1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think you still have to have a lot deed to claim in a POT, even though the owner is reserving a spot for you. where are people going to get these keep and castle deeds?

2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

No, you are only limited by the size of the POT and the total square footage of plots it will support. The main problem is to claim a Keep/Castle plot, you must own a Keep/Castle Deed. There are very few people with those level of deeds. The only way to acquire those deeds is through pledging Duke+ or buying the deed in-game from someone who pledged Duke+.

3. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

just the size of the POT..

Koldar likes this.
  4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Nm upgraded to a higher pledge heh.

5. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

well there is the fact that there are a finite number of Lord of the Manors and Dukes :)
    you cant simply buy the castle or keep lots, they are pledge reward only, not in game gold purchase..
    even if you have a POT, you still have to have the lots in order to place the houses.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I actually think this system seems very fair and balanced (unlike Fox News) :p. Of course I upgraded my pledge a bit to get a higher ranking in the draft, so...that kinda helps.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  7. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

I wasn't really thinking of there being many wandering keep or castle owners around looking for greener pastures. Was thinking someone with a small house might like a big lot! But I am beginning to think that it is not possible for a two story row houses (example) to be placed on a castle/keep size lot?

8. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

It's certainly possible to place a 2 story stone row house on a village/town plot, and I have seen a citizen village home inside a LOTM keep, so I don't see why it would not be possible.

Duke Raas, Tahru and Koldar like this.
  9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I don't think it is possible, they are designed to be a part of a large building with 0 clearance to next building. Maybe in the future

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Siriustar is right. You can put smaller homes on bigger lots. The problem is you have to have a deed to be bigger or equal to the size of the lot. The distinction is the deed goes with the lot, the house is just a decoration.

11. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I think the plan is a good fair way, but the only problem I see is the current timeline suggested would take almost 6 weeks to complete the selection process instead of 2. I suppose the hours need to be adjusted to make it work within the 2 weeks timeline, but the selection process with tiers and eras seems fair. I'm not seeing why LoTM, Dukes, and Barons couldn't all go at about the same time or within a few hours apart with era though. It's not like either one of them can take a spot from the others pledge since they're lots are unique and separate, and no one from the lower tiers can take a spot from them either.

Shiva2 and Tahru like this.
  12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

You do have a really good point there.

13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Not exactly true. The higher pledge could opt to pick a smaller lot. A LotM could choose to run and get some city spot because it has great visibility. Surely the LotM should have priority over a Baron to place the best spot.

Now if I were LotM I would just take the castle lot but other LotMs might not think like I do, and that's ok too.

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  14. Sanders

Sanders Avatar

Can someone tell me which towns have lots. I am a Citizen pledge. I have been going town to town no luck

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This is just an alpha release so the lot selection process in which you are posting have nothing in common.
    Now don't give up yet lots are coming out all the time right now since they are only held for 7 days unless renewed. And it's been seven days since the R14 release so I see lots dropping every here and there.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r14-available-lots.20307/

16. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

There is one reason. A deed can be used to claim any smaller lot. So in theory, a LotM could choose ANY lot with their castle deed. If the top tiers went together, LOTM's who might want a keep or city lot would have to fight the Dukes and Barons. The current system allows LOTM's the freedom to choose any lot, even though I doubt whether any one of them would choose a smaller lot.

17. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Gotcha, I didn't think of that. I suppose I just figured you'd have to be nuts if you spent that much and went for something a of lesser value heh.

Hopefully, they can readjust the time line down a bit to get it to the 2 weeks they'd like instead of 6 weeks it would take to do it in the current example.

Vyrin and Tahru like this.
  18. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well lesser value is subjective.

Keep and castle lots seem to be placed as far away from the entry of an area as possible. So, while they might be bigger they tend to be inconvenient to get to or come from after using /home. Not to mention if you are using your personal vendor people would have to travel the extra distance to get to your vendor just to find them.

So, if you're a duke or LOTM who just wants their privacy then the current setup is great. But if you want foot traffic for sales or whatever then a smaller better located spot would be more to your liking.

19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Very good points

Shiva2, Vyrin and Tahru like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.