What is going on?? A SotA Leveling Guide

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Themo Lock, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

only reason i didn't suggest undead is that they can resurrect sometimes and the new mechanics for them will make them immune to some attacks, but yes they are good for loot ^.^

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks for the guide!

Themo Lock likes this.
  3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Really helpful guide, Themo Lock :)Hmm...I don't remember Deep Ravenswood being this tough before :eek: I remember being able to take on three wolves at a time before at the same level (46) a couple of releases ago...now I am getting mauled to death by ONE. Bears also much tougher and kill me easily...and they have about DOUBLE my health now :( I guess this was done to offset the boost to magic this release ?

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

everywhere is slightly more challenging now

FrostII and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Hmm...other than Greymark Forest (where I spend most of my time these days...), is there anywhere else of comparable level that offers decent loot? ( I still have a tough time hitting elves :() I was hanging out in the Ruined Keep for a while killing undead, but still not generating enough gold to cover the cost of arrows and repair kits. Solania sewers were good - if you were with a group - not so much if you went in solo :eek:

Themo Lock likes this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Peeping Tom!
    :p

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Humanoids for loot, thugs, bandits, elves, undead. I think it was east perennial trail for some nice easy bandits.

Budner and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Gabriel Nightshadow,

I'm not sure if killing undead doesn't work for you; I earn gold by killing undead mostly, because they not only have gold coins, but ectoplasm and corpse wax and their weapon. I go to the East Perennial Trail, where you have skeletons, zombies, bandits. On a good haul I can get up to 1000 in gold coins and 1000+ more gold by selling things I pick up. Of course, I don't have to buy arrows, but I don't need to buy repair kits that often, either.

9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Kings Road also has a nice clump of low level undead.

FrostII and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  10. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I recently hunted in highvale and it gave me good gold and loot (bows from the archers and reagents from the wizards).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Ice Queen, Numa, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  11. Rubus Bramble

Rubus Bramble Avatar

Fab Guide Themo..!! I knew a lil but have learnt alot in the 5 mins it took to read ..!! Kudo's ..!!

Themo Lock likes this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

By the way, the 1-skull scenes tend to be road scenes, like the Valeway and Perennial Trail. I believe Solace Bridge is also 1-skull. The more you move out from roads, and the more you move out from inhabited areas / NPC towns, the more difficult the scenes will get. The only way to tell for sure is the skull markers, but there's a pattern to scene difficulty.

13. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

Not all zones with the same amount of skulls are the same though. Spider-infested zones are pretty bad because they gang up on you and hit like trucks. Then you have to pay attention to roaming gangs (of wolves, bandits). I usually try to get mobs one by one, because I'm running in cloth armor and just can't tank so well (I'm a mage with a pet).

Btw if this is the boosted state of magic, what was it like before? I kill stuff faster with a 2hander or a bow than I do with magic spells :/ (I'm also only lvl 21 and the relevant skills might level up later).

Themo Lock and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  14. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Maybe go back to the low-level areas to earn money then go back to the higher level area after you stock up? Don't need the ammo for the low-level areas if the skills are up;)

Ice Queen and Themo Lock like this.
  15. Gabriel Nightshadow

You go through arrows quickly if you are using charged attacks along with the special attacks and a ton of repair kits if you are wearing leather armor (even with armor preservation skill...) Each run is costing me a couple thousand gold :eek:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  16. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Good job Themo!

Themo Lock likes this.
  17. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Not really, I think even daggers in a drunken toddler's hands do more damage than a pure mage build does currently.

Ice Queen, Kara Brae and kazeandi like this.
  18. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

I hope magic becomes viable with better attunes and innates. Everyone with some sense runs around in plate, only I stick stubbornly to cloth because "I'm a mage!", and in the end, my pet needs several hits to grab aggro and I heal myself more than my pet ;) If only I could retaliate like a mage ... and not by pulling out my 2hander like Conan in woolies ;)

19. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, I do... I was adventure 52 before the wipe... I think maybe I'll try turning everything off, but one... Seems like Themo and Chris S have suggested that, but I'm too pig headed and want everything even...

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

The other end of Solace bridge (where the portal is) reminds me of Kingsroad. The smaller area though makes the convergence of skeletons, zombies, spiders and wolves tricky to handle specially for beginners. I remember running like hell everytime I needed raw materials or simply to use the physical gate exit. Died so many times in that area. Will definitely revisit that place in SPO - with my water elemental. Payback time.

kazeandi, Kara Brae and Themo Lock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.