Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New movement/targeting system !

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Spinok, Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you like the new movement/targeting system

1. yes

2. no

3. undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Agreed many new/young players who play Shroud for the first time won't have much problem with this new system. Change is hard for some and I definitely see where a lot of the more established players don't like this system.

While it still needs some work, so far I find it more enjoyable and think it will only make the gameplay better in the long term

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

You can make the reticle vanish. Look under options , video tab then you will be able to find the reticle strength slider. Move it to the left and then it vanishes. I set it to see it slightly.
    On first impression i like the new camera / reticle system. It feels good. But let me play a few hours to have a final statement :)

bwtdozer likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It doesn't take an hour or three to see firsthand the changes.
    I hate the changes.
    I will continue to attempt to adapt, but I'm not holding my breath........

Leostemplar, Aimend, Xandra7 and 7 others like this.
  4. Noric

Noric Avatar

I played around a bit with this build(or close) on QA yesterday. As a melee player on live, i had no issues using archery. I don't know about the experience of pure mages,, and honestly a lot of the out-of-combat aspects need polish but i actually thought it felt a lot easier than i expected.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

A lot ?
    Did I miss a Portalarium poll ?

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Good going to do this, the targeting system is too quirky for me, not as good as ESO .... and i turned the slider for the axis almost to zilch ..... very hard keeping target , maybe reticle needs to be bigger or sizable ... as an archer, i turned off forced targeting, till they improve on it ... I loved it in ESO, so hoping they get it close to that ...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Ice Queen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Possibly, there are a lot! :p We could use more of course! ;)

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You know as well as I do that Port did not "poll" the player base before making these changes.
    You said a lot of us wanted these combat changes and I'm simply wondering who that "lot of players" were - when I don't remember a huge outcry from the pledge base asking for these changes.....

Xandra7, Roper Docholiday and Leelu like this.
  9. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

In a nutshell, it is here to stay. It's new, it's weird for some, and almost impossible for others. Bland statements of "I don't like it" just wont cut it. Constructive feedback is the key. In the R29 Feedback forum I will create a post for just that purpose. Lets use that to voice what we want to see changed with it.

helm, Athanil and Fister Magee like this.
  10. smack

smack Avatar

I'm still undecided but I'm eager to test this out for more extended periods to provide better feedback on the many tweaks needed to make it feel logical, consistent and polished. The new system still has a long ways to go to feel right.

Fister Magee likes this.
  11. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I love the new targeting system... just wanted to get that out there.

Some things have to be fixed, like the delay in charging attacks and the overland map still having to hold down Right-Click, but overall... really nice! Good work Devs!

12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I love the new targeting system... just wanted to get that out there.

Some things have to be fixed, like the delay in charging attacks and the overland map still having to hold down Right-Click, but overall... really nice! Good work Devs!

13. agra

agra Avatar

Well I'm glad agile development and guiding the game are both alive and well. ;)
    There is no indication auto attack is currently active/attacking. That's broken, straight up. How's that for constructive?

Moiseyev Trueden and FrostII like this.
  14. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

There is an huge issue with the new targeting system.

Imagine you play a "Healer" role, how are you supposed to exactly heal your wished target in an messy battle or even in PVP?
    Or if you want to heal yourself, as soon someone walks/runs in front of you within the healing range, you gonna heal him instead of yourself...

15. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I've played a few different games that used something similar to this. I understand the UI and am able to control my character with it and do whatever I'm trying to do. I just don't like it and never have. I find it very annoying.

I like change when the changes is something I view as an improvement. If they put the stats window back in I wouldn't be thinking "Oh mannnn. I'm just so used to using the /stats command and scrolling through a huge blob of text. I'll just keep doing that."

16. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It just occured to me that new system is more similar to how the controls seemed to work in the original prototype.

I like that. Now if we could get a click to move control system for the overland map as well as roaming encounters, animals, flying birds there too, as well as a great looking dialogue window we would get really close to the original vision. That would be great!

majoria70 and Fister Magee like this.
  17. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

18. Nystyl

Nystyl Avatar

I dislike the new movement, and I have always Disliked the Perma-mouse look/movement. give me an option for that. as it is now this is a waste of any money I have spent I can't play this way.

19. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

So if the more established players leave it is ok? Sounds like EA to me that was what they said about UO.

20. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

I voted no simply because I want the choice to choose my preference. I want to be able to choose "classic" or "new" combat targeting system (whatever we name it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.