Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Verdantis Mines lower level, annoying/crazy respawn rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

They're practically giving ore away on the vendors. This change was needed. Get a little higher adventuring level if you want to mine in the lower levels of Verdantis, etc.

Dariog, Verit and rild like this.
  2. rild

rild Avatar

It also adds more relevance to guilds and cooperative play styles; Crafters being protected by Warriors. The deeper and more complex skill trees become will enhance this via specialization of labor. At least I hope expect it to come from abundance rather than blunt-handed mechanics like in most games.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and don't forget, don't loot the bodies and it will slow down spawn a little, not sure how much with R34 but it seems ok on the ghosts that were killed today in Hilt. They stayed outta the picture the rest of the time I was there, which was only about 15 - 20 minutes. The earth elementals are worth lots of XP as well.

4. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

The chain reaction aggro was acknowledged in a roaming encounter thread by the devs. Some situations it really sucks for players.

Still a WIP to tune specific areas. I do like the new mechanics in adventure zones

Black Tortoise likes this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

?
    I just ran that all morning.. and thats with crit still being broken.
    Did 700 silver before leaving. I honestly hardly noticed the increase.
    That being said.
    Good, it was entirely too easy to get what should be one of the more rare/essential resource.

Sean Silverfoot and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I feel the spawn rate is fine and the real problem is the range of aggro coming from across the room. Mob aggro range needs to be decreased imo.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

ya, I was down in the mines a few nights ago as a adv lvl 80 and got hit by 4 earths at one time and did almost die of it (had to run out and pull them a few at a time).

Dont forget that the devs said they raised respawn in low areas. Might be advantages to hit newby areas now for some ore.

8. himmelweiss22

himmelweiss22 Avatar

nah, they don't need protectors at all, as i said yesterday, i can kill the stuff easily. It's just annoying, not hard, not entertaining and no challenge, it is an annoying constant, sometimes even an instant respawn...

uhop and FrostII like this.
  9. Albus

Albus Avatar

I find at least in the mines that the respawn itself is not the issue, so much as respawn of annoying earth elementals in particular. As with 2112Starman's experience, I found myself hit with up to four earth elementals multiple times, and they are slow to kill, earthquake stun spamming nuisances to begin with, but manage to survive four of them somehow, breathe a sigh of relief, mine and node or two only to be hit by four *more* all over again, whew. I think if the mines had more of a mix of NPC's and not just all those Earth elementals waging (relatively dull) wars of attrition upon us in such numbers with such frequency is rather draining. I like the existence of the Earth elemental as an annoying, unique foe mind you, but swarms of *those* in particular popping up with rapid respawns is a bit of an exhausting experience, besides the difficulty level.

Otherwise I was finding spawns of foes a bit too slow in many areas, and I like that we cannot so easily just manage spawns by spacing out the kills now. I'd actually like to see more variability in spawns in various places, with the unexpected showing up or "wandering by" (in D&D tradition of wandering monsters :p) to keep us on our toes a bit, but that's probably for another thread ;)

Mixed feelings on the change overall, but mainly liking it outside of massive earth elemental spawns so far... Maybe if it was unique to particular mines, but with the cloned mines all full of those guys it's a bit on the dull side facing them for ore in four packs all the time ;)

Aldo and uhop like this.
  10. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

How does needing a protector in the mines fit with a Single player game, which is what Sota is? It has Multiplayer elements but it isn't a multiplayer game.

Aldo, Vagabond Sam, cartodude and 4 others like this.
  11. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Hmm...I didn't have a problem in the mines...seemed the same to me...perhaps because I kill ele's pretty fast with my water magic...Great XP tho so wasn't complaining...Perhaps not looting the bodies would slow things down a bit if they are too much or leveling up a bit more...

majoria70, amarious and Fister Magee like this.
  12. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

In the specific case of Verdantis Mines lower level having a party doesn't help much because the Earth Elementals have an AoE attack which interrupts mining even if someone else is fighting them.

uhop and Nolove 0369 like this.
  13. amarious

amarious Avatar

I think it's more about learning how to adapt. I was finding the Elysium mines pretty tedious, but after learning some of the air magic tree and bringing my Obsidian Bear in with me I was back to getting the same amount of silver per hour as I had been pre R34. I am enjoying the challenge and hope that you can learn to adapt as well.

Verit, majoria70 and Fister Magee like this.
  14. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Imho the problem is as the OP stated on several occasions: It doesn't add difficulty. It's just annoying as hell, at least for ranged and melee players, because ... well, if you haven't done it yet, try killing 2-4 Earth Elementals at once without using any magic. All physical attacks do half damage to Earth Elementals. That and weapon crit being almost non-existent at the moment (which I guess will be addressed soon) makes it not hard, not impossible, but really, really annoying.

15. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This is unfortunate for the earth-only builds.. and the melee/ranged.. but this game has never catered to every build. If you can't handle the Earth Ele's and need their ore, certainly there must be other places to find that ore? Or will be. I like that the game makes me learn more than one or two trees, to be fully versatile. This is a dangerous world, and easy for now, it will get harder as the days go on.. adapt, or find somewhere else to mine. Maybe pay the merchants for their ore, instead if mining is too annoying for you? Many options you can have, before calling for easy mode back.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

No matter how badly you (and I) may want it, and no matter how the game was originally billed to the public, how can you possibly say this with a straight face? SotA is ONLY a multiplayer game. It is the single player elements that have been tacked on and feel like they don't fit.

17. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

I can easily say it with a straight face. Most people I know play in friends mode. There is no systemic requirement to ever play with anyone else in an online session. It's a single player game with online elements. We're going to agree to disagree on this.

uhop and Fister Magee like this.
  18. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Good! Running a single magic tree should have its points where it REALLY sucks. I know my focus on Water makes Spindrift Passage a bit annoying. Though, I can't say I need to stay down there long for anything.

Not quite as good. Sword in the face resistance should be used sparingly. That being said, if using daggers are rough against them but a 2H sword still does pretty well, then that makes sense. Just a mob in Plate Armor.

You want silver without as many Earth Eles? Go to Elysium. The Second Chamber spawns it there, so you can deal with mostly kobolds and Satyr. Yes there are a couple earth eles, but you have your much desired variety.

Lord Baldrith and Fister Magee like this.
  19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

True! And perhaps Bludgeon should be the only melee skill that does decent damage to them even.. a sword would break, a polearm wouldn't do much good either to a pile of rocks! :) I look forward to the variety these types of mobs offers for sure! Hopefully we see a lot more of this, it makes me want to search out party members, if I cannot handle a type of mob, right?

Lord Baldrith and uhop like this.
  20. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Or at least diversify into other skills. Sure, you may not be a Grandmaster at bludgeons like you are with swords, but if you come across something that is tough to cut, you can at least pick up a mace and hold your own. A warrior with skill only in a single weapon is like a chef with skill only in a single dish. There is great pride to be had in being the best at something. But great shame in being useless once you are outside of that specialty.

Chairstacker and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.