Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Yule Stocking cant hang on Fireplace

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Cassandra Corax, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    11/11/2016 4:35 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16341
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1985
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.415.Date.11.10.16
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Wisteria Lane
    Area Display Name: Wisteria Lane
    Loc: (12.8, 38.0, -123.5)
    I was trying to hang my crafted yule stocking on my fireplace but it shows up red, the only place I can place the stocking is on the wall. Also I found that you can hang the stocking on exterior walls which is nice if this is by design

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

No,...sadly the whole "hanging on the wall" thing you're experiencing is a bug, because the attribute got set to "Wall" instead of "Floor" which allows it to attach to horizontal house surfaces that have the right deco surface on it....

Don't worry, it's getting fixed now, and they'll all be back to working as I designed them before you know it...

Scottie ^_^

Alley Oop and Cassandra Corax like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Sorry Scottie, completely unrelated. Just curious.

Its interesting that it is a single attribute that controls that. Is it possible to set an item to work on both the wall and floor?

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nope. :) Not easily anyway. Or else we'd have set that up for spiders a long time ago. ;)

5. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

Attenwood is totally correct about this... But believe me,...that hasn't stopped multiple people from bringing this up again and again even internally... The issues are a combination of rotation functionality plus planned usage, and the problem with trying to create a code base that would, essentially, be trying to give the player the power to dynamically set the flags that we currently have to set, by hand, for every deco object we create... The code is robust enough to handle us making the decision to let an object be one OR the other (thus being constrained to a hard-coded set of rotational pivot limitations created to keep the item from breaking the game in some way), but NOT one AND the other... We wouldn't mind having that functionality ourselves, but if the time it might take to give us that functionality internally is something we can't consider spending right now, you can imagine how much more time would have to be spent to make that process safe for players to essentially set in-game, and have it be a seamless, painless process (which it's not currently, even for us behind the scenes)....

Alas!

Scottie ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.