Making Some Gold

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Larawyn Skjaldmaer, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

So, I'm ambling along hunting in the level 1 areas ... I need to buy some better armor to hunt in the level 2 ...

But getting gold is a very slow if not impossible task at this time. Most of what I can kill/skin barely covers the cost of arrows.

I keep expecting to be able to process some of the hides, meat, cotton, fish, etc into a higher level item that would make more money then the scavenged item, but so far all my testing has resulted in that taking gold not increasing.

On the off chance I've missed something, such as oh yeah spinning all that cotton really makes sense when its at level blah ... let me know.

Mac2, Mata, Alexander and 4 others like this.
  2. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Welcome!
    There are a few ways to earn a few coin along the way.
    Check in daily at the Orcale, and take the test. Correct answer rewards 500g/Xp daily.
    Check with the in town cryers, they usually need some one to foot mail from 1 town to the other, which rewards come coin.
    instead of trying to take raw materials to weave into a profit, save them and craft yourself some new gear, a lot of possibilities on different outcomes using various materials.
    Also talk to npc's in town and ask them " Job?" or " Can I help you?"
    Friend me in game, and I can take you hunting to help boost your income if your interested in that .

Same name In game.

Good Luck!

Mac2, Mata, craftymethod and 9 others like this.
  3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

are you only hunting animals for skinning etc? I recommend you kill mobs, good start depedning on where you are is the skeletons/zombies at solice bride over by the NPC elf. Easy to kill and you can get decent exp for starting off/sell the swords they drop for decent change.

Mac2, Mata, firesparx and 4 others like this.
  4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

At lower levels, it is quote slow in making gold (it does get better, however). Are you talking to the Oracle for your daily reward? If you tell her you are ready for your "test" and answer correctly, you will get 500 gold every day. If you answer incorrectly, you will get nothing, so prior to taking the test, ask the Oracle about each of the different virtues so she can tell you how she feels you are doing with them.

The materials you are gathering can also be sold to other players on the Public Vendor (assuming you don't have your own). However, it does cost you a little bit of gold to post items. In order to help you out, I can make you some armor in trade for animal hides (quantity doesn't matter, whatever you have is sufficient). Just contact me in-game :)

Mac2, Mata, firesparx and 5 others like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes crafting does take gold and selling to NPC@s is not profitable in 99% of cases, wolf hats being the odd one i know about. If i was yourself i would just kill mobs and loot them and sell what you get. When i stated a stayed hunting in North Valeway i think for a month or so killing skeletons there and selling it all to the blacksmith in Owls head, who pays better prices, he's at the top in the courtyard.

As said above, the Oracle is a great way to earn 500 gold a day!

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Oh, that reminds me, there are also mail quests you can get from Town Criers that will net you some gold. Also, be sure to talk to the Town Crier in every town you visit, as they will give you 100 gold just for talking to them :)

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Welcome back, @Lara of Grimmwold ! I used to spend a lot time in Grimmwold back in the day. Love that shard! I actually found out about SotA from you.

Feel free to PM if you need help in-game as well.

Mac2, Mata, Baene Thorrstad and 5 others like this.
  8. Lace

Lace Avatar

You said cost of arrows.... Make sure you aren't auto firing arrows. Check you settings by hitting escape, go to the game tab and near the bottom Make sure the Use Free Attack is checked so that when you want to fire an arrow you can Power it up, instead of just flinging them at the target.

Mac2, Schlock, Mata and 7 others like this.
  9. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Thank you all!

My Character name is Leofwynn BlueTooth :) I'll read thru these and give them a try.

I am up near Veritas, south east of Norgard as that is where our town is.

10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

East Perennial Trail (near Ardoris) is a good lower-level spot with some skeletons and resources. Loot the corpses and sell the armor/weapons.

Don't craft to make money especially early on.

Also, you get 100 gold for visiting the town crier in any town (good only for the first visit).

Use this as a guide to help you decide where to hunt.

Mac2, Mata, firesparx and 6 others like this.
  11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Soltown Catacombs is a good place to get game gold. Clear all the bandits and skeletons, get their weapons and sell them to Annika then do it again and again and again. ^^.

Mac2, Mata, Kambrius and 6 others like this.
  12. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Some towns have better sell prices like Soltown, Brittany Estates and Etceter when selling loot.

Mac2, Mata, majoria70 and 5 others like this.
  13. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

West Veiled Swamp has a good amount of undead in the center of the scene.

Mata, majoria70 and Elgarion like this.
  14. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Alright! Progress being made.

The most helpful clue goes to @Korim Rackham for the "kill mobs, not animals" and the second goes to @Insinious FizzleThorpe for the Oracle suggestion!

Thank you to everyone for the helpful hints, I'm still working on how to play without auto fire ... that is more of a challenge. But I'm working on it.

Also I got some armor, thanks to Nirantae and her ever full bank of Lord Marshal.

Joy and Fellowship to All,
    Leofwynn of Ironhall

Mac2, Mata, Korim Rackham and 5 others like this.
  15. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game Lara :)

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Lara of Grimmwold. I am Majoria in game if I can ever be of assistance to you let me know. I would be happy to help and try to answer any questions you have or direct you to someone who may know if I don't ;) *cheers*

Mac2, Mata and Larawyn Skjaldmaer like this.
  17. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

When you do the daily oracle confession for 500g if you take the time to go thru all the dialog you cannot get the answer wrong. Ask him to tell you of your status of each of the 3 virtues and he will tell you that do or do not follow that virtue. Remember the answers then type in "test". Viola, 500gp which I believe is 6000 arrows...a day :)

Mac2, Mata and Womby like this.
  18. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

If you want a fellow newbie to adventure with message me in game, Baratan Faenthand

19. ship2

ship2 Avatar

I'm still kinda new too (~2 months now) one thing that made a huge difference is getting strength and heavy lifting up, so you can carry more loot to sell. Also a good guild will help by way of letting you tag along in hunts for xp and gathering drops. Most seem very open to new players.

Oh and make your own arrows. Easy and cheap :)

Mac2 and Mata like this.
  20. ship2

ship2 Avatar

"t" toggles auto attack

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.