1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

PVP & Death: Current Thinking Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

Thats diffrent as it would give me a feeling of an unfair advantage to people who dont flag themselves but if everyone is flagged it would create a whole diffrent comunity

blaquerogue and Time Lord like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Get used to disappointment.

Silent Strider, Devoid and Ned888 like this.
  3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Then you want open PvP for the wrong reasons. How would people have an advantage when there is selective multiplayer modes.

Silent Strider and Time Lord like this.
  4. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

dont know :p Ill have to see how it works in game

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

We're already smoking people in PvP so get ready to die a lot when you first start :)

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Wouldn't it be amazing if 2 years from now the game was actually out and everyone was playing but there were stilll people arguing about this topic in this thread and they never actually played the game?

I'm going to have to check this thread out in a couple of years and see if you guys are still here. :)

7. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

I like that ^^

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  8. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I was always part of the 50% who only accepts PvP if i had the full control to chose whether to activate PvP or not. Let me say i am disappointed that the rarest items will be only available in PvP zones and that i am not able getting these items in normal roleplay mode. I am not a power gamer and will propably never have a chance against those who are camping such a zone with rare items. For me its simply an unfair game design. This current game design also has a negative impact on the four game modes, because you give the multiplayer and PvP gamers an advantage. Single Player online or the offline mode would have a lower worth/value. If this is your intention, than you can simply deactivate these modes. I don't want to be forced playing PvP :-( and i want the same chance getting the rarest items!

Time Lord and Mata like this.
  9. Dhailen

Dhailen Avatar

Not sure what you have read, but the rares will be available in all modes and to all players. They will just be more abundant in the pvp hexes. Instead of investing in pvp, or even multiplayer, you will have to invest time in finding them.

10. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It is available to every player just not in the same abundance as the PvP areas. Expecting the same drop rate without the added risk won't get you called all of those things that the loudest PvEers complain about but reasonable people will probably be thinking that you. Mods can't sanction my opinion about unreasonable people.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah i didnt think about that yeah all should be killable!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I wonder if they can watch the metrics of the rate of gathered. Then set the spawn rate for rares to be equal across non PvP hexs and PvP hexes.

It would be a higher abundance in the PvP hexes due to concentration. But the amount spawned in non PvP hexes would fluctuated based on the risk required to gain the rares in the PvP hex. Too easy to gather in the PvP hex, for what ever reason, and the abundance everywhere goes up. Too hard to gather then the abundance goes down.

Would put more focus on the "risk" factor.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just look me up in game "Torniquet" i am not a crafter, but i collect everything i can so i may be able to sell you some stuff for cheap just to get it out of my boxes, maby we can barter and you can repair or make me armor!? (it doesn get more RP than that when your working together with other players! (i hate trading and selling to NPC's id rather sell and trade to real players. thats my opinion:))

Time Lord and Lord Spaz like this.
  14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Hehe! Yep Lord Trady is a tough one! He smoked me good many times, even when I had the drop on him :) It might be a bit different now though, since I know how to fill my deck better lol! Good times Lord Trady!

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Dhailen

Dhailen Avatar

I hope it works the other way. The pvp hexes should start out with a slight boost in density, and ramp up with increased risk (more pvpers). If you are the only one in the hex you only get a little boost, one of a hundred, big boost. No need to flood the market by increasing the non pvp hex abundance.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Let the contested hex set the pace.

If the contested hex is not fighting for the rare resources then there is no demand. The uncontested hexes to no need high spawn rares either.
    If the contested hex is fighting hard and not giving up a lot of rare resources then there is a high demand but the risk is high. The contested hexes should have higher abundance.
    If the contested hexes have excessive rare resources being gathered then the risk is low. The uncontested hexes should have higher spawn rates.

Let the risk be the deciding factor of the pace.

Numa and Time Lord like this.
  17. Dhailen

Dhailen Avatar

Thinking we are saying similar things. I'm just saying leave the non contested alone and adjust the contested only.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If the contested hexes are churning out resources because the risk isn't high enough to slow the gathering rate then there are only three options, 1 increase the rare spawn rate in uncontested hexes, 2 decrease the spawn rate in the contested hexes, 3 increase the risk.

The optimal method would be to increase the risk. How do you increase risk in PvP?

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Dhailen

Dhailen Avatar

I'd use the non contested as a baseline and have the contested start there (maybe slightly better) and ramp up as things get heated. Otherwise you are say "this field is flooded, so open up the dam and flood the rest of them" that would just make "rares" less rare.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Have a message pop up:
    "Caska DiFumarate has entered this hex."
    oops, that is how to increase my risk in PvP. ;)

Time Lord, Abydos and blaquerogue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.