1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Upcoming Economic Balance Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

This is intended... you don't have to look up anything or buy recipes... you can just use trial and error to see what you can discover. It's covered in the instructions. Don't know why anyone would spend gold on a recipe.

From the Instructions:

"Much of crafting is left for you to discover through experimenting with how items work with each other. You can share your discoveries with other players, either in the game itself or online, on Shroud of the Avatar’s official message board or on sites run by Shroud of the Avatar fans such as sotawiki.net."

"New crafting recipes can be discovered through experimentation or purchased from select merchants"

"When discovering new recipes, you have to use the exact amount of ingredients necessary to create the item."

2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I don't think so - why do you need to buy a recipe if you can learn it from another craftsman or experiment?
    It's in the tradition of old Ultimas when crafting basically was combining different items with the right tools.

3. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

"We don't trust you but here have 100 gold. This is a thing people do when you don't trust them: give them a whole bunch of money. Now since we give 100 gold to every single outlander that comes into our town, and since outlanders visit us all the time, that suggests we tax every single inhabitant of said town to the point where we can afford this. While it has completely and utterly demolished our local economy as it's impoverished our people, we feel it's worth paying you 100 gold because we don't trust you. This makes perfect sense and it's backed by Lord British, who has created this plan to battle our mistrust of outlanders by making ourselves incredibly poor and outlanders incredibly rich. At no point are we to question that Lord British is an outlander himself, as we respect him too much, and anyone else who dared suggest this would be branded a con artist."

I hope this silliness is for multiplayer only.

4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Well, you know what the rents are...

5. Mikeyta

Mikeyta Avatar

The oracle hate me
    I never got a penny

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Mikeyta Did you click on test and then answer the question the way it tells you to? It will make you probably wait to the next day though, but you can check. good luck ;)

Mikeyta likes this.
  7. rild

rild Avatar

What if Devs buy stuff up at random and destroys, removing from circulation. Aside from adding gold to system, seems good. Maybe you can allocate yourselves gold that is already in the system somehow, if that's a thing. I'm clearly an expert here ;)

From unknown Avatar so as to avoid the 'favoritism' argument. Would be easy to cull public vendors at least.

Anyway, just a thought I had - this could help balance inflation of GOODS, and maybe provide gold to some players who need it.

Moiseyev Trueden and yinki like this.
  8. dynastichero

dynastichero Avatar

I've started playing only after the final wipe so I don't know if this has been mentioned before but has any thought been given to creating a sort of "job/contract" system amongst players? "Player X requires service Y so they pay someone else to do it" I don't know what this would look like since I'm not sure what would be valuable enough to people with lots of excess cash sitting around in the game. It doesn't sound like crafting would necessarily work in this scenario from everyone's comments . Something new might have to be created?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's something similar already in place. You can add purchase orders to vendors.

10. dynastichero

dynastichero Avatar

ok cool. Thanks

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

The problem is that they have insane requirements for creating items, and a heavy loss % when trying to improve the gear. This makes it so that crafters are forced to sell it high enough to recoup their losses. Unfortunately, that prices it out of the range for casual players to be able to purchase. Freebie money, and buying random gear from people won't resolve the underlying issue. Unfortunately, the devs have repeatedly said they have no interest in addressing those issues, so there is going to continue being a glut of gear for sale that no one can afford to buy, as the crafters won't be able to afford to price it cheaper with current design.

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Seems to me like its working as intended. You didn't steal the oracle which could be melted down for much more money if it were recycled. Seems like you got played... 8^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.