Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Under Review]Group PvP setting easy to abuse

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Social, & Guilds' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

When someone that is in an open PvP zone invites someone in another zone to party up with them, that person becomes PvP flagged. Without prior warning.

When two people are partied in an open PvP zone and leave the zone, they stay flagged, it seems. Fei and I (both not flagged through the Oracle) were in an open PvP zone, with Fei as party leader, when Fei received a call for help from an unflagged friend in a non-PvP zone. He stayed flagged. He then invited his friend into our party, who became flagged as well. I followed them after a little while (being the last of the party to leave the PvP zone), but all three stayed flagged PvP.

And here's the part that I like least: Elgarion and I were in party, with Elgarion as party lead. When Elgarion entered an open PvP zone, I, though miles and miles away from him, became stunned and PvP flagged right where I was. A very unpleasent experience. And easy to abuse, I think. Imagine the following scenario: I park a PvP-flagged friend hidden in some no-PvP zone. I party with somebody else in that zone or take someone to that zone. There I tell them to wait a moment, I'm going to go get something. I then go to an open-PvP zone. As soon as I arrive there, that other person is stunned and PvP flagged. After their spawn protection runs out, my PvP-flagegd friend had ample time to sneak up behind them and backstab hally-whack them without that other person even knowing what's happening. Too easy to exploit! Bad feature.

Personally, I think the "inherit PvP-status" feature should only apply if either one of the party members is already PvP flagged through the Oracle, not if one of them is in or goes to an open PvP zone. And there should be a warning.

Steps to reproduce: See above.

Blocker? No, but could quickly cause a lot of frustration.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Reviewing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.