Necromancer stuff

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Lady Zita, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Zita

Lady Zita Avatar

I just joined recently. Would luv it if someone could help me get up to speed on Necromancer stuff in this game or what's planned. Thx & hugs.

2. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

stil very bare boned so far.

[​IMG]
    so far that is wat we got .

3. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Don't forget about Combo's: (See the last one)

Combo Ideas: Some very early concepts of combos.
    • Flame Jet = Flame Fist + Flame Arrow: Cone of flame that lasts X seconds, hits multiple targets
    • Fire Tornado = Gust + Ring of Fire: large AoE fire tornado that moves and pulls targets into it
    • Mudslide = Douse + Earthquake: Slowly expanding AoE that stuns and slows and damages
    • Vinewall = Root + Stone Wall: Stone wall that roots nearby targets
    • Exploding Dead = Animate Dead + Corpse Explosion: Creates Zombie from corpse that explodes when hit or when expires

4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Welcome to the jungle (and to the necromancers world)!

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Ahhh, another necromancer to the mix! This is indeed fortunate for the plans of the dark one to reap death and destruction to all! Muhahahah, muhahahahahah!

6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Since when does cannibalism and necromancy relate to one another? :confused:

Anyway, I'm really hoping those skill trees branch out a lot more over time.

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, there might be a cannibalism / body part collecting and crafting element.

There are a lot of people that don't want to see that tho

9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I can only speak for myself, I cannot speak for "a lot of people" but I really do like the idea and hope it is considered :)

10. Robby

Robby Avatar

That skill tree is perfect. Its short, sweet, and simple. Want to be a necromancer? You'll have to do more than just add to death magic. You gotta make a name for yourself among the land as a necromancer somehow. Got to do something crazy like raid a town with an army of zombies and skeletons.
    THATS how you be a necromancer. Its how you interact with the game and the story. You could add all to sun magic and be a "necromancer" theoritically.

This is ideally how I hope the game plays out anyway....
    As far as I know that is how it works. Your skills are just built based on what you do. You dont start a new character and choose "blacksmith" or "tinker". Its all based on what you do in the game and how you interact with others, the world, and NPC's.

Perhaps summoning an undead army will not involve any generic spell or skill that a character can build or add points to. It will have to do with the character's choices and paths they take in the game. You might come to a crossroads at some point where you are dungeon crawling and your given the oppurtunity to add some undead NPC followers to your team(perhaps there only available to you on single player online or they prevent you from forming party with players) because you choose to feed them the flesh of a human so they offer to join you. Then you finish out the dungeon with your new team member which may be a zombie or skeleton. Then you quest to more advanced dungeons and you hear from the townspeople things about a skeletal mage that wants a special jewel that powers the city so that it can become more powerful. The town wants you to kill the skeletal mage so he stops raiding the town. Instead of being a good avatar and slaying this skeleton you make friends with the mayor of the village and convince him you need to borrow the jewel for a bit. While its in your hands you crawl thru the dungeon and hand it over to the skeletal mage! Then the MAGE joins your "army". (Now theres another idea, maybe we have NPC armies that we can use for raids but they dont neccessarily travel with us everywhere..). Keep getting more advanced you can recruit liches, lich lords, and skeletal dragons and YOU will be their commander. And perhaps you will even get to change your hair and skin to be more corpse like and white haired in appearance(purely cosmetic). THAT is what will make someone a "Necromancer". Not any generic skill tree.

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I wonder what a necromancer would traditionally eat? I bet its not salad! Muhahahahaha

12. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

traditionally it woud be the souls of your enemies.
    that might be a good idee for the game.
    thy are discussing/considering adding some slight xp/skill gain/stamina regen bonus if your character is well fed/waterd and a penalty if your hungry/starving .
    a necromancer shoud get the same bonus from using death touch/ray/field ( those hit point transfer skils ).
    if your hungry/starving just go out and drain the lifeforce of some rabbits or a dragon ( or anything in between we are not picky ).

13. Mata

Mata Avatar

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

or from manflesh! muhahaha!

15. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Ahh I would so love to play a Necromancer/cannibal :D

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I like your style Sir Robby!

17. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I'm sure many Necromancers have a diverse omnivore-style appetite, much like any regular joe.

However, eating one's workforce might not be that particularly advantageous over the long run. ;)

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

that is why we must hunt! (pvp) muhahaha!

19. Robby

Robby Avatar

I guess theres no reason why a necromancer couldn't choose to be a vegetarian. Necromancy is all about the study and magic and dead things and stuff. Every necromancer is his or her own person with their own "tastes". Perhaps one necromancer sits in crypt all day studying up on undead magic and eating carrots, spinach, nuts and seeds because those are his favorite foods and hes not a fan of consuming meat or dairy. Not that hes trying to be ethical or anything....
    Some necromancers may even be lawful good non-shady characters. Perhaps they study the dead and hang around in the crypt all day for good reasons. They study undead and all because... knowledge is good for us all. Some noble paladin army may want to recruit a seasoned necromancer(of lawful good alignment) on their team to better combat the armies of the undead by taking advantage of the good necromancer's knowledge.
    Of course, I mostly see even a lawful good necromancer being a controversial, somewhat spooky character that the general public would tend to avoid because of what he does for a living, and his introverted personality and the skeletal armour he wears(maybe he doesn't wear it, but since diablo 2 came out this has always been the look for the necromancer in the back of my mind. Pale, white haired, wearing bone armour)

20. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

As a necromancer myself, i would add two spells:

1-. Corpse seal: a spell that seal a target corpse into an infernal dimension (max 5/10 corpses)
    2-. Corpse invocation: a spell that invoke a sealed corpse on the target spot.

And modify this:
    1-. Corpse explotion: Spell that makes the target corpse to explode, summoned undead/zombie could be targeted too.

Maybe a book of necromancy could magically store sealed corpses with charges. Should be equiped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.