Upgrading my Pledge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snibbo, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snibbo

Snibbo Avatar

Hi all, I bought the Adventure Pledge $45 but I am now thinking of upgrading the Citizen pledge $550. My question is how do I upgrade this pledge without loosing that $45 already spent?

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

When you log into your account, there will be an Upgrade button next to your current pledge level. You will be charged the difference between your original pledge and the new level you've selected to purchase.

If you have issues or have questions, contact community@portalarium.com about your account. :)

4. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Also, if you first work with a Founder to get your account set as a Founder account as well (by getting them to gift you a pledge, generally in exchange for you sending them the money for it via paypal), that will save you $50 on the Citizen price ($500 vs $550) and get you some extra goodies as well. :)

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Congrats Snibbo. I'm really happy for you. I Started out at a lower tier also. :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You'd get all these extras by being a Founder at the Citizen level and save $50.

Houses:
    A uniquely identifiable Founder's, waterfront Cabana! Yep, you heard it right, a waterfront Cabana, sitting on stilts, in the water, attached to your Village property by a bridge (**Village waterfront lots available to Village, Town, or City property deed holders; early founders and higher value pledges have lot selection priority **)
    Available only to backers, be the envy of the neighborhood with your upscale Early Founder Citizen's home, uniquely identifiable as a Founders Citizen house!

In Game Items:
    Special cloak for your in-game avatar to wear, proudly displaying unique symbology identifying you as an early Founder of the game.
    The Darkstarr Cloak! A special cloak for your in-game avatar to wear, proudly displaying the unique Darkstarr symbol, identifying you as a backer of the game.
    Available only to backers, you will receive one Royal Elderberry seed. Planting the Royal Elderberry seed will yield a Royal Elderberry which is necessary for crafting the unique, Royal Purple Founder's Dye. There will be no other source, ever, for creating the Royal Purple Founder's Dye. Utilizing the Royal Elderberry to craft the dye will also bear a single seed which can be planted and harvested, over and over, for all eternity. The Royal Elderberry seed can be transferred between players.
    Get your last name early! Experience in battle leads to Notoriety, but unlike ordinary adventurers, Immortal Adventurers will have the right to select and display both a first and last name right from the get-go!
    Special in-game item designed by Chris Roberts, available only to backers, uniquely identifiable as a Star Citizen artifact! (What could it be? A special weapon? A special crafting tool? Whatever it is, you can bet it's going to be useful!)
    Get your own Family Crest for display on your shield, tabard and house flag, made from a customized image uploaded by YOU! (Submitted Art subject to Developer Approval).
    You will receive the box cover art as a digital, uniquely framed, in-game decoration for your house.
    You will receive the new world map as a digital, uniquely framed, in-game decoration for your house.
    You will receive a duplicate of your digital tombstone as an in-game yard decoration for your house.
    Special Founder Level plaque as a digital, in-game decoration for your house
    Kill almost any enemy you encounter with a single blow using your Crystal Sword! The Crystal Sword, uniquely identifiable as a Founder's sword, shatters after a single use. (Let it be known that Lord British is impervious to the Crystal Sword!)
    Special tunic for your in-game avatar to wear, proudly displaying unique symbology identifying you as an early Founder of the game.
    2 starter melee weapons, uniquely identifiable as Founder weapons
    You will receive one (1) starter-level, indestructible, crafting tool for the skill of your choice.
    Four (4) complete sets of starter armor, uniquely identifiable as Founder armor, for both male and female: Cloth, Leather, Chain, and Plate.
    One (1) starter shield, uniquely identifiable as a Founder shield
    Two (2) starter ranged weapons, uniquely identifiable as Founder weapons. One of the range weapons will be a crossbow based on a unique design by David "Iolo" Watson!
    Unique ability to tame an elusive monster that an ordinary player could never tame!
    Get ready to show off (and teach) your special emote! Each tier will include its own unique, teachable emote!
    Digital download, serialized, Shroud of the Avatar novel by Tracy Hickman
    Your name will be proudly displayed in the in-game credits, along with Richard Garriott and the rest of the development team!
    Help create and name a character in the game
    Get your very own, unique Founder's house pet, to lavish you with adoration every time you return home!

Real World Physical Items:
    Hand signed, physical reprint of Richard "Lord British" Garriott's, original typewritten, high school English class essay of "The Story of Mondain in the World of Sosaria." This is the original story that became the foundation of Richard's Ultima games.
    Hand signed, physical reprint of Richard "Lord British" Garriott's, original handwritten notes for the "Akallabeth!" (yes, the original spelling included two "L's" in the title) Dungeons & Dragons campaign he designed as a teenager, and that became the foundation of his first commercial RPG, "Akalabeth."
    Printed novel signed by Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott!
    Official Collector's Coin
    Printed "Tinkerer" Certificate, hand signed by Richard "Lord British" Garriott
    Printed Village Property Deed, hand signed by Richard "Lord British" Garriott

Titles:
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Founder" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Artisan" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Pioneer" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Archivist" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Immortal Adventurer" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Cartographer" and “Explorer” to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Curator" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Patron" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Ancestor" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Navigator" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Tinkerer" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Noble Citizen" to be proudly displayed in gold colored font for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).

My thread in the Player Marketplace is here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/founder-willing-to-help.7258/

7. stile

stile Avatar

Woot!!! Glad to see the upgrade!

8. Akalabeth

Akalabeth Avatar

Hi all, I bought the First Responder when the project begun ($25) + $20 gifted for Alienware (Total = $45), but I am now thinking of upgrading Collector $150 (for founder reward). My question is how do I upgrade this pledge without loosing that $45 already I have in my account?
    In my profile the only option is buy (or upgrade) $150, but i though that would be $105 (remember... i have $45 in my account)

Thanks

9. selbie

selbie Avatar

So far each time I have upgraded my pledge it only charges the difference. So don't be put off by the amount it says on the option.
    If they do charge you the full amount, then contact Portalarium and they can sort it out.

Akalabeth likes this.
  10. Akalabeth

Akalabeth Avatar

Then... only I select the option Collector $150 and the diference will be charge to my card?

11. selbie

selbie Avatar

Yes, go to your account page and select the payment type from the dropdown menu and click upgrade. Then you confirm the level you want to upgrade to and it will charge the difference.

Akalabeth likes this.
  12. Akalabeth

Akalabeth Avatar

Ok, but which is the diference between full payments and monthly payments? Because when I select second option the page ask me for my desired level and how I desired pay (totally or fractions)

13. selbie

selbie Avatar

I've only ever done full payments sorry. I would assume monthly means you pay part payments each month until you've paid off the upgrade amount.

Akalabeth likes this.
  14. Akalabeth

Akalabeth Avatar

Thanks for your help.
    If anyone of staff member have more ideas about these topic, help please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.