What is the path to the ONBE? Or the Royal Warrant?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sold and gone, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Commonwealth countries are considered connected to Britain, but not fully ruled by Britain. They often have the Union Jack on their flags and the Queen on their currency, but they consider themselves independent. It is weird.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Reality is always weirder than fiction.

PK U, Sold and gone, Arianna and 3 others like this.
  3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The Most Excellent Order of the New Britannian Empire is the order of chivalry rewarding contributions to the creation or promotion of Shroud of the Avatar, or the fostering of, or service to the Shroud of the Avatar Community.

Knights of the Order of the New Britannian Empire are appointed at the pleasure of Richard Garriott de Cayeux, who is the fount of honor.

Candidates for the honor are normally chosen with the advice and consent of the royal advisors, the Team Leads. However, Richard retains the right to appoint any community member of his choosing.

There is one recognized rank: Knight.

Knights are awarded a badge and drape ribbon to wear when appropriate. The badge is normally worn on the left chest.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  4. Sir Frank

Royal Warrants of Appointment are issued to those organizations that provide goods, services, or activities to the Shroud of the Avatar Community which are recognized by Portalarium as being beneficial to the community.

Warrants are issued at the pleasure of Richard Garriott de Cayeux, who is the fount of honor.

Candidate organizations are normally chosen with the advice and consent of the royal advisors, the Team Leads. However, Richard retains the right to award warrants to any organization he chooses.

A Royal Warrant plaque is awarded to the leader or designated representative of the organization being awarded.

5. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I know that you don't have to act virtue to get an ONBE (look at Amber) and I have not heard that anyone lost his title yet.
    I'm sure non of the current holders got proposed by the community nor did they asked for it or even worked to this goal. Many just realized a stupid idea against all forces and united parts of the community with it.

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I've nominated some community members for ONBEs, and some have received them but some have not. I don't know if they seriously consider community nominations or just those that the team proposes.

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

A CHARACTERS's views on virtues are different from how you as a player interact in the community.

AmberRaine's character prefers chaos to virtues, but as a player she has been virtuous in her interactions with the community.

8. Sir Frank

The ONBE is an award for past achievement, not for future achievement, so I'd be surprised if anybody would have one revoked.
    However, Portalarium forgot they gave me one, and gave it to me again. Same with the Royal Warrant for the College of Arms. Since they were awarded before record keeping began, they sort of slipped off the radar. Record keeping aside, I don't imagine any will be revoked. Certainly, virtue has nothing to do with it. It's an out-of-game thing, and they can't track our virtue. The fact that there will be in-game titles and perhaps visible ribbon does not confer any in-game benefit.

Ravicus Domdred and Dame Lori like this.
  9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

THERE'S HOPE!!! :D

10. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

The Queen of England is technically the commander and chief of the Royal Bahaman Defense Force

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    What if that person stopped playing and sold the account? Would they take the title off the account then?

12. Ceara_Quein

Ceara_Quein Avatar

The Queen, through her representative of the Governor General, has the power to halt parliament in Canada. When taking an oath, like for police or military, they have to swear allegiance to the Queen. Her face is all over the currency.

Although Canada got rid of their union jack bit when they adopted the maple leaf.

13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Thank you for posting this. I understand the idea of rewarding people for excellent service to the community. I was looking for more specific reasons of what criteria they expect. I would love to open up a website and sell stuff for SotA, but I a full time business that I run, and do not have the time for a second business. I would love to do you tube walk troughs for the community but I have never done a youtube video before nor have even attempted to record my game. In addition I do not promote hint or cheat-book guides in the first place so thats out of my range. I used to try to gather resources for for people as it was about the only thing i was good at until portalarium started handing out resources to work with.

Bubonic likes this.
  14. Sir Frank

I would imagine they would. They tend to know the people with these awards, and would recognize the name and pull the title.

15. Sir Frank

I don't think they can define anything specific. It has to stay flexible so the devs can award anything they see going on that makes the game better. Otherwise they might see something good that they never thought of, and would have to change the definition because people would whine and cry that they were rewarding something that wasn't on the official list.

To open a website and sell stuff, you would need to come up with a good business plan and present it to Dallas for consideration.

A well made video or map or drawing would just need to get noticed. If you consistently put out good stuff, the devs will notice.

I applaud your stance on walk-throughs, hints, and guides. Shroud advertises that this is a game that doesn't do any hand-holding, and yet people line up to do the hand-holding. But, I digress. The key is to find something that needs doing, and do it.

smack, Ronan and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Well again thank you. I do have plans in the works for when my town gets implemented. The only reason I purchased a town was for a theme that would benefit the game as a whole with my vision of it. I am working on some new lore also to tie in to what I know about the lore right now. After I get my town open I can start doing things with Duke gregoir and his welcome quests at least. I am pretty excited because I can finally start planning my layout being I have no idea what the underground biome looks like. Again, thank you for your information.

Dinsoo [MGT] and Sir Frank like this.
  17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Just as a sidenote:
    People that I would expect to get an ONBE.
    Mata - Has welcomed everyone to the community with a warm greeting.
    Bubonic - developed the avatars radio device
    Redfish (Elmo) Full of wisdom and good ideas, and also a major contributor to pictures put on steam and on our release pic threads.
    Majoria - Although I do not always agree with her, she is consistent on her posting and is always in game helping new players
    Spoon - Again, not always in agreement but is very smart, and has many answers for many things. I view him as a scholar who shares his knowledge.

(I will add more as I think of them)

18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I would like to add @Lord Baldrith and @Asclepius to that list, given all the work they do with their weekly podcasts and the New Britannia Theater Troupe!

19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Is this one of those of things where "If you have to ask, you are unworthy?"

Just wondering.

Ravicus Domdred and Spoon like this.
  20. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

No

Ravicus Domdred and Bubonic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.