1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

OK, I just received my "Claim your SeedInvest Investor Perks" email. Since one of the perks is game access, I was planning on creating a new account to claim these rewards on so I have another account to play on (perhaps for a friend or family member). However, I want to give all of the "golden" items to Daxxe.

@Berek - Can you please find out if the "golden" items in the first tier will be tradable to another account once I claim them in-game (and also if the emotes will be teachable or not)?

Solazur and Rentier like this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are unable to split perks unfortunately. They must remain on one account.

Newly created accounts will be receiving Game Access, we just have to tie the perk (both Game Access and any lot deeds) to your accounts yet. This has lagged behind the other confirmations, but it will be added. Please standby on this being completed.

Time Lord, Rentier and Tazar like this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Berek, I'm not asking you guys to split rewards between accounts. I just want to know if the items that I receive in-game will be tradeable to my other accounts? And will the emotes that I get on the claimed account be teachable or not?

Time Lord, Solazur and Tahru like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Emotes didn't say they were teachable - but the others that you claim in-game are tradeable.

Time Lord, Rentier and Berek like this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Thanks Lord Andernut. The SeedInvest page did not say whether the other items were tradeable or not either... yet, you say they are. Did a Dev confirm this somewhere?

Since @Berek "liked" your post, are we to assume that this is an official confirmation that what you said is true?

I'm not trying to be a PITA... I just want to have all my facts confirmed before I decide which account to claim this stuff on.

If the emotes will not be treadeable, then I will have to decide whether I want to have an extra account for someone to play on, or have the emotes on my main account.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Berek

Yes, Confirmed that emotes are teachable!

Also, you will be able to trade the gold items after acquiring them.

We are still working on getting all of these to show up on your SeedInvest linked accounts. Please allow us some time to complete the process, and for the other perks, to award them in R46 and R47.

We're also going to start a SeedInvest Perks Q&A in the forums here to help consolidate these questions for all investors. Please standby on that.

7. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Either way, we can't use our accounts to bot on (not that anyone does that sort of thing) because @Atos will lay the smackdown on our whole family Seedinvest/devplus or not!

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Thank you Sir! I sincerely appreciate you checking into that for me and I'm sure others will benefit from the official response.

Also, I think a SeedInvest - Q&A forum is a fantastic idea!

9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Ok, I have created a new account to link to the SI investment rewards. I'll wait for the game access, etc. to be fixed before claiming my rewards via the email.

I'd rather not get a partial set of rewards and then have to have Portalarium Support sort it out later. They have plenty of other stuff to do already. @Berek if you could just let us know here or in an announcement somewhere when the game access perk should be available to claim, that would be appreciated.

Berek, Solazur and Rentier like this.
  10. Berek

Sure thing, you got it!

Time Lord, Hornpipe and Rentier like this.
  11. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Hi everyone! We're drafting up a SeedInvest Perks FAQ right now. We gathered up some common questions and concerns and will be posting answers shortly. Keep your eyes peeled!

12. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Thanks Serafina!

3devious and Rentier like this.
  13. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

14. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Are they Gold? There were Silver LB Rewards given out as rewards for his Birthday Bash Teleton... Those have been delivered... The Golden Seed Invest Perks have not yet been distributed. I just checked.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Time Lord, Solazur and Rentier like this.
  16. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I'm glad things are getting sorted out and, I hope something has been learned from the experience. I think this time the cart ("claim your perks") got in front of the horse (web page with FAQ)

@Serafina I do have a question;

If we're using this on a new account is it possible to upgrade the basic access to a bundle? I hate the idea of having to buy a bundle, which ofc has acct access on an acct that already has access.

oh also. I'd like to see the totals and, how it broke down. In other words.. how many of each lvl package were sold?

17. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

[QUOTE="Solazur, post: 875273, member: 162091,,,
    @Serafina I do have a question;

If we're using this on a new account is it possible to upgrade the basic access to a bundle? I hate the idea of having to buy a bundle, which ofc has acct access on an acct that already has access.

,,,[/QUOTE]
    I can answer that with yes the game access we get (i already got) is upgradeable to bundles - I tried till payment but reclined because i wait for a discount on the bundles.... ;)

Serafina and Solazur like this.
  18. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Hi Serafina! Question for your FAQ... One of the perks is "Game Access". Without really thinking about it, I connected the whole thing to my main account that already had game access. However, what I was really hoping was to get game access on a new account. I was somehow thinking that we'd receive a code or something to apply to an account. Looking back at the perks list, it appears "game access" is connected to the $500 tier bundle. Am I to understand then that to get the game access perk, we should create a new account using the email address that we used for SeedInvest and then claim the rewards? Too late for me if that's true. Or will this be a giftable account item that we can send to another account? (Or ???)

Engineer

19. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

What he says, I consolidated my investments on an existing account but want to be able to use the game access on another account

Solazur likes this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I would assume the game access follows the same rules as on bundles. Each of the bundles has this disclaimer on it:
    @Serafina The bolded part should probably also be added to the FAQ page.

Solazur, Rentier and Datendrache like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.