Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why do we all jump the same?

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Seems unnecessarily complicated to jump differently based on stats.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed it just seems so, very insightful. Some people like to jump high and run fast, others to take in more damage or cast powerful spells.... some people like to be explained what they already know.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Because we are equals! And jumping isn't really a terribly important feature in SOTA to warrant such attention. Have to pick our battles I think.

Quenton, Lord Barugon and Time Lord like this.
  4. Acred

Acred Avatar

I prefer to have my avatar the shortest possible. I have had trouble reaching spots through jumping that others seem to manage with ease.

This could be because of my low frame rate on "Fastest" setting, which is between 6 and 11 in Patch 440 (Does frame rate affect the jumping skill charge?).

If it is caused by my chosen length (Does length affect jump height?), or possibly because I pretty much have given up on jumping and do not practice this skill (Does it advance through use?), then I want to know - which is why I posed that question for the Postmortem.

5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Our battles ? this is the feedback forum, and some people think pvp is shallow and like to explore the great wilderness instead, and I beleive this is a good part of the population that would not chose tank/all kind of magic mumbo... some people want to be musicians and this wasn't a priority.

our battles... common...

I'm sick and tired of people trying to prevent others from giving feedback with lame excuses the devs don't even condone.

Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Curt

Curt Avatar

Think about everything as place holders they can change later if/when they get time.
    Jump animation

Time Lord and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I wonder if speed already effects jumping. Not only holding down the space bar, but also if we are sprinting or hit a speed glyph would that increase our longjump because of in game physics? Then light armored and air magic masters might have the ability to jump farther than others.

When this game has so many unique features I don't see this as being something they just let go of. It would be nice that our abilty to jump naturally is enough to get us through the game, but there might be scenios the players find later like roof top jumping to be a better assassin or cat burglar, it might be useful to jump farther than the average player, or at least have tools to make such outrageous jumps possible. Pole vaults or perhaps ninja grappling hooks to make spiderman-like pseudo-magical ninja movements across rooftops and leaps that are characteristically as mystical as the ninja of legend. Perhaps these ninja legends about making unusually fast movements and long jumps are taken from actual events but there was a tool that the actual ninja used to make those jumps but it seemed like magic or spiritually powered movements to those who survived some sort of attack at night and didn't get a clear picture (0r maybe they needed an excuse for their shogun as to why they couldn't do anything about these guys)???

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Time Lord like this.
  8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

yes it does. if i max out on speed buffs and sprint i can jump a very long distance.

9. Gix

Gix Avatar

Animation and design constraints come to mind.

Eg: If everybody could jump at different heights, then you'd have to design your environments accordingly. People who can't jump high might not get access to certain areas of the game, and those who jump higher may go in areas they're not supposed to.

It's all possible, but that doesn't make it easy for production.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Big Girls Can't Jump?~
    Has anyone else been testing new character jumping height o_O?'

I still can't get the tallest female Avatar to jump as high as others...
    this post's results remain the same... "are they some sort of optical illusion?"
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.