1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SPOILER: Virtue Quest Reward status

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I did the quest and enjoyed it immensly and I do not see that having cool quests to allow people to have a reason to play this game and thus help support the game is anything but to our benefit. I am not upset about the decision of course but I do want as much funding as we can possibly get. We have a wonderful game being created here and interesting quests or whatever that has people support the game is what is important, not that my experience will be ruined. The word spoiler is all over the place for those that don't want it to be spoiled for them.:)

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Persoanlly I feel that this should be a non-issue from everyone. This is still a pre-release product and things like this happen. They are trying to give us things to do so that we feel that it's a meaningful experience when we play a game that isn't finished. They walk a fine line between proceeding with meaningful development time and time put into activities for us to do. Sometimes they flip the wrong switch, it happens. To continue to harp on them for making a mistake, well no one is perfect.

Duke Olahorand, rob2, smack and 10 others like this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Relieved to hear this. Thought it was odd these were account bound considering it was a story related quest. And that you can get both statues (assuming they mean something)

4. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I like your style Baron Drocis.

5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Surprised the role-playing aspects weren't enough to satisfy you. ;)

6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It is a great quest, i wait for more like it.

7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I did it on my own and I enjoyed it - especially the NPC dialogs about virtues and their personal involvement with them.

I'll love to do the quest again after every wipe, but I'd prefer if the locations were shuffled AND subtle hints added wrt where to look.

The chaos statue alone is worth the effort for me.

Thanks DS for owning it up.

Sorry if any miscommunication happened, I hope you corrected that and put procedures in place to prevent it from happening again.

smack and SeleneNoctua like this.
  8. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Hmm...I would have liked more dialogue with the student Gina before she handed me the Chaos statue :( (It would have been nice to know WHY she broke away from the others and chose to follow the path of Chaos o_O) Perhaps I should have visited her first before meeting with the other three students in Ardoris?

9. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

I have an idea here: Why not create an easy to create unique "Certificate of Royal Screw-up: The Book Quest" collectors item and gift it to everyone who will get his book quest reward item deleted now? :)

Might also work for future screw-ups that impact more than, say, 1000 players in some sort of permanent loot way. And one day those screw up certificates might become insanely valuable because someone might want to collect them all ;-)

10. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

My suggestion is we just let it go, and not demand stuff.

11. smack

smack Avatar

Welcome to Pre-Alpha / Early Access, everyone! :rolleyes:

Somewhere, very close, the laugh that wasn't laughter.

Curator Kvow [MGT] and Abydos like this.
  12. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

C'mon guys. This is pre-alpha. We all know what that means. To make demands for more rares, tied to accounts, is kind of stretching it.

13. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

lol, some of yall really need to reread that 'under construction ' disclaimer, i did this quest like 6 times, to help some others, I'm not mad and I don't understand why others are, greed i guess, or just an unwillingness to read disclaimers?

"you didn't read it!"

Duke Gréagóir and Dewderonomy like this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Despite doing the quest 7 times, the only thing that has irritated me a little is that I've done something that I would have normally have waited until the launch of the game...... The only reason I did the quest now was due to the impression it was an unadvertised quest with what could turn out to be rare items. It's not the items, it's the fact I have unknowingly spoilt an aspect of the game that I would have normally waited until launch.

Ice Queen, Net and Moonshadow like this.
  15. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

this here is a legitimate complaint but i don't see how one spoiled quest is going to ruin things once the game goes live, i also hope these quests become more difficult once its live as well, this one wasn't all that hard to figure out, i found the sword in the stone to be a far greater sense of accomplishment(pre mad hermit video mind you)

Caliya likes this.
  16. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Statue-gate! Who would have guessed? :)

I was excited to see a new account reward, but I think it was obvious (when you saw people with a hundred of them circling their house) that this quest was broken or at least not what was intended.

smack likes this.
  17. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

An error can not create rights ...

Keep up the good work Portalarium...

We are here to develop and help and not demand on error ... sorry comunity, but it is now ridiculous ...

Im out :D

Ellrynn, smack and Umbrae like this.
  18. Net

Net Avatar

Where? You could only get each once per acount. I had to get a lot of donations to fill in the maze. Besides even if some people were able to get statue multipel times, it was linked in account only once.

19. smack

smack Avatar

Working as designed. The game enticed you into doing something you wouldn't normally have done. Isn't that what Richard has been proclaiming all along as part of this game's story and virtues? How'd you all like that release-specific Hat reward in a forced PvP zone to lure PvE into them? :D

C'mon Lum and Richard! You can one-up this and just put the final quest in the game now with an immortality ring as the reward. Let's see who spoils their entire game for it! :p

But seriously, I too was surprised that a potentially main storyline quest has been revealed so far in advance of launch. I thought these were going to be held back. I did not intend on doing any of those, but yeah I did see the quest reward on forum screenshots. I really thought all the quests in the game now are minor or throw-away just to test mechanics.

Wow, that's a bit concerning regarding quest mechanics along with internal logic and consistency in the quest itself given what's been said about it (I haven't done it). Sure, I guess the mechanics need to be tested, but against an actual main storyline quest this early?

20. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Nope, I have both and you could collect as many books as you wanted and turn them in repetively. Which is why it was obviously broken to me. There was a player house in Ardoris that used them alternating as a fense. It was close to where the students were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.