QT library"
    -- Added help/pin(toggle frameless)/settings/close button options the broke out window base class
    -- -- Time spent getting icons properly setup for these buttons as well
    -- Spent wayyyy too long (hour+) tracking down a way to make the tabbar in the stats window not run all over my extra window buttons
    -- -- However the lessons learned here should make future sub-widget adjustments easier
    -- Added a deco grid button (will probably move to the tools tab later) to the main window.
    -- -- This will overlay a (currently not customizable but will be in the future) grid of green lines that are 25px by 25px to assist alignment.

-- Fixed Salvage tab cutting off the last letter of salvaged items
    -- Broke out the stats tab into its own window
    -- -- This went quick enough, but it's still work refactoring and reworking the information flow from all one window to proper exterior classes.
    -- -- New feature: Overview on stats tab, shows the info most people care about, will be adding to this when requested
    -- -- New feature: Exp to level, exp total, and decay estimates on overview tab
    -- New Feature: Exp tab now shows % to exp earned towards next level, if you've used /stats in the same log file
    -- -- This neccessitated some improvements to the stats window so i could pull data out of it easily, which makes more features using this data likely in the future
    -- Made a generalized library for sota calculations, for now it just contains exp/decay calcs, but will be including others as they come up
    -- Reworked some heirarchy type systems.

-- Ripped out the current ugly map edit buttons, and replaced them with easy to use sliders
    -- -- Now aligning your map is as simple as click-drag!
    -- Reworked the x/y scaling of the background to facilitate adding an auto-align function
    -- Broke out the EXP tab into it's own window to test the system, this one went fairly quickly
    -- Window settings(size, position, visibility, opacity, clickthrough) now save on close and load on open

-- Fixed notifications showing up in taskbar as their own window
    -- Begin code refactor for seperated windows, positioning, and functioning
    -- -- Broke out the map window while building this system, but real test will be seeing how well i made the general case to make breaking out others easier
    -- Click-through! This long-fought for feature I've finally gotten working i've been fighting with for ages.
    -- -- This feature allows you to specify areas of the HUD that you want clicks to pass through, hitting whatever is underneath them.
    -- -- This means if you have for example, the map up over the game, you can still target a spell where the map is if click through is enabled.
    -- Updated CSS to show depressed buttons slightly different

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    ZeCarlos, iansmellios, hroth and 5 others like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

5. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

I will be working on this throughout this weekend, if anyone has any complaints they'd like resolved for version 0.5.1 that will be a public release.
    On my list already:
    Loading existing logfiles doesn't disable popups/sounds during loading so you get a flood.
    Configuration options for logon/logoff notices(sound on/off, popup on/off, duration of popup).
    logon/logoff notices have the wrong titles.
    A few minor bugfixes

Katrina Bekers and Grimbone like this.
  6. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Looks awesome! Just 1 suggestion. I change the width of several columns to get it to fit nicely on my screen. Any way to save that? I have to reset the widths every login.
    Other than that, AWESOME!

7. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

-- Fixes for 0.5.1:
    -- -- Initial file load should no longer spam sound or notifications
    -- -- -- Fixed the code that somehow broke back in 0.3 and i never noticed, that wasn't disabling sounds/notifications during bulk loading at the start. Loading existing logs should be faster and no longer ear-shattering.
    -- -- Added config options:
    -- -- -- Logons/Logoffs, Sales, Whispers: Popup on/off, Sound on/off, and Popup time showing settings have been added.
    -- -- -- Popup and sound are independent options, so you could have sound without a popup, popup without sound, or poup with sound, or neither!.
    -- -- Redid the configuration option layout, works a little better now.
    -- -- Altered the default style.css to more cleanly show a few items.

Links:
    Windows: http://umuri.com/SOTA/HUD-0.5.1.zip
    Linux: http://umuri.com/SOTA/HUD-0.5.1-LINUX.tar.gz

Katrina Bekers and LoneStranger like this.
  8. Armar

Armar Avatar

Looks like a great tool. Any chance to get the source code so i can add client/server capabilities for me?

I would like to be able to have the display on a different computer. Ideal would be my android tab but unluckily i dont have any background with android development environments. Having it on my second notebook without to have to export the filesystem with the logfiles would rock though.

// Armar

Umuri and FrostII like this.
  9. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Actually, you should be able to already achieve this functionality, by sharing out your chatlog folder with a stateless share (windows fileshare should be able to keep the permissions appropriate to make this work), and then mapping that share locally on the second computer and opening the hud on it.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Armar

Armar Avatar

I am using linux and i dont like to export a filesystem just for this. There are other means of achieving this without coding but those are all hacks. I would split the user UI from the backend, code a small protocol so the user UI can send commands to the backend and receives the results of those commands as well as updates. All "intelligence" would be in the backend. This way everyone can easily code an UI to his liking.

Depending on the language used (Its C/C++ right?) i can adapt your source to this concept and i would write an command line tool for me and as demonstration example.

This way anyone could use his favorite language/development environment on his favorite OS to quickly code a GUI. Without having to use the QT framework you used or C/C++. Think of the android app for Fallout IV.

If you dont want to publish the source, which is totally cool too, just say so, then we dont need to discuss this. Everything should be setup in a way the programm can always be run/compiled without any netcode though.

cheers,

// Armar

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Umuri likes this.
  11. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Awesome!

Umuri likes this.
  12. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Can't help you there then since it's personal preference, but the ability to display on a secondary laptop/machine was requested and that's why i wrote the file handling the way I did, so network mounts can be utilized to "remotely" utilize the hud. Given that it's ~3 commands(on linux, on windows its 7 or so) and is lightweight enough as to incur a minimal (<1%) performance hit, I found that was the best way to allow the feature without wasting a ton of time developing it.

