Why oh why devs... PvP zones and forcing people to go there, idiotic.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khaza, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Over the years it is the PvPers that has been the loudest and smallest group throughout all the MMOs I have been playing. Except in the pure PvP focused games like Lineage 2 and alike. So the question is, are the PvPers WILLING to get along?

And I agree, you don't have to be close to max level to compete in PvP, you just have to focus on getting the right skills and spells to high level, min/maxing...

Stundorn and Grumpy like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Can you or anyone give an example of being "forced" into a PvP zone for anything? I've been playing the game 17 months, adv lvl 94 and I have only stepped into a PvP zone a few times just to play around. Maybe 3 hours of my 2500 since persistence. I dont feel like Im missing anything.

3. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Just because they throw a few bones our way, this game is NEVER going to be a pvp focused game. Richard never said it would, and it is obvious that it never will be.

However, pvp is a PART of it, and it doesn't have to affect you any more than you want it to.

As to the accessible to everyone part. I'm so dang tired of this wrong perspective. EVERYTHING is accessible to EVERYONE. I can't have good gear without either making it or buying it. You can't have that mat in the pvp zone without 'risking' pvp, or buying. It's no different at all. none at all. The only difference is, i'm not campaigning for them to make high end gear available to me without me having to craft it because I don't like crafting. If I did, all of you would be complaining that I hate crafters and are trying to remove crafting from the game.

It's no different at all.

fonsvitae likes this.
  4. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

As I like to be able to get all mounted heads by myself I am forced to go to the PvP zones since that is where 2 of the heads drops, the Pristine Large Crocodile head and the head from Spawn of Sobek.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

That is a choice.

6. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

the pvp'ers are willing, and always have been willing to get along. Unfortunately, for most of the non pvp'ers, getting along means us having zero quality content, which basically means, we aren't welcome here. You can't have it both ways, you can't have our money for pledging, our money from buying you wares, and expect us to just fight among ourselves just for the sheer fun of fighting. That's not how it works.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Really? This is about trophy heads? All that fuzz because you have to own those trophy heads and you have to farm them by yourself?

Grumpy likes this.
  8. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Well, I like to get all mounted heads without having to craft them. So . . . . . . what do we do about that?

I like to fight more than 3 mobs without running out of focus . . . . .
    I like to never ever ever ever have to mine or chop any trees or skin any animals. . . . .. . . how do we fix that?

Some things, you just have to accept and move on to what really interests you.

9. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Im serious, this game is easy to get up if you willing to. Most of those people stay in town doing nothing. Trying to attract customer, decorate house, craft, talk about the sun and clouds you know. This game has many many mechanic going on, crafting, decorating, adventuring. I think this is what make people stop progressing, too many things that drive them away from the "become strong" goal. Then the dev makes update and those people that didnt do **** for a month think the update should be for them and they should accomplish everything that came out on this update. This is illogical and yet there is still many stuff they can accomplish that i cant, like crafting. You have to choose you way.

And just a side note to those that i kill around and get mad. I know im pretty strong and i do like PvP and killing people for the stress and to loot them. My goal is not to make people rage quit or break their whole day cause they died. And i wouldnt fight lower player if i knew they were noobs just to ruin their first impression game. You guys playing for a long time, you know what PvP is. You know you can loose stuff and all. Its also hard for me to tell if the guy i see in my screen is just going to attack me from the back or switch deck to a stronger so their 500 hp become 1k in a sec then kill me. Im not going to give chance to anyone i face while i have PvP flag on. You see what i did to Khaza, killed him once, then twice, until he start getting mad then i knew he wasnt here for PvP. I started to talking him and let him come in cause my goal is totally not to give them a bad experience in the game. But you never know what people can do in ur back and for that reason im watching my back. Even if you come in and say hi with happy face and all you could then turn yourself around and wait the right moment to kill me. I seen this too often as a PvPer and i know better. You should do the same. Also talking with people help. Example: You are in a pvp zone, you get killed. Instead of raging and private messaging the guy telling him his **** and how he shouldnt be born. Sent them a message telling them what you are really doing there, that you are not there to fight but just to explore or check some stuff up. Stay calm, stay happy, im sure 95% of those people that killed you will help you. This is my 2 cent.

fonsvitae, Thwip, Spoon and 4 others like this.
  10. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Zero quality content? You are kidding right? Blood Bay, The Falls, all Shardfalls, all the Ruins... Where you have to flag up to go into. You want more and more and more and more... As it is with all PvPers in SotA as it seems.

FrostII likes this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive never heard of that Sobek head, so I cant comment. But I think you can get them croc heads in other locations.

Just do what I did with the death bunny. I had the quest, got dogged by someone to go kill it so I didnt get one so I picked it up in Owls :)

But ya, I wish I could have killed it myself so I feel you on that one.

12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I also like collecting skulls........by the very nature of you refusing to enter a PvP zone you are denying me my content!!!

lol

fonsvitae, Thwip, Spoon and 7 others like this.
  13. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I was referring to what you would prefer, not what actually existed.

We would really like to get along, and have mutual respect. But it can't only flow one way. You can't possible say that the pvp vs pve scenes are anywhere close to equal and fair.

fonsvitae likes this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

lol... this one actually made me lol in RL.

15. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

All PvE zones are also PvP zones if you are flagged. All PvP zones are what they are PvP zones.

16. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

How about answer a question that many of you can't seem to answer. What percentage should be pvp? FAIR would be 50%, but what would you accept? What would be your preference? Keeping in mind, that all people are equal.

17. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Not at all, I can let you kill me to get my skull. Just come duel me. ;)

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah. We are evil. The only reason we exist is to spoil your fun.
    Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Ransom/insuranerrrwhateverit'scalled is the great denier.

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

100% is open PvP, just sayin.

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.