What chaps my hide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

[​IMG]

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/292718387

The infamous courage can be frigid quest was broken, a lot of players knew it, it was common knowledge to anyone who tried to complete it, as can be seen in these 3 threads with a good number of players reporting it;

I appreciate that the quest is fixed, but the way in which it being fixed was announced was a bit odd. As the one and only official announcement that I can find involves this twitch comment vaguely mentioned by Darkstarr while I was driving down the road afk.

At 1:31:05 of the livestream after I left I got a reply only to see it on the replay.

No need to keep the mentioning of the fixing of a quest so quiet, please, put it in the patch notes next time, players will be happy to see it marked as fixed, no need to create some illusion that I was the only one who wanted to know when it would be fixed as here are 3 threads on the subject

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-outskirts-mission-stuck.132531/#post-1078662

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...quest-entering-mystical-looking-glass.132393/

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rage-can-be-frigid-quest.132398/#post-1090084

A simple, hey it's fixed guys, would've been cool, but nope. I stopped checking if it was fixed after a week or two, we can't all click on the large mirror every second of every day, but thanks for the heads up after I left chat. I'm not the bad guy, I was a concerned player who literally spent more time on that quest than any other quest in the game, I thought it was an awesome quest, amazing even, very Ultima-like, until the broken mirror, which is fixed, thanks for fixing it. The only follow up I had was you can't leave the room you enter after clicking the mirror without recalling out, the exit was broken the first and last time I was there anyway.

2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Yes, I think that could have been much better handled, myself. Thank you for staying on top of broken content like this @Razimus - there's still a long way to go with it all.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thank you for letting us know, Razimus.

jammaplaya and Rentier like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think maybe it's fixed for next release because I just saw a new player talking about it being broken yesterday.

Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Every time a new person (especially when it’s a trial account person), and this quest continues to break weekly, makes my blood pressure go up......

7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It is fixed for R57. Sorry I was not clear about that. Agree we could have a better loop on when things are fixed we just simply don't have the bandwidth to follow up on every issue as it is fixed. That is not an efficient use of our time. We are very sorry that can be frustrating at times.

And to be clear Razimus you posted "when is it going to be fixed?" about 5 or 6 times before I posted that comment requesting that you stop repeating the question so not sure how you were "driving down the road afk" and posting the question repeatedly.

Metalton, Elwyn, Nelzie and 11 others like this.
  8. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

So let me get this straight @Razimus ...

A quest was broken and brought to the devs attention and put into their database of items to be addressed. The devs then fixed the quest and you didn't know if it was fixed or not, so you repeatedly badgered Port to get an answer and they finally told you to bugger off. Is this pretty accurate?

I put in about a dozen bugs a week on average and don't follow up on any of them. Why? Because they are identified, categorized and prioritized according to Port's needs, and resources available. I have to trust that when broken parts of the game are identified that the designers address them to the best of their ability in their timeframe. Imagine if they responded to every player who posted questions like "Is it fixed yet? is it? is it? Is it? When will it be fixed?" So much time would be taken away from actually fixing the game.

Elwyn, oplek, Olthadir and 2 others like this.
  9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

To question my honesty I find extremely disrespectful Mr. Long, I don't hang around during every minute of every live stream, although you must have a memory of me being here as an active supporter of the game since it's incarnation. But if you must hear the details A to Z, due to my honor being questioned I will detail it.

At 1:28:46 I said the following "I'm out"

At that moment I turned off my computer and drove down the street to get lunch, specifically Taco Bell, if you must know I purchased the $5 box with the cheesy burrito, doritos taco and new Taco Bell fries with nacho sauce which I recommend, I upgraded to a large Baja Blast as always, as it's my favorite variety of Mt. Dew.

At 1:30:52 (After I had already been on my way to Taco Bell) You said the following to me "yes the quest is fixed". At this point in time the quest being fixed was not common knowledge, in fact, not a single peep of it being fixed was ever uttered officially anywhere, so this is officially the first announcement of it being fixed.

If you want to re-watch the stream for yourself I do not turn my computer back on and load up the twitch chat and join in again until I see Garriott talk about combat and his connection cutting in and out due to what is considered likely his hotel wifi connection. Garriott was talking about crafting, and every time he said craft it came out as "cra---" and it sounded like Lich crafting, or Lich crap.

I made the comment at "lich crap?" at 2:17:36, that's when I was back.

From 1:28:46 to 2:17:36 I was AFK, away from my keyboard, closed all windows, turned off my computer. A good 49 minutes I was AFK, so I would say it took a good 5 minutes to drive to Taco Bell, a good 5 minutes to order and 5 minutes to drive back. 34 minutes of eating my lunch while AFK. But thanks for jumping to the conclusion of a lifelong supporter who pledged during the live stream, I don't need to reveal what I pledged, I'm glad you guys have charities to support.

My personal motto outside of any video game is as follows; Seek truth, speak truth, reveal truth, stand for truth, light conquers darkness.

I take truth seriously, everyone has an opinion, but when I speak truth, and it's questioned and insinuated as a lie, especially coming from someone I personally support with a generous amount of pledges, I will defend the truth. You will create an atmosphere of positivity when you don't think the worst of someone. Think the best of those that support your game. Without us pledgers you wouldn't have a job, we support you to an extreme extent, I don't speak for all pledgers and backers but I know there is a atmosphere of personal grudges that need not exist, a development team should never take anything ever typed and posted on here by the fans as anything personal, we don't personally dislike you guys, you work hard, you do your best, we appreciate it, but when personal attacks take place it's weird, it's strange, it's out of place. I can only speak for myself, but if I were in your shoes I would never take anything anyone has ever said about a video game personally, I wouldn't hold personal grudges, I'd let it all fall off me like water, try to picture all of the pledgers and backers as a whole, together we can keep this game alive, something that is not common knowledge shouldn't be announced the way it was announced, that was my 2 cents. Focus on the positive things, feel free to ignore the negative things, but I will always have an open mind and see as objectively as possible, but I support your game and have pledged during many telethons, so don't assume I'm the enemy, I'm not.

Whoknows, Azzamean, Pikegirl and 8 others like this.
  10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I am very sorry you were offended by my actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.