Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What exactly are we doing here, Devs?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Alcedes, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

So many threads like this one, where the OP speaks as though the developers have full intention that the current state of things is exactly how the game should be.

You are experiencing a work in progress, it could take many more months, perhaps a year, till all this "middle content" is completely fleshed out.

You could always donate about 2x the current donated amount and buy like 60 employees for the company. Though, accounting for the mythics of the man-month, those employees would need quite some time getting settled into the project at large, and would likely become really effective at "gettin stuff done!" for Episode 2 content. Really, the triple-sized-team would need to have been backed and hired a year or more ago, to be able to speed things along right now. So it is what it is. Home cooked, small batch software at its best. You quite literally cant rush this.

Another alternative: pledge another account and start building a new char :)

Metlore and Tahru like this.
  2. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

i already have 5. i think thats enough for now. :D

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree with this. In addition my concern is that the single player online will not be able to compete with the MPO aspect of the game. If it takes a raid to kill a boss how the hell are you going to do it in single player online. Companions would help or scaling possibly.

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Kaisa and Baalice like this.
  4. tinman_n8

tinman_n8 Avatar

I'm glad I saw Alcede's skill trees. Now I know that PVP is simply not an option. What's the point with monsters like that running around?

Mitara and Corp Por like this.
  5. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

Tahru likes this.
  6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Question is, how much of those ability scores did this player get from the innate skills? And how much did this player get from gear bonuses. Oh and how much of a bonus is there other than simply health hit and focus?

7. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

That is a fair question. Let's see how much my gear REALLY matters then, eh? :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knss9sddf0st7m3/Mostly_Naked.PNG?dl=0

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  8. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

It appears i am depending on my skills for like 95% of my build..and my gear is just kinda "there" from my point of view.

StevieD, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Mitara like this.
  9. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Really? I would really like to see a level 20 mage (not plate fighter) handle a patriarch bear :)

10. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

i wish i was still low level, i would show you how. its what i did. i started soloing deep ravenswood around level 20, using almost nothing but fire arrow, ice arrow, and kiting.

Mitara, Fionwyn Wyldemane and helm like this.
  11. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

12. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

i do not find Moon magic very useful. Especially not to me. Others may feel differently though.

Lord Baldrith, 4EverLost and Baalice like this.
  13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

im getting the idea that you might be an outlier, in terms of your access to gameplay. for now, i can at least stop worrying that i play too much, as you have reset my scale entirely :).

14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Lets use our imaginations a little. Even Gandalf cant just whip together a picnic meetup on the Plateau of Gorgoroth for himself and 3 friends. Gandalf would get pwned by like 75 "level 12" archers. He would require an army to have that picnic.

So whats wrong with the game world having areas which are quite literally off limits to all but an army of players? I hope SotA has its Cirith Ungols and Minas Morguls and other dark impregnable fortresses and whatnot. I can solo the hilt, and while Im fine with it being soloable, there should be hilt-like zones that outlanders just cant adventure in. Its not "raid content" if its just level 5 orcs and stuff, but at the same time, a single group would be easily defeated by an army of lowbies so... anyway, just imagine the archer-laden zones you refer to as the darkest corners of New Britannia.

Metlore likes this.
  15. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Knock it off Weins

16. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

@Alcedes

You should be congratulated on what you have accomplished in such a short time.

My question is what now?

My suggestion is to you help others in any way you best enjoy.

Gathering resources... helping your guild or a player owned town... helping new players....

OR

Wait six months to a year for your specific issues to be addressed

17. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Only a couple of releases ago there was a thread by a high level player complaining that he could easily solo any scene or mob in the game. It makes me wonder if this isn't just a temporary pendulum swing in the opposite direction that overshot its mark in an attempt to eradicate the zero challenge factor for such players. In any case, I believe it's good feedback to have. I think we'll experience many more such pendulum swings before equilibrium sets in. I'm holding on to my seat!

Bluefire, helm and Baalice like this.
  18. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

im all in favor of having some raid content. my concern is that we have a large amount of content that requires an army, and no content tailored to the level 70-90, 1-8 man groups. raid content is great. but we dont need so daggone much of it when we are without the 70-90 single party content to progress to the raids.

helm likes this.
  19. helm

helm Avatar

Not wanting to hijack/divert this from an excellent feedback thread into an "ask from @Alcedes" one, but I got curious while watching your fiery meeting with Riel (very, uh...cool, and now we also know where all those bundles of feather are coming from :)):
    How relevant do you see stacking as a game mechanic? I see you do some quick stacking (stack two and then immediately execute) but only rarely more than that. So how important/relevant do you see that, and how is stacking currently implemented in your view? By my own experience, I'm guessing that it helps a little bit with focus, but the effect is small enough to make me doubt that it's only because I'm told that it does... I can also see mildly improved crits but still wondering just how much it's worth it.

20. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Ahh.. too bad.. but i guess its lucky that you just happen to not be able to show a video :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.