We have lost our dear friend, Lacey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onyx, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

God saw you getting tired,
    A cure was not to be.
    He put his arms around you
    And whispered, "Come with Me."

With tearful eyes
    We watched you suffer
    And saw you fade away.
    We loved you ever so dearly
    But could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating
    Your body put to rest.
    God broke our hearts
    But proved to us,
    He only takes the Best.

2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Always there to help, always there to do more then a person should be able to. A symbol of hope to all those to see that no matter how much you may be going through there is still the ability to give a little more.

Lacey touched so many lives and my heart is still breaking in thinking the candle of her life has been blown out, but she shall forever be remembered.

My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family, she will always be a treasure to the community.

You will forever be loved Lacey!

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

As I sit here to type this, I can barely see as my eyes are filled with tears that just won't stop falling.

This sad news comes just shortly after a sudden passing of my ex-wife, mother of my 19 year old son. Being in an already emotional state from losing someone from a RL relationship, I am finding it extremely hard to compose myself right now after also losing a dear friend that I never even met in person.

I think it will help me, as well as other close friends to try to recall some of the great moments that we shared with Lacey. Here are just a few that come to mind:

First off, she was a fabulous decorator in-game. Not only did she create that "lived in" feel for many player houses and was a major contributor to the old Hometown decorations pre-final-wipe, but she also helped design and build many properties for community events. For example, some of you may recall the Devs vs. Players event that a few of us helped her create for the Spring Telethon...

[​IMG]

That was just a shot of the audience, but it shows how many people have benefited from her being here, even if they didn't know her. I have some fantastic screenshots of the battle stage area on my home computer that I can share later. This was a monumental undertaking and she orchestrated the whole setup like it was simple as putting a fence around your yard. She definitely had a talent for creating a scene that you can never forget!

*EDIT* Here is the battle stage area shot I promised:

[​IMG]

I also remember her decorating a lot in Virtue Oasis for the Virtue League Legends celebration. Sadly, I don't have screenshots of this lot on this computer either, but I'll try to add them later tonight. The thing I remember most about this though was how excited she was to have come up with an idea to use Findoro's Tablets to accent the marble tiles on the dance floor. She was not only excited about how awesome they looked, but even more excited about how many friends offered them up to her that day. I think she received around 30 or more of them from very generous people. She was so grateful to have such wonderful friends and guildmates to contribute to that event!

She was always appreciative of the generosity of others and she earned the respect and friendship of many due to her personality and willingness to help with anything! I can't fathom anyone ever meeting her and not immediately feeling like she was like a sister to them. I mean, one conversation with her and you would consider her like family. She was truly an amazing person!

Besides the wonderful things she did in the game, I think my favorite encounters with Lacey were on Teamspeak though. She was extremely friendly and caring and funny. Always a great listener and advice giver. Never had anything bad to say about anyone. Always cheerful, even when she was having some rough times with her treatments. And, I recall many times when she popped into a channel with her chipmunk voice and she just made everyone laugh and put us all in a good mood. Right now, I am laughing and crying at the same time, just thinking about her using that voice program.

Those were some good times that I will always remember about her and I will miss her dearly.

May you rest in peace dear friend. You don't have to suffer any longer.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. Ellrynn

Ellrynn Avatar

I'm sorry for this sad news .
    All my condolences to his family and friends .

5. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

This is a great loss to the community. My thoughts are with her family, blood and virtual :(

6. Acred

Acred Avatar

Rest in Peace, Lady Lacey.

7. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

We didn't get a chance to know Lacey but thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends! And of course, Lacey. Rest in peace. -Ancev, Roselyn & Dahlia

8. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

Rest in Peace, such sad news.

9. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Avatar

I am truly sadened to hear this news.

I did not know Lacey, but in but the past few hours I can see just how much she meant to so many people.

My heart and thoughts are with Lacey's friends and family.

May you rest in peace my dear.

10. Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar

Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar Avatar

Very bad news. Rest in Peace Lacey.
    My condolences to his family, and friends

11. fyrhuf

fyrhuf Avatar

My heart goes out to her family and those who knew her. Though our hearts are heavy, this is a joyous occasion for her spirit! may she fight on and drink in The Great Hall! Valhalla!

12. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

Rest in peace Lady Lacey... wish we could have a masonry skill to make monuments or statues in remembrance out of granite blocks.

13. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

There is no greater legacy than to be loved, and you my dear Lacey, have left one heck of a legacy.
    You have etched a place in our hearts and memories. Thank you for all of your kindnesses and warmth.
    Rest in peace, dear Lacey.

14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I will miss Lacey. So sad. Nothing but honor and respect.

15. Dexter4

Dexter4 Avatar

This is horrible news for today . RIP.

16. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Sad news, indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Perhaps we should name a periodic SOTA decorating event and award in her memory?

17. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to know Lacey that well :(. I try so hard to make the community work for everyone, to make it fair and ensure that troublemakers don't get in the way, that I sometimes don't have the time to get in there myself, never getting the chance to truly connect with a community member, and now it's too late for me to have met Lacey :(.

I wish Lacey's family the best, and that includes her SotA family here that has supported her efforts with the community. She had something unique and special with all of you, and I know that she would very much appreciate the thoughts here today.

18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am playing SotA exclusively tonight in Lacey's honor. A love for SotA is what we shared. It's the only way I know to pay my respects.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  19. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I have communicated my grief at the loss of Lacey over facebook and other mediums. This hit me hard, very hard, and for a number of reasons. Then I was reminded of the greatness in this community and the developers behind it.

@Lum shared this picture earlier today from QA (but permission was given for me to share)

[​IMG]

Lacey has had such an impact upon so many of us that he went into the office this morning to specifically add a character of Lacey into the Necropolis as a monument to this fine soul.

When I read this conversation I nearly broke into tears myself.

We will, along with many of her friends, be performing a service for her at the time slot of the church of the dark star this saturday. My thoughts are with her family and friends, and our brothers and sisters over in EVL who have truly lost a family member.

20. Royou

Royou Avatar

Such sad news. I......... can't find the words, this is such a shock. Fair thee well my Fair Lady Lacey, may you walk in the light and in peace, your love will always shine in our hearts, you will be missed but never forgotten and remembered always. Bless you and all your loved ones, you and they are in my thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.