what happened to the increased durability for bone armor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dreamlarp, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

Wasn't the main draw for the bone armor when they first told us about it it that the increased durability would make it better for mastercrafting and enchanting? What happened? They never came out and told us that this was not the case.

If we can't put more enhancements on these then why are the components so rare off boss mobs? If it was just for a little more avoidance I would have stuck to plate armor. What gives?

Xeethrax, Pikegirl and Govenor Ruin like this.
  2. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Hmm? It does not give increased durability on live server? Is it a bug or?

It was CLEARLY stated in the intro that Bone Armor gave increased durability, and is its main gimmick besides Light armor tree with heavy armor mods.

I went out of my way to find the materials to make it and I won't want to if the durability is not increased. (annoyed)

Any updates on this?

@DarkStarr

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Xeethrax likes this.
  3. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

So what IS the durability of Bone Armor pieces?

4. Xeethrax

Xeethrax Avatar

I know for chest its 150 and helm 80 (neither was exceptionally crafted).

5. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

This is the same as all leather/cloth armor.

Yes that was the big sales pitch for the armor and why it is made from super rare items dropped from bosses. Why the bait and switch? Why would they take that away?

Pikegirl likes this.
  6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

When we were first experimenting with the design on QA we considered this but we changed our mind upon final implementation.

7. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

The lack of DR is actually really a problem because its stat material is metal, and only two types of metals don't provide +% DR (which is useless since nothing to increase), copper and constantan. You guys also bumped the absorb up, but that's useless too. A lot of the basic design around armor and armor crafting is based around the idea that everything but cloth is going to have SOME DR. The absorb is good but I'm not sure it's good enough to justify any of the other decisions, because bone armor is so terrible in every other way.

Pikegirl likes this.
  8. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

I guess the point I'm making is that I don't really see a problem with saying, "this armor has this specific use that it's good for, and if you want to use it for that, go kill these bosses a zillion time and grind out skeleton bones but it's worthless for everyone else" but based on the stats, I'm not even clear on who this armor is for, and what niche it's particularly good for. Which, considering the hours of play involved in getting it, seems like a problem if it's supposed to be part of the game. On the other hand, most people interested in it haven't been deterred by this information (because they basically want it as a cosmetic set), so maybe none of this matters.

FrostII and Pikegirl like this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

But this line is still in the Release 34 Instructions, under the Crafting, Cooking, and Food heading:

FrostII and Miracle Dragon like this.
  10. DarkStarr

You must have an old cached copy because it does not say that currently.

However because some of you understood it would have this characteristic and we still think it is a good design we are going to add the extra durability back in.

lollie, FrostII, Sixclicks and 10 others like this.
  11. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

Thank you! For crafter /deathknight build this would only make sense if even with the hard gather in resources this armor in the long run would make any sense. Even though I would have to break many many of the pieces it might be worth it if we could get 3 masterworks and 3 enchants. Otherwise it really is not worth it at all. In the future it might help to let us know about these changes. Players like us plan things in advance based on what is posted. Since the first posting I was getting ready for this armor based on the added durra.

FrostII likes this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Hmm, I force refreshed that webpage and it still says that; 5th paragraph from the top of the page. Oh well, glad to see its going back in.

Pikegirl likes this.
  13. DarkStarr

Damn. I had changed it in the details below but not in the summary section above. Oh well. It's moot now since we are changing it back

lollie, NRaas, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  14. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

Thank you for making this clear. There really are many of us who spend quite a bit of time playing. We like to plan out things or we waist a lot of time. I even have a friend who makes her extra food money through your trade forums so it does all matter.

15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

In the future you might want to give so armors a "conducive/resistant to enhancment" characteristic so that armors can lose more or less durability on mastercrafting. That way we could have heavily enhanced armors without you having to give "Wizard's hats" and the like crazy amounts of durability.

16. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Does reduced fizzle also apply to bone plate or just the standard bone armor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.