Worthwhile Dungeon loot

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by WyldeChild404, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Several years ago doesn't mean "at the beginning".
    Several years ago could be, 5 years, 4 years, 3 years or 2 years.

I didn't mention Diablo anywhere.
    Loottables like in Diablo would be a nightmare, please not.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

It was mentioned in a post after yours.

several years is at least 2 years. the game's only been playable for 4 years, and it's only really been feature complete for a few months.

Seems like longer to us backers, for sure.

majoria70 and GrayFog like this.
  3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

ah doh, true, just saw it, sorry :D

majoria70 likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well most of them do need attention. When they were building this game they put in barebone systems like cooking was supposed to have a lot of unique features to it and fishing we have only three types of fish and no bait except worms and taming has been promised to have upgrades and agriculture never got completely finished either. Fishing was promised for over 2 years to get an update and kept getting pushed because they needed to update the water.

So those who haven't been here all along only see these systems as they are thinking that's all that they were intended to be or will ever be and perhaps not realizing they are just the bare-bones. We were told it was so they could get everything in. And they insisted they'd come back to them later when the last 20 percent came in. Well it is later now and none of these systems are fully implemented at this point.

So we are off topic and truly I feel dungeon building can be a valuable and interesting and fun thing for this game.

I agree we need fun things for the game. The more the better. I want dungeon building to be awesome as much as I want the fishing update to be awesome. I want treasure hunting to be awesome and a fully featured system when it comes in. I do not want an either or situation.

Someone has to fight this. We want full featured systems in this game. It is going to be our virtual world. If I go fishing in game it should be awesome too. This game deserves that kind of attention to detail and not haphazard all over the place without finishing things.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Chris did say in his video that the focus was on performance and bug fixes first. And this is just a big new feature for Ep 2 content which was also somthing they promised. And we're getting an improved fishing engine, it's in the next release.

I would also like to see them fix some problems. I would like immortality fruit to actually work properly. I would like the cabinet of virtues to open up like it used to. I would like the Geisterseelen vase that I explicitly did the quest for in R54 to actually be placable ( I expected this to be fixed in a patch, instead 8 weeks later and 2 releases later it's still broken ). Edelmann birdbaths don't have birds for the last 12 releases. I'd like my health not to dip every time I get in a scene.

But we have to realize priorities......They added brewing (broken, but they added it), they upgraded the graphics so the game doesn't look awful, something should have been done for R52 when they got the player base spike that they lost......they've been fixing things, and the R56 list is rather impressive.

So as long as that continues and these things that are broken get fixed eventually, I think we need to understand that - we are lucky to have the game. There is still the possibility we don't have anything in a couple years with the player base we have - Something I blame on the open development process.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Gorthyn and majoria70 like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think that perhaps even having things like the bounty slip guys offering a random quest for a boss with an item reward which happens every week or month even would be great, or quest chains to bring back a dragon head, a troll rib etc which can be exchanged for items that you trade up with various quest npc's to build items. This has been done before in other games where you have a item that upgrades .... wait a minute.. they are doing something like this in the future they said based on kills with a weapons to give it properties... But I think quests with rewards would be another idea all together even if it only returns a new pattern that is unique.

7. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Well, first they need to do something about drops period. There is little difference between the amount of gold/items dropped from level 5+ creatures and level 1. The only difference is the kinds of supply bags. Big woop. Last week we did sieges for a change of pace as we hadn't in a while. No difference. 25gold and one reagent. We killed several and only one had a hood. Soon as we get one place that is decent to hunt. Oh no! It's too good. Let's Nerf it to hell and back. It's as if we are not allowed to have decent end content places to hunt. Why should I level up other characters if I don't have decent places where with a balanced group we can hunt with my main. Not die constantly, get decent xp and some loot? Would be even better if we had more than one place to do this for variety. But NO. Not allowed. I don't mind the occasional death if there is enough xp to make up for it plus still leave with a gain in xp for development, with enough loot to break even. Evidently, this is not allowed. Starting to get tired of this.

8. WyldeChild404

WyldeChild404 Avatar

As Lockey and many others have said, there really is no reason to hunt for loot, as there is rarely, and I mean "rarely" anything worthwhile to loot. Not worth killing bosses, not worth doing dungeons, or any of those things more than once, just to say you did it. Once questing is over, again quoting an earlier post, you don't have to revisit 95% of the game. And as far as wanting player made gear to be the best, that's fine, but the economy in this game is already severely broken, and prices are continuing to skyrocket, with no real way for the average player to make enough money to purchase said gear without buying gold from the farmers. Then, the more gold, the worse the economy, and so on. It happens with almost every single game out there, and this one seems to be heading in that direction as well. With no obvious reason to hunt, no great treasures to find, no bosses with loot worth taking, and player made items (which everyone can make btw if they put in the time), are continuing to increase in price due to nothing other than in-game greed, then this game will continue to lose its base. Those that have been around since the early days, and those that have donated with the hopes that this game will be great, will stick it out, and the rest will come and go into the night when something better comes around. But as with most MMO's out there, they devs stop listening, stop paying attention, voices go unheard, and the gamers stop playing. I plan on sticking with it with hopes they will pay attention, as I feel this really has the makings of a great game, but hopefully, things will start to change in a positive way.

Gorthyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.