What does "adventurer level" actually do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

At this point in our game's development and in our own character development, many players that have long lived and worked on characters haven't worked on a new character in a very long time.

With that said, I have, yet with each change, even that new character building gaming experience is out dated within the time of only 2 releases. My current character has been being worked on for around 2 months in building his skills. So... I decided with this last new character, that I would bring all his combat and defensive skills up to 50 before allowing all skills to develop any further.

The result was a strange one, because things that were yellow to me were very much kicking my A$$ and taking a very long time to kill them if I could. If 2 yellows at that time would attack me, I'd have to run or die and I don't die that often within my play style. I place a higher value on death unless it's PvP. I'm not in a hurry to get to any "top". I've been there and done that (too many times) which I found to limit the amount of fun I could have had I slowed down to enjoy all the hunting areas longer.
    :rolleyes: That would seem a better way of measure to me because of what I encountered with this relatively new character.
    ~Time Lord~

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ya' think ?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Got some good feedback from the people that have taken the time. Thanks. I'll just keep on truckin' and putting the XP into the skills I feel will help the most! I do believe the game is constantly headed in the right direction, so I'm glad I've been along for the ride since (almost) day one.

claybwagner and Time Lord like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

With all the constant changes, that's the way I too and many feel about this rollercoaster development of ours :);)~TL~

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

id feel bad, but at least i was doing it as an archer and not just killen 40 in 3 spell casts like OP death mages =P lol

Time Lord likes this.
  6. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

It makes the game feel more hard core by intentionally leaving out information for no actual reason. Duh.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Seriously, if you aren't willing to dig through a log file or, once they remove that, enter all your stats into an offsite utility, you probably haven't even taken the training wheels off your bike;)

TheBalance and Time Lord like this.
  8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I highly doubt that the average joe MMO player that picks up SotA is going to go looking for log files and such. A vast majority of players are essentially console players with a decent PC. They're going to log in, play a bit, and log off. A vast majority do not even go to these forums.

claybwagner and Time Lord like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I sure won't be doing it :(
    ~TL~o_O

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

One thing that comes to mind on this issue that's slightly new :oops:...

I'd like to see something that takes all "Hunting Party Members" into account when it comes to the color of what monster names are presented. I know what difficulty "I could have" with any creature, but when a party combines, that value should change.
    Shouldn't it o_O could that add something to offer for our game play o_O...?
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.