Why are Addon-store weapons worse than NPC-sold items of the same type?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey McCormick, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The ransom is like what, 100 gold? If you can't afford that then don't use the item for PvP.

2. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Not the point. Point is spending real money with the potential of losing said real money purchase. I don't PVP, so it's a non-issue for me. But if someone, for some reason doesn't pay the ransom (disconnected, unable to log back on), they might lose their purchased item(s). Something seems a little wrong with that, IMHO.

3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I understood that store purchased items could not be lost via PVP. I have not heard of this policy changing anytime recently.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, should they make it so that applying an eternal pattern to an item automatically makes it no loot?

5. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

This is only if you salvage the store item for the pattern. Then apply that pattern to a crafted item. That crafted item will be lootable.

Unless there is some solution that keeps the pattern after use, the only other current solution is to NOT PvP with the crafted item.
    Maybe put a timer on an eternal pattern of 30 days. This will preserve the rarity of such patterns, to a degree.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1) Cuz its not P2W

2) Cuz add-on store items are "newbied" (to use the UO parlance) - they dont drop on your corpse when you die in PVP

3) Cuz add-on store items decay differently than items acquired from NPCs

4) Cuz you can take your awesome add-on store model, craft it into a pattern, and apply that pattern to any other item of the same type, and turn your NPC-item into a way cooler looking NPC item

7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I am so sick of hearing this pay to win argument. People that claim this game is pay to win simply do not understand what pay to win actually is. Can we please stop with this nonsense? This is exactly how perfectly good threads get locked down.

idaniod likes this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

For me it's a very concious decision to put an eternal pattern at risk of being lost. First you have to decide to salvage the addon store weapon/armor, second you have to decide to participate in PvP and third you need to have that pattern on you during a PvP fight.

Since the ransom system randomly selects which items are to be ransomed, I would say that you need bad luck and a quite a bit of carelessness on the part of the owner to lose the item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.