Why oh why devs... PvP zones and forcing people to go there, idiotic.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khaza, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I will not seek for pvp, but one day be ready to visit pvp scenes and maybe flag myself, willing to defend me and give those villains a good fight ;)
    I am not afraid loosing or sometimes teacching them a lesson, but balance and time....:rolleyes:

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I want a full time PvP arena accessible from all town with no exp lost/reg lost/everyone same level. With a NPC that accept each 2 hour and for 15 minutes, people that want to entry a tourneyment, paying a 10k fees, and winning 50%/25%/15% for first, second and third place, Lord british get the rest of the money.

Stundorn likes this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

As with some trophies (spawn of sobek), you'll also only get people's skulls from partaking in PVP as well.

Regardless, most people won't attack you unless you attack them first. I've spent four days in The Fall now and most people there won't be the aggressors. If you're looking for a trophy just PM me and we can party up.

Vrunk Hrrk, Solazur and Stundorn like this.
  4. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Maybe that has to do with the fact that people are to scared to fight you, since they know you are high level player? The ones that claim they are PvPers don't want to fight you since there is a high risk you kill them. It's more convenient to gank someone smaller. ;)

Sara Dreygon, Solazur and Stundorn like this.
  5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

LOL It's well known @Sara Dreygon is a pussycat :)

Sara Dreygon and Stundorn like this.
  6. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Even pussycats have claws. ;)

Solazur and Sara Dreygon like this.
  7. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

One thing I'd like to point out about the XP bonus for being PvP flagged - PvP players can have their XP gains interrupted by other PvPers. The more popular this game becomes the more of an issue this will be for players with their PvP flag turned on.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No i usually start fighting with the expectations to loose the fight, serious, does anyone start a fight and want to win?
    As for everything else, join a xy match allways with the aim to loose and you will always be fine and feel so sorry if you win by accident ...

Sarcasm off :p

If PvP is about to have a specific approach to the game to min max everything and as devilcult stated don't concentrate too much about shopping, exploring, socializing etc..., but use the gamemechanics and your avatar optimally using fotm skills etc...

Then it's maybe somewhat limited by itself, because i believe there are a lot of people have no problem with shardfalls beeing PvP etc...
    But if it's about to focus on PvP and nothing else this seems to be a limiting factor.
    At least for me.

And to get back to the quote, if it means to 100% loose any fight against a desired PvPer then why to start a fight or take the risk.
    It's not a risk it's a 100% chance to loose. The only chance you would have is to be not catched or not to meet any villain/PK.

Where is the PvP guild btw roleplaying the Knights of Order, protecting the weak , granting you free passage in Bloodbay ?
    Not mercenaries , but people who do it selflessly for glory and honour ???

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  9. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

And there you put it, to get the achievement of getting the desired item by yourself(read all mounted heads), they are forcing you to go where you don't feel like you belong. Ie. a PvP zone. Which in my case is killing the game... And that will in the future mean I wont be there to actually do PvP. Guess noone wins on that eh?

FrostII likes this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

If i want those heads myself as a trophy i have to craft them if i don't want to buy them.
    I hate crafting. It forces me to do something i don't want to do.
    It kills my game.
    Same string of argumentation. Ridiculous on the same level.

fonsvitae and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

These crafting comparisons are crap. Sorry to say that.
    If you don't want to craft , I for myself craft less and seriously thinking over if I just should start it seriously, then don't do it.
    You miss hardly any content or scene.
    Actually i am harvesting tons of ore to produce these wires for a Harpsichord. Already spent 2 evenings and still need more than 400 ores or around 250 and 4000 metal scraps what is a huge amount of longsword. But anyway back to topic.

I was really sad when Drakenhof was removed and i liked the idea of the Templar Guild etc...
    I am nor against PvP neither want to accuse a specific playstyle or approach to the game.
    It's just , let's find mediocre and modest ways for everybody to partake.
    It would help the game and would make it more interesting.
    But maybe it's just about time and progress over time what desired PvPers do more rush to be competetive and on top.
    But just the fact that some PvPers are actually so ridiculous strong (solo a dragon, 50-200 GM...) let me at least don't give it a try .
    Although i complain more about the need to unstack my inventory and i anyway can hardly fight the mobs in the pvp scenes.
    So why should i flag myself or visit these scenes ???

