Why oh why devs... PvP zones and forcing people to go there, idiotic.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khaza, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

@Stundorn So what you write is that the bonus exp for flagging up is not really something that should be in since there are so few PvPers doing PvP. And those fighting for it to stay is those using it to gain MORE exp just because they can.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Just for clarification:
    I was always against this kind of incentive. It's a bad substitude for the lack of a meaningful PvP system.

Scanphor, Spoon and Stundorn like this.
  3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The bonus exp change was more like a last ditch effort to bribe the PvP only crowd into giving PvP a shot again. It worked for a short time but it was a doomed attempt.

There is a well known but rarely admitted factor popping up here. The quest for the next big PvP game. Jumping ship and running to the next hype is more important than anything.

Grass is always greener but still tastes the same.

SotA needs to work on the taste not the color.

Spoon, Vrunk Hrrk and Stundorn like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I agree , but not because of less PvPers , but because I would not need to have this "value" for PvP Grumpy argued about yesterday.
    Maybe read this

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/2-big-picture-questions.88475/#post-803126

I think he made some good points about PvP and becoming competetive .

I for myself begin to be more cautious about arguing this topic because my experience to the game changed the last week's as i begin to solo t5 scenes like Verdantis mine were I made around 100k XP in Maybe 2 or thre hours exploring it.
    I see @2112Starman Videos or read about people doing 300k XP/ hr and think if you overcome some mid levels and become stronger and such the experience playing the game changes. At least to me when i get beyond around level 65 and buyed a good staff that supports my main damage spell ice arrow. And this is not min maxing , wands would be better , other skills make more damage or are better to get more XP/ time etc...

I can imagine that one day I am level 80 to 90 things change also for PvP to me.
    But it will take some time as I said i am not seriously focussing on that.
    I focus on RP, crafting a Harpsichord atm and immersion, I won't farm Verdantis know just because I can and get decent XP.
    I fear to be to strong to enjoy other scenes and don't have a challenge anymore.

Time to PvP for me will come, there will be improvements and balancing in many aspects of the game, don't doubt it.
    It will happen, some people will disagree and get nerfed , some will be happy and sometimes the nerfs will let the before happy people cry, but the nerfed shout hurray.

Things are in a constant process. The way to be is grey , moderate , middle of everything, this is wise and my advice.
    The Seer of Gladsheim, Brotherhood of the Grey Path ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    CatherineRose and Khaza like this.
  5. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

I agree with this statement, and you know why the grass is always greener on the other side. Because it's fertilized with bullshit.

We need to fertilize our own grass...

Spoon likes this.
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

For me, who happened upon this thread by accident - coming late to the party and all..

There do seem to be a fair few pvp forced zones.. do I mind, no not necessarily, what I minded was that on my quest of love I had to enter a pvp zone to complete some part of it.. I dont want to pvp, ever.. why then do I need to go to a pvp zone when the one starting in highvale I did not? the love one is also way longer, however, sticking on point.. why do I have to enter a 5 skull pvp area to progress my "newb" quest that was given to me when I started... Im happy pvpers do their own thing, but, forcing me to do it to complete a quest that also doesnt warn you that you will need to go through pvp areas.. seems.. mean

Dantuin, FrostII and Stundorn like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

There are no quests of anything else in game that foce you into a PvP zone. Croc heads are the first thing I have heard of but those can also easily be bought on the vendor.

However, the proper response to not being able to get a croc head.... after 12 friggen pages of PvP zone complaints... is to simply ask the dev's to have sources outside a PvP zone.

Easy fix for 12 pages of wasted time.

Stundorn likes this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

There is a way around. Search the Forums Midmaer Passage i guess it was.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I know there is a midmae passage, but when I came out of it, there was no way back in it from midmaer, that I found.. so, it didnt seem I would be able to go that way round.

10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

If you open up the tomb near the beginning of the Crypt there is a ladder back down to Midmaer Passage.

StarLord and Stundorn like this.
  11. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

At least with all this, it means 1 thing. That damn sobek really attracted player into that map. ;] IT WORKED!

12. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Then stop reading and writing in this thread then, you are one of those making the thread longer then necessary.

13. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

1 time and never again... What a waste of time coding it...

Alley Oop likes this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think we can read a little bit into this.

If people want a game that specifically matches their own wants and needs and only their wants and needs then they should go make that game. Mainly because this game has specifically laid out goals and the devs are matching those goals and yes, many of those goals are not important to me or you differently... mostly because we have different brains and enjoy different things. I however, dont rail on the things that I dont like and demand they not be done. I could care less about story right now, yet I have not posted in a 12 page long thread demanding that the dev's stop making story line and complaining that they arnt doing something else I like better. I also dont rail about story line content I dont like because I dont want to do story line activities right now.

I dont say "hay, stop making the story, I like PvP better, I demand you work on PvP".

Its really that simple.

fonsvitae and Grumpy like this.
  15. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Storyline and mobs that drops mountable heads are quite different eh? And you are right, the game is getting less and less interesting. With things like this, where they have mountable heads, and yes I like to hunt them myself, which would be really nice to have concidering that there is a Trophy Room competition. And since I am not able to get those myself I will not have them. And things like that gets to me. And it is actually making me think about putting the game on ice or maybe even get rid of my items and just drop the game and walk away and forget about it. As you all know, there is a wide market with alot of other MMORPGs out there.
    And you people opposing the statement in this thread do not put any coment to this statement, because it wont matter.

FrostII likes this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

@2112Starman

For people who don't know this, btw, PvP is part of the storyline -- this is to come in part four. And we're supposed to have things like contraband quests, where if you want to carry contraband you have to open yourself to PvP. So contraband is another special item only PvPers will have.

Anyway, this is all for me up with "its not fair that I can't kill a fire dragon as easily with fire magic." I support PvPers having things that PvEers don't have if the devs think it will make the game better, and PvEers having things that PvPers don't have if the devs think it will make the game better. The game shouldn't be designed to give everyone everything they want. And nobody needs to have a head of a Spawn of Sobek to enjoy the game. But there are plenty of lore reasons why unique creatures and resources would be in Shardfalls.

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

:D

Then when he continued.

:D

He has redponded 44 times since that but he still haven't followed my advice.

So he is not interested in a resolution and instead is simply just venting some frustration through forum PvP.

To be expected during early access.

Womby, Stundorn and Fister Magee like this.
  18. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

PvPers have everything, they can just flip PvP flag off like that, and go do PvE as easily as any PvEer. Which most PvPers do as they hunt bosses in PvE zones...

Would be nice to see certain zones which can't be accessed by someone that have been PvPing within the last month. And in those zones there should be special mobs that PvPers will never encounter that drops things that most PvPer would love to have and achieved to get themself. This is what we have within the PvP zones now with the mountable heads that is only dropping there.

Alley Oop, Stundorn and FrostII like this.
  19. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

It doesn't really matter, if it had then a Dev would have responded in some way allready, they are simply not interested in solving this, they added it this way because it is the way they want it. And it do makes me thinking about dropping SotA and go on with some other game instead, and that after investing 3200 hours since persitance. Kinda sad indeed...

FrostII likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

If the devs think this will make the game better, sure. Not because "Its unfair I can't get something on my own without PvP."

Fister Magee and Grumpy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.