Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Engraved tools now trump my Prosperity tools, What!!!

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SmokerKGB, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Haha not a lawyer, and I'm kind of annoyed with the changes to them myself. But I bought them for being indestructible, and with their current weight I won't melt them down. I'm sure they will have their uses once everything is straightened out with the engravings.

EMPstrike and agra like this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

What if someone is not interested in the vanity items available and bought these because they felt it was a good investment into their game quality? These items were sold with a description that said they would be useful beyond just unbreakable. It was reinforced by team members that they would be at least minorly enchantable/enhanceable "Sorry you don't like it, here buy something else you may or may not want with your credits or take a risk that these might not be what we promised but good enough to keep them" seems shifty.

3. Net

Net Avatar

I really hope you will try to implement a way for us to melt items that are in our bank. Sure it could be limited, but tools may not be as good as people thought (especially with new insanely long gathering times). Expensive decorations may be too large to fit on the lot. I got used to ability to melt items before wipes, but I am concerned that the game will continue to change (and it should) but if there are changes I want to be able to adapt to them. Otherwise the add-on store might look too risky to be used.

Duke Olahorand, Jynx, Aldo and 3 others like this.
  4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I think you've got that somewhat backwards. If overall game balance needs to be considered first, then it needs to be considered before making the items available for purchase. Selling us stuff and then considering game balance is not considering game balance first.

Luca Xante, Budner, Aldo and 7 others like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That assumes that the game will ever be in a state where changes are not required. That would mean they couldn't sell anything, ever. While some people might say "great I hate cash shops" this misses the very large point that no game sells itself as never being changed in the future ever. The ask here is something that contradicts itself by default.

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

Exactly! And it's not like there was a vague description which was later clarified, and it was all a misunderstanding. How these tools would work was reinforced by the team over the length of time they have been for sale.

7. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

If they're going to repeatedly make stuff we've bought in the cash shop less valuable than what they sold it for then they won't sell anything ever. There's a balance to be had, reserving the right to change things we've bought at any time is not that balance.

8. Drocis the Devious

It has to be the balance. You can't balance what you can't change.

If we can't trust Portalarium to balance the game by making needed changes in the spirit of what was sold, then we have much larger problems. I trust them to make good decisions based on real needs.

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Game balance is always on-going, that never ends, especially in an MMORPG. We can't predict every case in advance and then say "we're done", that would be a disservice to the entire community.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

To bad nothing in the store was ever said to be the ultimate items.

Your Pledge Armor, your Weapons, your crafting tables and your tools . . . . They have stated over and over these items are not the best nor are they going to be the best. Oh and there is no need to enhance them but possibly make it so you can choose the bonus (meticulous , speed , skill) that would be nice but once chosen locked, just like picking the table out of a list you can pick the property, then deal with it.

They do not break be happy about it you can do everything forever and not have to worry about them breaking, that is the best thing, oh wait they also have some bonus, AWSOME.

There is basically only one item that has ultimate value with your pledge - Tax Free Deeds . . everything else is a nice item to have and you can play the game successfully with them FOREVER.

People need to just . . . . . . .

Net likes this.
  11. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

If "These unique, indestructible tools increases the quality and quantity of items produced when used. While tools with similar effects can be crafted and purchased in the game these tools never need repair." can be rewritten and called game balancing whats to keep Portalarium from saying tax-free deeds really mean something else - sorry... game balance and all that.

It's fair to assume a reasonable expectation based on what was paid for.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Um the crafted tools break ????? Bought ones last forever ?????

Fister Magee and Net like this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

I agree with you. However, the "reasonable expectation" is a little different for each person in this thread. I haven't heard a consensus of what equates to "reasonable" yet. I've heard a lot of "don't make changes" and "engraved tools are so much better".

14. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

"You will continue to pay no tax, however all deeds will now be subject to a weekly maintenance fee. This is for reasons of game balance."

15. Net

Net Avatar

I really understand that point, but how are people supposed to make purchases when they are supposed to take the possibility of future changes into account when making the decission. If things change people should have ability to change their mind about items they bought too.

16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We do take into account that an item is purchased, has been pledged, etc. Every day we have important meetings on these points. I've seen this in just the week I've been here. Know that when we make decisions like this, it's never on a whim... we take into account as many options as possible.

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am curious but what changes have been made to prosperity tools that everyone is whining about. DO not take Berek's comment about balance into account I want to know exactly what has changed on prosperity tools?

And if you are going to whine about meticulous collection changed to another property both are same 3% increase, don't bother, that is pointless.

Nothing has changed on the tools from what you bought from their description in the store.

Only thing people are all upset about is crafted items can be better - as it has always been stated.

And Berek you need to seriously looks at what you said because changing the base description in the excuse of balance can not be allowed. (Look how players are already twisting the Tax free deed . . . . .) But the minor, yes minor, tweak made to prosperity tools did not lessen their value at all, nor change what was said, that they would have a bonus and be indestructible.

It is just a few squeaky wheels trying to get more changes made, because they feel jilted.

18. Magos

Magos Avatar

If they change considerably then people are not unreasonable to expect a cash refund, not just melt them down for store credit.

We're spending thousands of dollars here. We want the game to be balanced BUT we don't want things we've paid a lot of money for to change from the description you use when selling them.

Leelu, SeleneNoctua and Ice Queen like this.
  19. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

And what Net is asking for here is the opportunity for us to make a similar decision. If Portalarium makes a decision that changes the value of something that's been sold, then we should have the opportunity to give that item back. This is not a right now problem, the "melt it down if you feel like it" solution is no good because there's only going to be one more chance for that to happen, this is problem that will have an impact on the add-on store after final wipe.

They used to give a gathering/crafting time bonus and success chance bonus.

I've not seen anyone say they're upset about this, of course I may have skimmed a few posts. People are not upset because crafted stuff is better, they're upset by how much better the crafted stuff is.

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Oh and now they give what? 3% increase in meticulous collection for the Pickaxe and others for toher tools, not a major change at all TY for proving my point, MINOR.

I guess the comment - "Engraved tools now trump my Propserity tools - WHAT???" is not saying upset directly - but????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.