Unarmed Combat Skills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

... I never claimed that you said that I said.. where did you get THAT? You were the one who brought up the instant kill move so I asked why the skill would need it. You come back from that suggesting that I'm claiming you said that I said blah blah blah.. what the heck? And what's with the "anywhere on this WEBSITE" stuff. I'm not even going to ask where that one came from. But to answer that question..

You asked.. what's wrong with saying that it would require a share of limited resources to develop the skill. I replied that I never implied it was wrong.. thus agreeing that it wasn't.. but then said I didn't understand why you would think that I thought it was wrong.. as you had asked that question. Now you have somehow got from there to apparently thinking that I think it had actually been suggested somewhere, by someone that unarmed combat would require less to learn.. which didn't actually happen and I never said or implied that it had been suggested anywhere.

Are we clearing anything up yet? Well if not then I blame the caffiene and 4 hours of sleep. But basically from where I sit you're misunderstanding half the things I say. I believe I'm being clear enough but whatever.

I'm putting on the breaks right here. This is getting us no where and I don't care for the insulation. Especially since I don't drink. We're going around in circles making a huge fuss over nothing.. especially when the actual disagreement is over what's probably only a small margin of power. You don't want the skill to be overpowered.. I get it. Neither do I. I don't want it to be under powered either.

2. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Maybe some moves can be unlocked by moving points into str, dex, int.
    So a dexter would learn different moves then a brawler.
    And maybe with dex you can run faster for those of us who rather run then fight?

nightshadow and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's an interesting idea.. incorporate fighting styles based on stats. I like it.

4. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Ditto. The cost of being a true MA master would be actually having the stats to back it up.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So, with the gauntlet being the center of the Combat Sigil, I guess unarmed fighting is the Chaos of the combar arts. Yay?

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That is an interesting thought. I don't think it's the case though. They specifically said 8 schools. So the gauntlet is likely just a place holder or generic symbol. :(

7. smack

smack Avatar

Quite possibly. There are 9 schools of magic, with Chaos in the center of the Magic Sigil. So it would be only logical to say there is a 9th with the Combat Sigil as well. They just haven't revealed it yet, but it would make sense as Unarmed given the closed fist icon.

NirAntae likes this.
  8. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

I wonder what the central symbol on the Crafting sigil will be? A water bucket, perhaps? It's pretty difficult to do any craft without water being involved in some way.

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It would be nice but I'm afraid unarmed combat is wishful thinking for the time being. Will just have to come back to the subject later.

10. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Perhaps, but just because it isn't on the schedule for the first release doesn't mean that that gauntlet in the center might wind up being unarmed, and serving the exact same role as chaos. I think it would be nice to have the continuity between the magic, combat, and crafting wheels.

rild and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It would be cool if 'unarmed' played a similiar role as chaos.. and there is certainly an arguement to be made there. Certainly worth pushing for for EP2 along with many other ideas floating around the forums.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  12. rild

rild Avatar

SNAKEFIST TO THE THROAT!

13. Maximus

Maximus Avatar

I could go for a good two handed fist fight in town for a few gold. :)

14. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

Marquis of Queensbury Rules or barefisted?

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

that would be kinda cool especially if the animation matched the attacks flying round house back flip to evade duck in grab arm flip person or creature stab in neck with knife, i think i would like playing a character like that, giving them special weapons to only that type like stars, kamas, serrated whips poison darts with blow gun etc..... yeah id definately play a toon like that it would be awesome

16. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I want punching and kicking but how do you tone it down from something like GTA?
    Or do you?

17. badunius

badunius Avatar

Unarmed combat skill, eh? Ah could imagine it: a mob of unarmed naked peasants (martial arts GMs though) beat to death a fully equped uber warrior and loot him. That would be neat)

18. smack

smack Avatar

I'm hoping there's at least some really basic unarmed combat. Not even skills or skill trees. No weapons, no armor, fighting with your fists only. Because there's this club I'd really like to form, but uhm, I can't talk about that.

19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I could comment but discretion is getting the better of me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.