1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 34 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Shields are much more viable in this release thanks to 1-handed weapon damage going up. Also, with the new reactive skill type I plan on adding a "block reaction" type skill similar to the Opportunity Strike.

I have not heard of any Linux issues so far. MacOSX seemed to get about a 10% slow down in performance which we're expecting to be addressed soon and Linux might have also suffered that same issue.

As for the earlier person complaining about Torpor being a defensive skill, it isn't. The defense last for 8 seconds of cast time, during which you can do nothing else, no movement, no attacking, no casting, no spell use, and can't cancel it. Then the defense ends and you get a heal.

2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Also, I just looked and the description for Torpor was wrong. It is NOT an armor spell. Here is how the description should read:
    Torpor: Earth heal spell. Freezes the player in place for 8 seconds while wrapping them in a ball of roots that protects them. After 8 seconds the player emerges healed and stronger!

NRaas, StevieD, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  3. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

So is it still just physical attacks that wont affect someone in the Torpor stance?

4. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

There is so much I need and want from the cosmetics and add ons to support Flash Quest scenes.

Patch-wise we'll see but I support most of the changes. These are all moving the game in the right direction, and will be clearer for us to comment on in a few hours.

5. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

I'm still not sure why earth is getting any love like this at all. It makes plenty of sense sun and moon are. Earth is already really freakin' good with all the strength/health buffs and the resists in it. Not to mention how much damage stone fist (reg free), obsidian arrow (reg free) and earthquake do combined with all those strength buffs.

Also, I still think ice field should work like a stun and have a stun duration on it. With the focus changes hitting ice field with a focus increase really makes it hard to justify for how little it helps. I usually find myself running to the monsters so I can kill them, not trying to keep them further away.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Spawn increase rate? You have to be kidding, mobs already respawn too fast. I clear an area and can't get the resources gathered before respawn as it was. WTH?!?

Lord Baldrith and Chatele like this.
  7. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

some areas this was needed i could run around and clear one of my 4 skull farming areas and have to make another half circuit before some would start to respawn...

but on the other hand some areas i would be ninja spawned on while harvesting something right after killing something...

balancing is a hard job :)

8. Curt

Curt Avatar

Hmm my vision how ice field could be that works only if monsters uses focus to.
    A area filled with a field of ice for a while That if you walk over it requires quite a bit of focus (try self to walk over a slippery field of ice you has to concentrate or you slip)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I understand. But they really need to hold off, I don't mind death but they really need to think about solo'ers once in a while. I mean archers and mages dragging you into more mobs so you can get quickly overwhelmed is bad enough, now I can't get a full gathering without having to start fighting again.

I guess this game really doesn't want pure crafters.

Lord Baldrith and Fister Magee like this.
  10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I would say give it a try after the server is back up. If the spawn is too fast, just post on the feedback forum with the specific details on the areas that you find them to be too fast. So that the dev can adjust them accordingly.

Most of the adventure zones I've been to are getting a very low respawn rate the moment we have 3-4 people who know what they're doing and it's at the point where we would have to take turns to kill anything.

11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

So many great things about this release, I couldnt possibly praise it all. Thanks so much Port!

Also very glad to know what the heck the "?" and "!" hats represent now! ;-)

12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Is the oracle bonus for the POT retroactive or is the bonus given only if the Oracle building was placed in the town UPON r34?

13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The oracle 500g daily is a Test query - so you talk to the Oracle and she asks you how you think you are doing on one of the paths and if you answer correctly you get 500g and the timer starts ticking for 24h until you can repeat the process. (You can ask how you are doing in the three paths before taking the test - at which point you know what to answer).

So nothing retroactive about it. Just that placing the Confirmatory enables visitors and residents to do that daily in your POT.

14. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Oh good thank you Spoon. I was hoping is is like that.

15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Agree with the un-nerf the health/power regen, is a game breaker for me....

16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

That part that said ... spell glyph animations were getting in the way of field of view of some players ... all spell animations except for summons are removed...

Sad those cool glyphs have to go although I understand why they would make that decision. However since they still have these animations is it possible to at least get the glyph to appear over the head of an enemy targeted by a spell that roots, mesmerizes or stuns the opponent? Even if their vision is a little blocked so what they are mesmerized or magically stunned. Or whatever. Hate to see some of these cool animations go to waste. Maybe there will be some use in the future.

EDIT: Although it does look good this way in R34.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  17. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

The bone armors was a huge positive surprise for me. Thank you!

18. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Seems like they are saying it works like this:
    [​IMG]
    So a cumulative distribution function of some kind.

More information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_distribution

Not the classic exponential function that looks like this:
    [​IMG]

V/R Brickbat "Nobody really needs calculus in real life."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  19. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I feel you, my issue with not having it, is that people already think combat looks boring enough already as it is. So here's hoping the new effects are nice!

20. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I LOVE THE DIRECTION TAKEN WITH DRAGON ARMOR WELL DONE,BIG BIG KUDOS TO THE DEVS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.