Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Reconsider Tax Reduction See Details Inside

Discussion in 'Release 55 QA Feedback Forum' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Great news:
    • Row Lot Property Tax Reduction: We have always stated that we would analyze gold earning rates and balance our property tax rates against those. Based on the current average earn rate for gold we have decided to halve the current property tax rates on taxed Row Lot deeds.

Spinok, Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
  2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Until Trump started to go all crazy and i stopped to be customer with all things USA i think I was an substantial customer paying more than traditional an mmo costs per month.

3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

There is a difference between crowd funding an game and receiving extras and special items in game (mostly of cosmetic nature) and getting upset that taxes are lowered "so the taxfree lots are worth less because even in game gp are $.
    I have seen how toxic the in game currency for $ was in EQ already, with farmers and whatnot.
    Lucky Sota has instances so there is not hogging the best places by organized groups 24/7 but even so it is not an good thing.

4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

shroud of the avatar is an open and diverse community of people from many different cultures and backgrounds from all around the world. each person here has their own beliefs and ideals to which we hold so please keep this place we share free from politics.

Mykll likes this.
  5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I was not making politics, I only gave reason why I can not give funding right now.
    I tend to avoid politics on the internet, most people are not mature enough to allow frank and honest discussion anyways.

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

My feeling is that if lowering taxes makes the game more attractive for new players we should do it. If the game is discontinued for lack of players your property will be worth exactly nothing, so I think it is in your interest to lower taxes.

Mac2, Cordelayne, uziraff and 2 others like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Avatar

Perhaps an interesting monthly quest that gives a 30 day row tax credit (7,500 gp) could help? Not sure how with Puuk and Lum gone. :(

8. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Agree.

Encouraging RMT, and balancing in-game economy around this outside speculation and sales, has turned away even some of the biggest fans.

cobran and Mykll like this.
  9. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Lowering taxes is a great idea, we need to attract more new players as well as give current players more reasons to be vested in the game.

Mac2 likes this.
  10. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I like the suggestions I read earlier:

1. Second, Third, Fourth TAXED lot deeds should have an incremental increase in tax.

2. Tax Free Lot deeds should have an increase in vendor/pet slot.

I'm all for it!

Make it easier for first time players to get their feet wet with home ownership and give some value back to the Tax Free deeds.

ashmaul likes this.
  11. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

This is the best idea I have seen and or talked with others about.
    There is no problem with reducing rent values, but if someone has paid real word cash to not pay rent then reducing rent does reduce there investments value.

When you reduce, remove, or take away; you should always replace with something else.
    With that said, the second point above would be a very simple solution for people to retain value and to remain (special).
    I would think, that if you could have double the vendors on a tax free lot than a taxed lot that most every one would agree with reducing the taxes for every lot size in half... and hell while your at it, add KEEP and CASTLE taxed deeds to the mix, since they may be affordable if the taxes are in half...

Maybe we could look at FOUNDER deeds having more lock down, storage, and vendors than bundle deeds. then the lowest could be taxed deeds... Then every one will fell special based on there time and how long they have been a supporter of the game.

My thoughts...
    Ashmaul

Tulia, AngelMhor and FrostII like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

This is such a great idea and not asking for much but adding a little extra to the specialness of tax-free deeds;)

Edited and not that I think we need to have compensation. I am happy with the changes. ;) .Just to clarify my comment.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  13. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

couple of arguments not well thought out just bored.

1. taxes are still required for home ownership so tax free deeds still do the same thing they did before.

2. what about the people that sold their tax free deeds that didn't think taxes are to much or that there was a drop in taxes on the way. but now if they can have more vendors they are more valuable then before? why should value be added to something that they sold already why should you get protection but not them?

3. your asking for protection and special treatment because of the amount of money you spent if it goes through it creates 2 classes of avatars. thems that pays are thems that says. not a good look and proves one of the things that the redditors have long said.

I sold my tax free village long ago so only 2 somewhat applies to me if you complain loudly enough to get it changed on all deeds but its meh to me.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't agree we need to do this. Tax reduction is imo what was needed and that is already going to happen in r55. Now players coming into the game know there will be a way to get their very own place when they are ready. Everyone can have their own place after they do all the quest lines starting in r55.

We don't need to complicate it and just let it be. My opinion of course but I believe we have other things to focus on in what gets implemented into the game for the future success of it. Making things a Grindy confusing pain in the butt has always been one problem we've had. I say keep it simpler, keep it reasonable as it has become now. Getting more property is another thing and a choice and decision to make.

This decision was happy news and great for the game. Players can feel more confident knowing there is a path to owning property in this game and that it is not unreasonable and it is even manageable for all play styles whether casual or not.

Then if players want more property they would have to manage that in other ways we have by either buying property bundles,or using in game gold for property such as playing the raffles, or buying from another player.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    FrostII, Chatele and Jaesun like this.
  15. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

I think Tax reductions are a great idea.

What this game really needs is more lots occupied by a fire and forget deed.

When I walk through a town, I don't want to see an active players lot followed by 8 deserted edelmanns and a few green rectangles.

I want to see ALL edelmann's or at the very least a fine selection of addon-store homes.

This game is severely lacking in urban sprawl in my opinion.

Besides aesthetics, there is also business to consider.

Right now I can only afford my 20th retail expansion outlet. I still have trunkloads of duplicate artifacts, failed enchants and other quality goods just sitting around collecting dust.

We need cheap lots NOW so I can plaster my stuff all over the continent before some stupid new avatar decides to setup a house or business.

While I approve the recent row reduction, I think we can still do better.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well we can't control that. Players bought those with real cash most of the time. If you want to live in a themed town there are some out there. I love seeing the many styles of housing we have. I think wizards rest looks really cozy. ;)

Rook Strife and Chatele like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.