What Do FPO & SPO Mean To You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myth2, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

*Devoid's eyes widen and become glassy*
    *Devoid pronounces "F-R-I-E-N-D" very slowly and deliberately, savouring every syllable*
    F-R-I-E-N-D!

BillRoy likes this.
  2. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Seriously though, who doesn't like Devoid? :D

Devoid, Vyrinor and BillRoy like this.
  3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

A few questions from a newbie:

I have never played an online game. Reasons include time (I fear that half to an hour now and then wouldn't allow me to keep up; in the UO scene most other players would be levels ahead of me and I could get dead very quickly if they were into pvp). Also I don't know how I would adapt to the play style.

Nevertheless I am thinking of trying out the OPO mode with SOTA, just to see how I cope and how it works.

My essential question: If I don't do well at it for whatever reason, can I revert to single player online or even offline? ie, go back to the way I have always played.

I don't mind starting again completely if that's what is needed.

Any and all advice will be appreciated.

4. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Yes you may. However, don't allow yourself to be intimidated by how others progress in the online world, it is still just a game, and one plays it according to one's own qualifications, and this includes time. In other words, play the game according to your own needs and desires, and others will do the same.
    Enjoy! Hope to see you around New Brittania, albeit occasionally.

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Thanks Devoid - I feel better now!:)

6. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

You will be able to revert to single player online easily, without losing any progression. In fact you will likely be able to choose, every time you play - if not more often - if you want to play single player online, open play online, or anything in between.

To revert to offline it's likely that you will need to start over, though ways to import an online character for offline play might be possible. The reverse - taking a character from offline play to the online game - is guaranteed to NOT be possible in order to avoid potential cheating, though. Also, online and offline characters will be kept separate, with any limits to the number of online characters not influencing, or being affected by, the offline ones.

7. Original

Original Avatar

I may go for SPO because I don't like the feeling of playing this great game alone. I have played a lot of great single player games, but there were times when I wanted to share it with other people.

8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Single player offline is a separate char from all others
    Online you can change at any safe zone to opp, fpo, something something online.....

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

9. Cosmos

Cosmos Avatar

I am especially interested in the OPO mode because i believe that this style will be very close to a mmorpg.

Nevertheless, i have a question : is the FPO mode gives us access to the same resources as the OPO mode?

I don't think. I read that the more scarce resources were in PVP area. Can someone confirm this for me?

10. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

This has not been stated.

There may be such thing as a different version of an instances hex where there's good stuff to grab but you might get killed for it.

There might be something where your "side" has to own a mine to use it. In this case switching modes or option out of PvP doesn't suddenly give it to your side.

But this is pure conjecture.

11. Cosmos

Cosmos Avatar

Ok thank you for your answer. I also think that it remains us to obtain much information on the differences between the various modes (in particular advantages and disadvantages).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.