Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Verdantis Mines lower level, annoying/crazy respawn rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

Of course, we can! We can put in more time and/or money and ride through all this stuff without even noticing.

The problem is that my avatar is a mid-level character with ~90 in blades, and ~80 in archery --- far away from GM. I've put in ~300h since the final wipe. I can do 500h, and things will be better. Heck, 1000h will fix many things... Do you see where I am going? Just for a scale: 1 work-year is 2000h. SotA starts to feel like a full-time job already.

I can imagine a speech we give to novices: "...and by Thanksgiving next year, you will be ready to mine gold. You can enchant things! Come a semester after that and you'll get some silver to mine. Masterworks, here we come! Excited yet? Or you can grind a lot, and try to buy stuff. Or find yourself a real job in the Real World, and pay real money. Your choice. You wanted escapism? Some RP-ing? Nah, balderdash! Hard work will fix you right up.".

Snikorts and Kirran like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Sounds like an MMO almost! :D Isn't that what we are building???

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Hah! I don't know anyone that mines in any second level. There's so many mobs there it makes the third level look like snuggling with fuzzy kittens.

Nolove 0369 likes this.
  4. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I haven't been in the mines since R34, so I'm not sure how bad they are now. But have you tried not looting the bodies? This, at least used to, make enemy NPCs respawn slower. Maybe try this if you have been looting them. Or is that no longer making a difference?

Nolove 0369 likes this.
  5. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Tried it. Didn't matter. The change to make them pop as a group killed it, plus the spawn rate is at least 2x what it was. Coupled with the 2h nerf, the Ignite Weapon nerf, the to-hit and crit bugs and it isn't worth bothering to spend 3 nights mining enough Silver to waste trying to Mastercraft using broken RNG.

6. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Bottom line is....
    They made it unplayable.
    I havent loged in the 3 days...wife is loveing it i got all types of stuff done around the house. Instead of wasting my time in a broken game. That no one cares to fix. Probully broken on purpouse to try to control some part of the broken economy.

Snikorts likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Nonsense. And hilarious, frankly.

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Funny... I've been playing it just fine. If anything, I'm worried about another gold nerf because the fast and heavy repops are making it that much faster to get if you are in level appropriate zones.

9. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I see some of these posts and it just makes me sad.

Crafting is NOT the same as adventuring. Crafters should not have to be 5 skull adventurers!!!

When I first invested in this game to make truly great weapons/armor/staves etc... You would have to venture to a dangerous contested area for a renowned forge or some such. And I loved that! But now they've taken it to the point where every item I craft requires some form of that. It's bad enough gathering is tedious and a massive time sink.

10. Aord

Aord Avatar

Crafter is able to hire adventurers to bring him any resources they find on the road. Isn't this issue self-balancing?

Verit and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

No it's not. Who can afford the prices they charge? Where does that money come from? You need hundreds if not thousands of raw materials not to mention the overpriced consumables.

Snikorts likes this.
  12. Aord

Aord Avatar

There are no free resources, you have to fight to gather those. If you are out fighting (and mining eventually) it seems like you are trying to save money on raws, but that's impossible without some kind of timesink - definitely not less than for "regular" adventurer. There is no such "special for crafters" zone that would offer lots of resources with no risk - guess what? it would be frequented by adventurers trying to make some gold.

I.e.: less monsters - easier mining - lower prices - happier crafters
    more monsters - harder mining - higher prices - happier adventurers

It should be balancing itself via vendor prices, unless this economy is going down the drain.

Fister Magee and Lord Baldrith like this.
  13. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Since most of you you are assuming the same thing ill just take it as you didnt bother to read the OP. Be fore you started posting way out in left field
    Its not a level of skill issue...its not mine in a easyer zone thing...
    Earth elamentals are not that hard to kill even 3-4 at a time.
    Its a matter of playing the game. Im a crafter I need to mine certin types of resources, in this case its Silver Ore.
    The mine has a increased spawn rate that makes me have to sit there and fight mobs over and over and over. YES I KILL THEM. But were here to mine not fight all night. So when I go to bed after playing my 2-3 hours, I killed 100s of elements and got very little ore, because all I did was fight all dam night. I do not call this a sucessfull night out mining. I call this a waste of my time, and im upset about it. This turns the game into even a bigger Grind then it allready was...
    And frankly its no longer fun to play this way

IM NOT ASKING FOR EASY MODE

IM NOT SAYEING REMOVE ALL THE SPAWN

IM SAYING A SIMPLE ADJUSTMENT BACK TO A BETTER BALANCE BETWEEN FIGHTING AND GATHERING.

should there be mobs in a Silver mine.....yes there shohld be. Should they be hard to kill.. yes they shold be.

Should you be able to gather resources after you kill the Mobs? Because you really cant right now.

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Well, sounds like you have choices to make. If sitting around not playing is it, fine! :) Another choice is to find someone who will want to kill mobs for you, I know I would rather kill mobs than mine, many others too I bet. It's not like this change affects only you, it affects all of us. I know I'd like some ore... I can't be bothered to mine ;)

15. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

As mentioned before by several ppl: Having people fight for you does not really help. Even if you don't aggro the Elementals, they constantly throw Earthquakes so your mining will be interrupted at least in some fights. Remember: they sometimes just spawn on top of yourself so even if your mercs pay attention all the time, they won't be able to guarantee you uninterrupted mining most of the time.
    The other side of the coin: Once you have a group large enough to kill those Elementals really quickly, it all gets pretty boring... Either the mercs do some mining too, then you'll have to wait for Ore respawns. Or they don't then they'll stand around doing nothing till another "exciting" fight against Earth Elementals happens.

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Ah I see then the only course of action is to not play! That will sure show them1!! :) Let me know when it is fixed! lol

uhop and Lord Baldrith like this.
  17. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Let's break down the current game mechanics of Crafting, in case a reader hasn't done any crafting and is just theorizing an easy solution for those of us that have.

1) In order to gain Crafting skill levels you must burn Producer points.
    2) Producer points can only be amassed from gathering.

Meaning, I cannot gain skill levels Crafting unless I mined the ore to begin with. I can't just buy it from someone off the Owl's Head vendor. Meaning I need to be a high-level Adventurer in order to be a high-level Crafter.

18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

You won't get all your producer xp just mining? Will you? I am sure every other crafter goes and gets other sources of producer xp.. why don't you? We can all make general statements without proof, keep that in mind. I've seen many crafters with Adv levels way higher than mine.. but you won't see them in this thread. :) for a reason... they play and know how to play. Sorry.

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, it's how the game works.. crafters were never able to craft and only craft, and progress. If all you want to do is sell ore or whatever you make, that's up to you.. but you can see how hard of a life it is.

20. uhop

uhop Avatar

The only course of action is to make themselves heard hoping that devs will fix the issue. That's precisely what @WehTeheFf is doing.

Snikorts and Xandra7 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.