Why are Addon-store weapons worse than NPC-sold items of the same type?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey McCormick, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Also hornipie is rights cotos can drop on literally anything. Even resource node.

Nelzie likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's a small chance for a coto off ANY mob. i got one off a frostgeist.

Sean Silverfoot and Nelzie like this.
  3. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I haven't looted one yet, but that is nice to know.

4. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I would have been too but I am now aswell and seriously, outside of these forums I think many will agree that this is wrong but that doesnt matter.. I've said my piece on the subject, not here to try and change anyones mind. oh and it really does not matter if players can make it or not (to me) A dev should never do anything like this, behind the scenes only.

has been decreased a lot. dropped bunch of reags dont remember exact amount but somewhere 150-300 and ransom was 1k. to me that is pittiful but I guess everyone sees ransom differently. I would lile it raised by x100... or they could actually check values on items and try to make a system that makes sense..

I read everyword even when he said he will have to remake them and it will take DAYS (he used caps) new items were up 24h later
    and here your only thinking of how you feel, now you may say that I do too but I actually belive that this will be really bad PR for shroud. A game that I want to see be a big hit one day. You should be aware of how much poo has been thrown at the game for "p2w" regarding housing and cotos, this here is much much worse.

but like I said I am not here to try and change anyones mind. I am pointing out the the very probable shitstorm (close to launch) I just dont think it's a good idea. Already lost 1 paying customer :p lol

Mykll likes this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Stand up notes on 11/15, 11/16,11/17 & 11/20 all have him working on crafting gear. *shrugs*. Interesting to see the next set of Stand up notes.

6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

doesnt change the fact that the new items were up the day after, maybe he is making more I really dont know. Worse it is anyway ;)

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

As far as melee goes, i no longer find artifact weapons appealing. The tier 2 materials are far superior!

But i also mostly rely on my weapon. No need for much attunment

Disgruntled likes this.
  8. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Very cool. I did not know you can transfer the skin. How does this work exactly?

9. Lained

Lained Avatar

Some (check the store description/item tool-tip) add-on store items yield an eternal pattern when salvaged upon the relevant crafting station, the pattern can then be applied to a new item of the same type again using the crafting station, the apply pattern recipe will be in your recipe book.

Humbert_Humbert likes this.
  10. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

... what Lained said :) but it's called 'reshape'

Lained likes this.
  11. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I won't be able to afford to compete with the charitable giving that will win those items either. They are going to be unique items that will wear down and break. It's going to cost the players who win each item effort to keep those items in good working order. These are not "I win" button items. They are powerful, they are awesome, but they are unique.

I'm less than thrilled that I don't have a golden sword to go with my golden clockwork armor and golden cloak, but I couldn't afford to invest farther. I wish that I had a much bigger lot availability, but I only have one NPC town row house lot and one POT row house lot. I might buy a POT Village or City lot... but I don't know if I'll be able to do that in time.

But... none of that makes the game Pay 2 Win, not even these unique items. They aren't a big deal. Maybe one item goes to one person, so that means out of... 100,000 to 150,000 players, there will be... nearly 1 dozen players that have currently unique and very difficult to craft items that within the next two years will be equaled or surpassed by many thousands of player crafted items.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There are enough people offering free rooms to get people into thier town that i dont think getting a “house” will be an issue.

Nelzie, Numa, Hornpipe and 2 others like this.
  13. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

150,000 players? which game are you playing
    with decay on gear as it is now you could grind for years with that gear before its worn out lol. sometimes I wonder if you are playing shroud of the avatar or something else..

Mykll likes this.
  14. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

A game that is yet to go "live", a game that is an MMO and might feature a hundred thousand players, over time. There's over 200,000 accounts registered with forum access and not everyone is willing or interested in playing an incomplete, yet persistent game like we are doing. Yes, more than two of those accounts are owned by one person, but would someone really want to own 10,000 accounts? What would be the point of that?

Regardless... even if we were only talking 20,000 players. Out of 20,000 players there would be... what? 12 or so maximum players that could have ONE of those items, but we might actually see one very wealthy player end up with more than one of those items. 12 items, that can be made in game, but will take players time to reproduce.

How many times do you expect to run into those players? Why is it really a problem that in game craftable items are being made, purely for a charity drive that will be used by players that you might never run into and you'll eventually be able to kit your character out as well or better as people learn about and acquire many more elements for crafting?

What's the problem? It's not like they are going to be making an unlimited amount of these that will be available for anyone to purchase at any time, thus punishing players without truckloads of cash behind them.

15. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

In my opinion, this Quote by answers the entire question. Store items are flare, convenience, and luxury goods.

To add onto the PtW conversation:
    I know players that have not spent any real money beyond the initial purchase of the game and have land and houses.
    The only items, I can see, that are "better" are prosperity tools.

Sean Silverfoot and Lained like this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Only in the sense that they don't break, you can make better tools.

Numa and Lained like this.
  17. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

Lots of crafters consider the crafted TRUE BRONZE tools to be better then the store bought prosperity tools.

Nelzie likes this.
  18. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Thanks a bunch.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That depends on what you want to do. If you need the extra proficiency to even make an item then the true bronze tool is the one you need. If you want a little extra exceptional chance then prosperity FTW.

Nelzie likes this.
  20. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

If you lose your crafted sword with eternal pattern look to another player in PVP...you won't be able to salvage it to get the Eternal Pattern back. That means you lose your item that you paid real money for (and the person that defeated you in PVP gets the eternal pattern)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.