This Flag System is disincentivizing PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xail, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I understood that is why I put in the small checks if they are getting hit by a PvE players AoE spells . . .
    Did you read the lower part of just that line :-(

And yes my penalty might seem harsh but . . . .

Tahru likes this.
  2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I thought players that are unflagged have to use single target spells to target PvP flagged players to initiate combat? Pretty sure AoE's aren't part of the equation until the PvP flag gets triggered.

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The more common scenario is when a player has their hands full with multiple mobs and then the flagged player gets in the middle and starts kill stealing. The unflagged player is so busy button mashing they target the flagged player not even realizing he is there.

Note that it is completely reasonable for a PvP player to do this because they want to PvP after all. I don't consider it greifing.

margaritte likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If that is so then there is a problem - the statement about unintended attacks could NOT be happening, but even so a weapons swing can hit more than one target so if a PvE player and a PvP player are side by side hitting one target they are overlapping onto each other so, I would need that point clarified.

Again if it is not happening the incidental PvP is a hoax.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

That is Ok but if they are jumping into a fight and getting hit for the sole purpose of instigating a fight then they are griefing, and exploiting a mechanic to draw Players into a fight. And since that mechaninc is there it needs to have a way to be dealt with.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is slightly off topic, but it is not worth making a thread for since it will never happen.

I think it would be cool if everyone was flagged while performing a gathering action. I get so riled up when people steal the resource node while I am clearing the surrounding mobs. That's when I want to PvP the most.

Weins201 likes this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

hehehe

Tahru likes this.
  8. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Just so everyone is clear.. this doesn't work. As a pvp flagged player I can walk through your immolation all day and not take 1 damage, nor flag you. From my experience it has to be a direct attack made to you in order for them to flag AND they have to hit the I understand this is a criminal act button that pops up just to make that direct attack happen.

Lord Andernut, Ancev and margaritte like this.
  9. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Simple fix here is if you are the pve person, keep your PVP warnings on in the options. then you cant attack that person without clicking ok.

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Interesting, do we get a warning during an open engagement? I am assuming, this is not a PvP scene so no warnings upon entering. If we get warnings we have to physically check when engaging from PvE to PvP by attacking a flagged user, then I withdraw my case.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Then there is NO problem with accidently getting hit so over 50% of his whole topic is MOOT.

The only issue left is getting whacked by a PvE without warning :-(

12. Womby

Womby Avatar

This is why I usually stay in SPO when adventuring.
    If the devs want more people playing multiplayer then they'll have to address the situations they have deliberately created that allow people to be tricked into flagging PVP:
    - PVP flagged players attempting to get in the way of PVE combat <-- @Insinious FizzleThorpe has correctly pointed out that pop-up confirmation is required, so this point is not valid.
    - PVE players not being given the opportunity to quit a guild if the guild master unexpectedly accepts a declaration of guild warfare

The way I see it, the first of those can only be fixed by reversing the decision to allow PVE players to attack PVP players. The second is easily fixed with a pop-up that says:
    "Your guild is about to flag you PVP. Do you wish to continue your membership?"

These changes won't be made because there is either:
    - a genuine belief that if you trick someone who doesn't like PVP into flagging for PVP, they are suddenly going to like PVP and start doing it voluntarily, or
    - a desire to feed a steady trickle of "sheep" into the maws of PVP players

Probably the latter. I cannot find words* to describe what I think of that.

* that won't get me banned

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  13. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Not even possible Womby and the rest I agree with.

14. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Only way for the pve to flag is to click ok on the conformation box that says this will action will flag you for pvp are you sure.

15. Xail

Xail Avatar

Yes now you know why I don't flag better than me....and there are also other people that do PVP but don't flag that will tell to you the same reasoning....but wait we are all lying and you know better...lol...

What's your name in game? You talk like you know a lot about PVP...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    blaquerogue likes this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

heres how i will kill you and not be flagged...............
    Scenario "you and someone else are in a pvp match, your HP are low, low enough for me to attack you i instantly attack you out of the blue and now you are dead! I win in one or two attacks, There's definitely a problem there! but i will do it if i despise you enough or just want to take advantage of your PVP flag!

17. Womby

Womby Avatar

What do you mean by "flagged". Flagged for PVP?
    If you are not flagged for PVP and you attempt to attack someone who is, then you will see a warning message. If you agree with the message you are automatically flagged for PVP, and your attack can proceed.
    Regarding the scenario you described, others attending the PVP match are free to turn on you, and you will remain flagged for PVP until you leave the scene.

Personally I don't think people who are not flagged PVP should be able to engage in PVP combat, but that is something for the PVP community to work out with Portalarium.

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok like 2 flagged people (pvp) im not flagged, but i see them fighting, one of the guys gets low on health i attack him (agreed to you will be flagged note) and kill him, i understand others can turn on me but i just killed that guy. Im with you people that are not flagged should not be able to participate in PVP period. that was just a scenario if i wasnt flagged. I feel if you want to participate in PVP then you should go flag for it, there should be no option of attacking anyone unless you are already flagged PVP.

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This is a perfect usage of the moral system.

When 2 people are flagged PvP. It shouldn't carry a negative impact with the moral system. Those people flagged open PvP because they want to PvP. But when someone is not flagged and attacks someone that is flagged then that's an unprovoked attack.

It should carry a strong negative hit on the moral system.

20. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

Have you ever wondered what you will be doing during those long periods of time between episodes? Do you really think you'll want to grind PvE for the months or possibly years between Episode 1 and 2?

It should be that there is a more permissive PvP, with a strong moral system as Ristra points out to dish out the consequences. I don't know who the enemy is in this story, but there should also be the ability to support the bad guys if that takes your fancy, or even any one of a number of factions, which itself would help drive meaningful PvP. People can be protected and there can exist meaningful PvP as well. Not sure that convoluted status switches is the answer.

Fister Magee and blaquerogue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.