As for divorcing the GUI from the logic, we'll see what happens when the dev team gets around to LUA scripting. Until then, there's not really much point in adding the development overhead to do so since i'll have to redo it at that point anyway. So until then i'm focusing on rounding out features to get it to 1.0.

Re: netcode, as of right now there is -no- network functionality utilized by SotaHUD, and my goal as it stands has been to try to make it to 1.0 without any sort of that, so that even if i decide to add it in the future, people will have a feature-complete version to utilize. If I do add netcode, I will see about architecting it to have net connectivity and non-net connectivity binaries.

Re: open source, it's been discussed before, and for those who have asked i've outlined my public reasons why it's not yet in multiple posts on this thread, and a private reason that has become more relevant recently having to do with certain people trying to make a paid app for SOTA that would be paygated that I don't particularly want to give a helping hand to. While I do have a patreon, the builds will never be locked behind it for major releases. I don't mind people supporting developers, but I do believe everyone should have a "fair" footing in regards to what's available to them

Katrina Bekers and Fister Magee like this.
  13. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Thanks for the updates. Finding latest version unusable on Win10 due to can't resize or even register clicks (e.g. change tabs) on the popup windows. Also getting LOG FILE NOT FOUND across the title bar even though there is data loaded.

14. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Need more clarification here:
    On the popup windows, do you have the clickthrough checkbox enabled?
    An easy way to tell is if each popup window has icons in the top right or not. If you don't see a red X and usually at least a pin/gear, then you have clickthrough on. When a window is clickthrough, it won't respond to the mouse and instead that mouse function will pass to the window below it (usually the game) to allow you to play through the windows.
    To disable this, go into the main window, and un-check the checkbox next to the button that toggles the popup window on/off. This checkbox is between the buttons and the sliders.

Data loaded/log file not found -> What data is loaded? You might check to see if your config settings has "load past days" turned on, and that it may have loaded past days but not the present, because if you opened the hud before the game, the game won't have made one for today yet.

15. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Ok, thanks. Getting this version to work was a bit like getting started in SotA, a bit confusing. I was wondering what the checkbox was next to the popup window opener, was playing with it in both settings. (resizing main window "detaches" the header description for the Click-thru checkboxes and the Opacity sliders and puts them in some weird place).

Regardless of the clickthru setting (I'm almost positive I saw the gear and quesitonmark present with it checked when first looking at it after your message), the gear does nothing on the popup (maybe for future functionality?) Nor does the ? do anything so it could have been confusing me. Unable to move or resize popup in frameless mode was also confusing me. At some point I checked the "clickthru" box for combat (description was detached) which was also confusing me.

Repro case for what I was/am now seeing:
    Delete all files and paste from zip.
    Open program (Windows balks) select character name, uncheck start with track player on map, uncheck start always on top
    Hit Ok (Log file not found)
    close app
    Open app, go to configuration and click read past logs - dates both default to 2/15 (there is no 2/15 logfile, but there is a 2/14 logfile), change start date to 2/14.
    close app
    Open app (Log file not found, but data is loaded)

Click Combat (tabs are weird across the top, they don't go all the way across to the right, the + is on top of the leftmost default tab and the left/right arrows are on top of the rightmost tab)
    Sort by skill, go into framed mode by clicking pin, resize window bigger (tabs remain crunched from original window size and buried under the + and the <>)

The red above seem like bugs, but thanks for the help I am able to use it now.

Umuri likes this.
  16. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Yep, that main window layout resizes weird, it should be better in 0.6.0.

Yep, placeholders, only work on some windows. Will be more fleshed out in 0.6.0, just wanted the framework established when doing these intial popouts since that code is in the popout window not in each individual implementation.

So yeah, past data loaded, current data isn't. I need to recode that to work nicer and to load current data when it's generated.

Bug that i'm still struggling with due to how those tabs deal with spacing for the options box. Hopefully i'll find a workable solution by 0.6.0

Thank you so much for the reports. glad to hear the behavior is consistent to what i'm seeing, and yes I apologize for how ugly it is. Trying to get the core functionality in, and i have leads on a few people who have offered UI services to re-layout everything once it's all said and done.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  17. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I'm finally figuring out the new version. Wasn't rather intuitive. One question, how do I get to the map now?

18. mass

mass Avatar

Thanks for this tool! However, on the latest version (on win10) I can't get the stats tab to populate.
    I launch SOTA, launch the hud, do /stats, check hud, no stats tab :)

Yes, I know it's user error. Have any idea what the user is screwing up?

19. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

The main window should have a big button on the main tab labelled MAP. Click that to open the map window. If you don't see a map window, close the HUD, go into the hud config file, and delete the mapwindow settings line, save and reopen hud and try it then.

Is anything else populating? Logs, combat data? If not, odds are you opened the HUD first before the game, and it isn't reading todays log file.
    If other things are populating, pm me a sample of your log with the /stats section showing, and i'll look into if win10 is throwing some weird stuff in there.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  20. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

That fixed my map thanks!

One thing I did notice is there is an error on the sorting of values in the crafting/salvage window. If you sort on amount, count or average it is only sorting on the first number so its not sorting correctly. For example if i sort on count I get 8, 70, 5, 3, 29, 199. Appears to be sorting as an alpha field instead of a numeric one.

It is also truncating the last letter of the item you salvage. Minor I know, I just report what I find :)

Awesome tool btw!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Umuri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.