Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Engraved tools now trump my Prosperity tools, What!!!

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SmokerKGB, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Panic Breaks Wands!.

2. agra

agra Avatar

As others have said, if there was a disclaimer at the time of purchase, or even now was such a disclaimer, or ever has been such a disclaimer on any cash shop in any game ever? Maybe it would be a reasonable plea.
    No early access, beta, pre-alpha, or even production game has ever had the NEED to put that on their cash shop purchases because... wait for it.. they have never changed those items after the players bought them.
    OR (yes, of course, there's an OR)
    They offered a full refund if they did change them, like any good customer-service focused company must.

Aldo, Leelu and Noric like this.
  3. Noric

Noric Avatar

I think there is some hyperbole in this post... But i agree with the principles behind it. Nonrefundable, subject to change, gameplay altering RMT items were a bad idea. When i bought my prosperity tools, there was nothing else i wanted in the shop that an exchange would have been useful for.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

It is FACT that these tools were described as being toward the higher end of all tools in the game, and indestructible. This clear from both the language in the add-on store, as well as further confirmations and clarifications from the devs.
    It is FACT that some of us bought the Prosperty Tools based on the add-on store descriptions and further assurances from the devs.
    Bonuses are now clearly in question and based on available data appear to render the tools less powerful than promised. This may be due to legitimate balance issues.
    If the devs think the Prosperity Tools need to be nerfed for balancing reasons, so be it. We have to trust their judgment and wisdom since they have the most holistic view of the game being developed and after all, are actual game designers.:)
    If in fact the Prosperity Tools will be nerfed, then 1) we need to know before the next wipe the extent of such nerfing, and 2) purchasers of Prosperity Tools should be given the choice of redeeming for credit OR full refund. Both for reasons of general fairness as well as preserving the credibility of add-on store descriptions and confidence that future purchases will be as advertised.

Indestructability does not appear to be in question. Let's remove that from the discussion.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

No auto refund since I bought mine at discounted price. Option to convert to store credit is good.

agra likes this.
  6. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

As has already been stated, we can't 'always trade them back', we have exactly one single opportunity to trade them back come July.

Jaxtron, Leelu, Aldo and 3 others like this.
  7. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

You know if Port said in order to balance the Prosperity tools we're going to have to make them 'BREAKABLE' I'm sure that would be something that would cause an uproar so if something like that would cause such an uproar... Portalarium would just changed gears and chose the least impactful decision as to best balance the crafting tools and if only the Prosperity tools loose 'some' of the description all the better for Portalarium position in crafting tool balance. If the people who truly care as to the original Prosperity tool description then they should hold Port accountable as to "that's why they bought the Prosperity tools in the first place." And that was why I bought all of the tools when they first appeared. Will I convert them to credits? Probably not but I'll have to counter balance the benefit I lost with future purchases somehow? There is hope that all will be worked out is a manner that is equitable, one can only hope...

8. agra

agra Avatar

Then they would be pretty much the same as in-game NPC-bought tools. :) Anyone I know that bought them, bought them because they were unbreakable.
    Having said that, I'm happy to give mine back to Portalarium in exchange for a full refund, for the good of the game.

Aldo and Leelu like this.
  9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Correct, this has always been the main reason for obtaining these to begin with, the benefit of them being indestructible.

Weins201 likes this.
  10. agra

agra Avatar

Berek, from your responses on this topic thus far, I'm getting the very strong impression that the Prosperity Tools:
    • Are never going to be engrave-able
    • Are never going to be enchant-able
    • Are never going to be upgrade-able
    • Are never going to be "close to the best tools in the game" objectively
    Would that be a fair summary in your opinion, as things stand today, through Final Wipe, and onward to Launch?

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok I said I was staying away but has to come back to show how minor the change that has people all up in arms is about.

So here is the Mortar an Pestle Look it has 3% Alchemy Critical Success and will never break, you can get the same properties with a little more on an engraverd toll that breaks pretty quick . . . .
    [​IMG]

Now here is a Harvesting tool and the Skinning knife of Pros has 3% meticulous collection and never break and of course you can engrave and get same property + but it breaks fast . . . . . . .
    [​IMG]

So you have a property on your tools that is the same as one of the engravings kits but will never break

Of course there is still some tweaking that should be done, and I still would like to see the properties selectable on creation, but . . .

the major difference is the prosp tool never break , enjoy them forever.

And now I am done.

Berek, from your responses on this topic thus far, I'm getting the very strong impression that the Prosperity Tools:
    • Are never going to be engrave-able
    • Are never going to be enchant-able
    • Are never going to be upgrade-able
    • Are never going to be "close to the best tools in the game" objectively
    Would that be a fair summary in your opinion, as things stand today, through Final Wipe, and onward to Launch?

YEAH, nail on the head the way it should be

12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

No, all I said here is that the primary benefit of the tools is that they are indestructible.

13. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

He's already said they would answer that after the team meeting on Friday.
    Lets give the feller a break and beat a different dead horse for awhile.

Jynx, Berek, Noric and 1 other person like this.
  14. agra

agra Avatar

I'm aware. I'm trying to get someone from Portalarium to commit to the current reality, so I can make an informed decision regarding melting down these cash shop items.

Are my impressions accurate? If they're not, what are your impressions and opinions on each of those bullet points?

Friday, eh? Ok, I'm patient. :)

Ice Queen, Leelu and Aldo like this.
  15. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I was going to avoid posting here and just ‘like’ the posts I saw, but something has been bugging me and now I know what it is after reading all of Berek's replies… So for weeks now Port (Darkstarr in particular) has been pointing out how they have to honor the wording they gave to early backers for the land rush and prevent multiple lots from being placed in POT’s during the land rush even though that would have no real impact other than some vague wording about being first… but for some reason this issue of the wording for Prosperity tools is the flip side… they don’t see the need to live up to what they sold and can change things on the fly … So for some reason it's not ok to change one promise... but it is another? I don't get it.

Duke Olahorand, Womby, agra and 9 others like this.
  16. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Artisan tools are indestructible too. They came with pledges. If we are going to hang our hat on indestructible, then people who bought the prosperity tools having already a set of artisan tools should qualify for the refund. Prosperity itself carries a connotation exceeding artisan IMO.

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea im not happy with the tools situation. Ill just melt them down and buy row houses at least there is real value there. What is it $190 for a set.

This is the one thing I do feel burned on.

Duke Olahorand, Womby, Olddog and 5 others like this.
  18. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Please stop trying to tell me what the main reason was I bought the tools. This thread is evidence that your statement is not true - the tools are still indestructible and yet a bunch of people are complaining.

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I totaly feel taken advantage of on these the price is amazing and pretty much now thier a half step above junk.

Your backers trusted you on these that they would have value and be worth thier time and money. I request you stand behind your backers on these.

Otherwise they shoulda been priced at $2 a tool tops.

And when I bought them they improved quality and were indstructable.

VERBAGE: @Berek

This unique, indestructible fishing pole increases your chance to catch fish, the quality of the fish caught and the speed they are caught. While fishing poles with similar effects can be crafted and purchased in the game, this particular fishing pole never needs repair.

1. Increased chance 2. Improved quality 3. And the speed 4. Never needs repair.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Duke Olahorand, Aldo and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

It's a minor change if all you care about is meticulous collection, if you don't care about meticulous collection it's a change where 50% of the things you paid for are gone. The only worse thing would be if the bonus was survey distance, never understood the point of that skill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.