Comparison to Crafting again.
    If you do not craft then you aren't locked off of scenes that are important about the lore.
    I'm fine with PvP their, i accepted it and i accepted what consensual means in that case.
    I understand the argument , that you can buy these trophies as you as a PvPer without to want to craft buy your PvP gear either.

But again. PvP is about taking influence on other players , and not everybody wants that, but have access to all scenes and content.
    I for myself can accept that scenes are PvP only, but then please balance the system and made it possible to moderate casualgamers to be one time competetive without the need to level almost everything. It's a stupid powergaming mechanic.
    Crafting or PvE doesn't influence, involve other players directly but if then indirectly.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

No, it isn't.
    He has a very specific, PERSONAL goal. And he want's to achive this in a very specific, PERSONAL way.
    And because he can't do it the way he wants to do it he claims the game is broken.
    That IS exactly the same. And i am so darn tired of that kind of argument.
    And it's the reason i will leave this forum again for a couple of month in the hope the mindset is gone when i come back.
    Alas, i doubt it.

13. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

It does not kill your game, that is a lie. I can't really understand how people can even compare those 2 things...

FrostII likes this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

15. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Explain to me, what PvP has to do with PvE monsters. That is the main thing... :)

Once that it is stated that PvP has to do with killing a PvE monster, then I am not going to write about this topic anymore. And I am not taking a "it is to get more people to the PvP zones" as an answer.

FrostII likes this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

[Atogrim von Draken, post: 804151, member: 63727"]No, it isn't.
    He has a very specific, PERSONAL goal. And he want's to achive this in a very specific, PERSONAL way.
    And because he can't do it the way he wants to do it he claims the game is broken.
    That IS exactly the same. And i am so darn tired of that kind of argument.
    And it's the reason i will leave this forum again for a couple of month in the hope the mindset is gone when i come back.
    Alas, i doubt it.[/QUOTE]
    Ok that i agree and is
    understandable, but i doubt that will ever change.
    I was arguing the same when i began and it takes me some discussions and conversation to understand what and how (often not very well described or argumented and too much sarcasm maybe) pvpers here argue and "learn" to deal and understand.

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Nope. Other people tried to do that the last 10 pages.
    I already added up enough to this topic.
    I am out of here.
    Non the less: all the best on your trophy hunt.

18. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Guess noone can do that... So instead leaving the thread is easier. ;)

FrostII likes this.
  19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Looting isn't PvP either and we know no one wants to be forced to do that. At least not in SotA. Loot sucks here.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

You need to know they are tired to argue, because these complaints last for years and chased a huge amount of pvpers already away.
    Earl Atogrim was a desired PvP PoT Owner and in the end selled his Town because of the lack of love the devs do to pvp until. Well thats not what i think, but i understand that the pvpers complain as well as there is nothing about guild wars or claimable POI in PvP Areas and such.
    There are just a few left and most of them are calm and gave up fighting with or against people with feathers.
    But some pvpers are as they often like to be, just pk'ing and dont care much about your fun.
    I understand your points, but i also understand some points the pvpers made here. Some are good, some are less good.
    In the End we all profit from a larger playerbase and if pvpers support the development and have something that fits their playstyle like pve scenes for the pve people or the crafting system for the crafters, the housing for the decorators and socializers etc... We shouldn't send them back to hell (where they mostly come from :D) but try to find compromises.
    I have done it for myself as i described in the beginning of this discussion.
    But it lacks balancing and some consequence mechanics and Adaptions to the ransom system for me.
    Also i am just not ready to get involved with level 68 or so and i dont focus on beeing competetive in pvp, i have other priorities, but i need and will be partake one day.

The most people here, although we have not always the same opinion are nice people and worth to listen.
    I sometimes agree with @Earl Atogrim von Draken @2112Starman or @Envy @Duke Avery (edit @Gideon Thrax) @MrBlight @devilcult @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos or others who more argued for pvp, but i sometimes also disagree.
    That doesnt mean i have personal feelings about them or wouldnt play with them or fight a good fight someday.
    I somewhat feel for them, although my active pvp time is over and i just priorize on RP these days.

PvP is in some case important to the setting, lore and endgame content etc...

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  21. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I do all that as well, i'm a strong believer in being self sufficient within a game.........to be honest, I don't find it that painful..........i'm not really into it, I do it because I have to and just get on with it.

Ristra and Stundorn like this.
  22. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

You forgot to add "some are bad". :)

FrostII and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.