Why oh why devs... PvP zones and forcing people to go there, idiotic.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khaza, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

If he would only been after the PvP he would have given up the items instead of looting it. My death I didn't care about, it is more about what he did after.
    But hey, that is the way the game is built and it does make LESS people PvP. And I guess that is not what they really wanted. :)
    We did have a chat afterwards and he was not rude or anything, but claiming he didn't know who I was was just retarded. Since we have been talking when he has been to Ordinis Mortis shopping. ;)

2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I hear where you are coming from and share some of your concerns. But it's crazy how some people on the forums would argue that PvP gets no love. I have even read people's comments that the Devs are just "ignoring the PvP community".

Khaza likes this.
  3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

No, I don't think so. They got this massive benefit (for a few releases it was a total of 25% XP bonus, now it's 15%, with 10% going to being in the multiplayer game mode). Giving it to them only in PvP zones would not do anything discernable.

4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Single-player offline is the way to go I think.

5. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

How so?

Do you mean to tell us that you planned to be a pvp participant until this one episode has now turned you off to pvp forever?

I don't think it's fair to count yourself as 'less' people, i don't think you were ever really in the count in the first place.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Interesting that you think people are scared.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Lets face it DoD scares you all.........i'm quite sure the fear is all in your mind though..........or is it? :p

8. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

I have never said I wouldn't do PvP, but as it is right now I can't call it PvP. And on the part where there are less people willing to do whatever we should call it, gankers paradise, is the loss and cost from dying from PvPers(read gankers). That is what makes people less interested in visiting PvP zones.

9. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I'm just basing it on the history of human nature. In general, when people cry the loudest about something, they are either scared or jealous. Take your pick.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Quiet possibly true. Not sure if that's for PvP reasons though :p

Stundorn and Grumpy like this.
  11. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

There will always be ganking, just a fact of life. Walk down the street here in South Houston after dark and see what happens. I guarantee you that it won't be 'factions' . . . ..

The devs can/will add more structure to the pvp in time, but i'm also very certain that most of you will complain about it when they do.

12. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I don't think there are enough PvP scenes...

Vox Aquila, Fister Magee and Grumpy like this.
  13. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Let's switch the word "scared", at least in my case, to "so inconvenienced?"

I had this plan in December 2016 to get myself ready for PvP. While I had a good chunk of gold, I figured dying 10 times a night and having to pay 2K in gold each time was just stupid. I would lose hours of hard work (even at 5K an hour earn rate) for limited "fun time". So I thought, well, I'll just make a lot of PvP gear. I didn't want to use non-PvP gear because there were no bonuses (to my way of thinking), and felt that basic epic cotton gear with some "+" to it would a) help me level up crafting and b) give me something to work with in terms of some better than non-PvP bonuses.

Then I started looking at tips to make it less painful.

Small bag with 500 arrows unstacked - painfully hard to do but fun in Blood Bay when I gave up about 10 arrows one night.

Small bag with 100 Maple Wands. Check. And I got carpentry leveled a bit. :)

Unstack all reagents into at least stacks of 5. Check.

Unstack all recall scrolls. Check.

Unstack all potions. Check.

Ugh. This was when I gave up on the idea. Too much to do to prepare for what will turn out to be 5-10 minutes of fun.

I haven't given up on the plan. It's just that it's not fun. And I'd rather at least pretend I am having fun. :)

Thwip, Spoon, Stundorn and 5 others like this.
  14. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

So what is it that makes you jealous or scared atm?

15. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Just do it. Don't worry about un-stacking etc,. just go and do it and learn and have fun. Just set aside the gold and let it go. It's just the cost of education. My cost of learning masterwork far far far far exceeds the cost of learning pvp. You'll only die 10 times a night for a while, then it will be 8, then 5, then 3, then see . . . . . you are learning.

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
  16. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Good question.

Honestly, the only thing that scares me about this game, is the fact that too many people want to remove the one part of it that truly drives me to play. I have a long history with Ultima and UO, and would love to continue it here. It scares and saddens me that so many people here have so little understanding and willingness to compromise.

Jealous? nothing, i earn my own way and have learned contentment.

fonsvitae and Stundorn like this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

15-20 years ago I'd agree, probably was making the same comments back then

In the current market people know if they want PvP or not. Maybe, scared to PvP when not at max level might fit, maybe.

18. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

And yet you do exactly what you wrote was the history of human nature... "when people cry the loudest about something, they are either scared or jealous". :)

19. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Being max level has soooooo little to do with it. You will never be 'max' level, and even if you were, the other guy who is also 'max' level will have 2 years pvp experience on you. That experience will 'almost' always win.

Well yes, I admitted that I was scared that the people who care the least about pvp were going to entice the developers to ruin this game for me. Nothing wrong with admitting that. I never have, nor ever will say that I am somehow a superior faultless human being.

We can indeed get along and share this game, the only real question, is the same one that has been from the beginning, are the non-pvp'ers WILLING to do so. Threads like this one make it pretty dang clear that they aren't.

So of course, we get loud, obnoxious, and belligerent in rightful defense of our right to be here as the game was also promised to be designed for us too. I agree we are poor communicators, a lot of successful people are.

fonsvitae and technipuffin like this.
  20. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

I am scared...

Scared that they will make it way to hard for new players to get started without getting help.
    Scared that they will focus more and more into forcing people to go to PvP zones and get ganked, just because they add content to those zones which should be accessible for everyone.
    Scared that I will get to bored to play.
    Etc.
    Etc.

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.