R36 is coming and you only have a few days to prepare!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

That would be realistic.
    I know they said they might wipe quest progress aswell. but not skills.

(wiping the Crafting book for release, is an awesome idea )

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  2. meadmoon

meadmoon Avatar

I really don't see how you can make the crafting economy "reset" to something positive unless you wipe recipes from all players.

Please consider this.

As for the repair changes. FINALLY!!! :)

Net, MrBlight and Jivalax Azon like this.
  3. meadmoon

meadmoon Avatar

We should have a wipe, but it won't happen. The main reason? Since the game has gone live, people have been buying rare items that are now owned by their character, but at the account level are still owned by the seller. Can you imagine the screaming after a wipe when those difficult to acquire items revert back to the original owner?

4. mass

mass Avatar

Yeah, I should have said 'craft recipe book'.

5. ship2

ship2 Avatar

I'm still hoping someone from the dev team is going to jump in and confirm this is actually the case, and save a lot of crafters a couple of days of grief.

K1000 likes this.
  6. ship2

ship2 Avatar

<crickets>

/e runs off to the nearest crafting house to start pounding them out

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

An inventory wipe would be the kiss of death and bring lawsuits. Port has already approved of RMT transactions and frankly the current 'economy' (if you can call it that) is mostly an RMT economy and probably hundreds of thousands (if not in the couple million or so) of dollars have been spent between players redistributing pledge rewards and lottery deeds.

A skill wipe would also be a reason for many of us to quit. Regardless of whether or not you think it's good for the game to do it, the implicit agreement between Port and those of us who have been playing since R33 is that we play through the growing pains to give feedback and provide data for them to mine and we get a head start. To go back on that promise is unethical. And if it happens we'll make our opinions heard outside these forums.

Dariog, LoneStranger and Hornpipe like this.
  8. mass

mass Avatar

Yep, put everything else on hold. Liquidating all materials to learn as many recipes as possible. Feels like a 'don't hate the player, hate the game' moment (not the actual game, more like...well you know).

Gregg247 and ship2 like this.
  9. ship2

ship2 Avatar

Actually I was happily chipping away at crafting, mining low level areas and salvaging rusty stuff. I didn't expect to hit armor for weeks. Now I'm taking shortcuts buying mats via pp to learn as many recipes as I can.

It's not how I wanted to progress in the game but oh well, would rather minimize the added difficulty of acquiring recipes.

10. mass

mass Avatar

Same here. I'd been planning a crafting run, so for once, I'm actually kinda prepared for this change. I do see a wood chopping marathon in my future though.

Sucks to be someone crafting at release. It'll take them more hours to make the same progress as we will have made.

11. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Just the fact that folks are preparing for the change, taking this time before patch to learn as many recipes as possible, is a warning signal that very few like this new change other then those who have already learned most of what they think they will need.

cobran and lollie like this.
  12. mass

mass Avatar

I actually like the change. I hate the implementation of the change. It's simply bad form to give a select number of people the easy way and tell everyone else, 'Nope, you've got to do it the hard way'.

13. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Agree with you, as long as it does not end up being just another grind.

mass likes this.
  14. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Another great video @Lace! thank you.

I have a doubt. How the game recognize if you have learned a recipe from a recipe paper or not? right now I see the same message "you have already learned this recipe" for both cases after I bought a few recipes. Is safe if we use the recipe papers now before r36 changes (if we are looking to be able to teach them later) ?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  15. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I've been specializing in carpentry, and anyone who says there aren't enough things to craft in this game haven't bothered to go through the carpentry list and write every one of them down, and then gone farming for pine and maple trees in order to actually make one of each! Yikes! I've already decided to skip on the weapons section of carpentry and just focus on furniture/housing items, as I've already de-forested several locations along the Perennial Coast. (I guess that means that "specialization" is going to work when it comes to crafting in the future?)

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And my unpopular statement comes in......................................no one should be GM'd at this point in the game. Tada ;) It should take forever with being GM not the only thrill to be had in the game. This is silly. There should be so much more.

Kambrius and Bow Vale like this.
  17. Lace

Lace Avatar

We are already paying through the nose for the recipes because of all the variations in ingots bindings, poles, timbers etc. I am sure your pay through the nose comment is directed at me in my video being very frank that if it takes me an hour to teach you some recipes through a cumbersome interface, I am going to expect to be tipped something for my time, unless it is at one of my crafting events which I said the first one we will test this out and see how it goes no cost etc. I also said some guilds may be doing this on their own. So I don't think you can say new players are going to have to pay through the nose because we just don't really know and I did say this. We have to wait and see.

Not to take a negative tone, but anytime something is changed we get the WIPE WIPE WIPE contingency sounding off saying unfair advantage. Early access in any game is an advantage period, and most companies try to roll back exploits if they are game wide impacting, this was not an exploit it is a system change during early access. Saying new players are going to have to pay old players is irresponsible because you cannot know that and I for one would ensure that is not true provided there is a good UI to make this possible. Since you point out that the strong and powerful will overcome the wipe quickly, am I to infer that it is your intent to hurt the non-powerful that cannot overcome quickly? Why?

18. Net

Net Avatar

I am prety sure that devs decided to change the recipe thingy to prevent players learning all the recipies easily, so grinding and filling the recipe book now seems to go against the intended change. I wonder how much I will be punished again, for not exploiting broken and unfinished state of the game:/

19. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

And yet it is the only thing this game has actually provided.

Xandra7 and Fister Magee like this.
  20. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Those it doesn't affect talk about how it needs to be harder and harder. Those of us who don't exploit continue to be beaten upon by extreme knee-jerk reactions by the dev team listening to those already PAST the bottle necks they are now trying to create.

They've already put in a buffer that they won't do it unless the really really need to (that has always been an understood possibility, even if highly unlikely). Regardless of if they did it or not, the P2W rants outside these forums grow louder and more accurate. So complaints slamming the game currently are already there, and becoming louder based on decisions like these. Unfortunately, anyone with any kind of common sense knew this was going to happen when they decided to go persistence with no solid combat mechanics or economy in place.

Nothing that they are doing now is likely to actually help the player economy because they are not addressing what is actually wrong with it. When it isn't cost effective to produce things and then you bottle neck the production, all you do is drive up the price further out of the range of those of us who are casual players. When no one can afford to buy anything, nothing gets sold.

Appreciate the heads up @Lace and always love your videos. 8^)

Xandra7 and ship2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.