Do you like your row house?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Lord Dreamo, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I finally managed to snag a row lot and it even had a four story house on it already, and I must admit I'm feeling...cramped lol.

I think it's my tastes though, the row lots were a brilliant idea. But I think I just realized I want some grass too... gonna have to squeeze out another $275 and become a citizen I think!

Curious how other players are feeling about their row housing though. Does it work for you?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol yes they are a bit cramped but cozy too. I had one last release or a couple of releaes ago at least and had fun with it. If you'd like to try out another home. I have a village deed and house you can try, so friend majoria. I don't have a spare town deed though, but
    you can zone to me and I will show you mine in game.:)

3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

It definitely gives the town house urban feel. I actually like some of the row lots more than most of the village house designs I've seen. Multiple floors makes it feel like there is more space to decorate... but the lack of the rear and side windows really annoys me (especially if you have a corner cap lot).

Myrcello, Gaelis and majoria70 like this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Row houses are actually a lot better then village houses.

5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I love the row houses, i will actually likely be living in one for episode one so i can use the keep for communal housing and my publishing house. Free fire place.. nice.

6. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

I put a chair in the window in that little 2nd floor room. Can watch people all creepy like. If your in ardoris. I'm watching.

7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I like my row lots.

There are some architectural choices I'd rather be saner (I can elaborate on request - be prepared to hardcore rants, tho), but plenty of decorable space for many interesting themes. With a 4-story plaster, I feel I run out of variety in decoration items, before running out of useful square meters.

I wish I had a front/backyard, and as already noted, more windows: my main lot is the last one in a line of four, and I could have windows on three sides. My other one has neighbors on all three walls and I understand why the row buildings have only one "facing"; I just put lightsources everywhere.

Themo Lock likes this.
  8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Row houses are better than almost all (if not all) village houses, if you look at the space, the floorplan and the inside decoration. I mean come on, who doesnt love that fireplace. My god.

I will absolutely get atleast one row house in one of the larger towns.

But is it worth to upgrade to Village lot? Absolutely.

Moiseyev Trueden and Themo Lock like this.
  9. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

They are a lot less cramped in 1st person mode.

reesian likes this.
  10. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

i wish we could change the wall lay out to have a more open feel. other than that i love my row house in ardoris.

11. Smurfwizard

Smurfwizard Avatar

Maybe once the game becomes more advanced then there will be an option to change the layout, based and several options for the different types of housing.

Themo Lock and Destroying Angel like this.
  12. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

Another thing to note about the row houses is how well they look placed on a village lot - you would expect them to look wrong as the intention was to have them lined up in terraces, but placing a 4 story one on a village lot with a 5 story basement can provide a huge amount of indoor space and a good sized garden as well and they still manage to look good standing as a detached house.

Katrin Bekers [PeV] likes this.
  13. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

Depends on the row house you choose as well, I have mentioned this in other threads but the front rooms on each floor work out better in the stone house and the red roof wood and plaster house. Some of the row houses don't feel cramped even in third person.

Due to the L-shape front of the stucco houses (and they lack a working fireplace too) you lose space in all the front rooms on each floor, the same goes for the blue roof wood and plaster house due to its V-shape front.

The red roof house loses a little space on the ground floor due to the overhang at the front but provides some outside deco space and the ground floor is still a good size, all the remaining floors are maxed out.

The stone house only loses space on the first floor at the top of the doorway arch, again all the remaining floors are maxed out including the ground floor which feels quite spacious in this design.

I prefer the red roof one over all - placed on a village lot as mentioned in my prior post it allows even more front garden space and it has a little balcony as well so you can look out over the garden.

Edit: I am now playing with a village house on a town lot, and again using undersized housing works well - I am using the 3 story wood and plaster house in place of a row house, but after the next wipe I might try putting a red roof row house on there for some mad garden usage.

Sofiamia likes this.
  14. Sofiamia

Sofiamia Avatar

Wow, fattymoomooman, are you saying I can place my 3-story wood and plaster house, open floor plan, on a city plot? Might be fun to try that out in the next wipe.

15. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

I am currently using a row house on a village lot. It works incredibly well.

I love the idea of row houses, especially considered how they are placed. In a lot of places they are just around the corner from NPC buildings. The first floor in the current layout is quite easy to set up as a vendor area (for when vendors become a thing) just by placing a tavern counter. It eats up the room, sure, but it creates a nice aesthetic separation. What I currently have done is decorate the first floor room to look like a storage room and created space for two vendors. The top 3 floors are currently bedrooms for myself and a couple of friends. We have our crafting stations in the yard as of right now, though in a city row lot I imagine I'd stick them in a basement.

I am looking forward to owning a row house in Brittany, as close as I can manage to get it to the vendor areas. If another city winds up being more popular than Brittany I'll set up shop there, but for now that's my plan. It'll be nice having vendors close to NPC amenities, and thus easy for other players to find.

Sofiamia likes this.
  16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I love the row houses, some more than others. Some have cramped space in the room on the upper floors, and others have a nice large rectangular room there. I love the fireplace and the separate room on the ground floor that I use as a pantry/storage room. I like the row houses on a village lot except for the stone one. It looks too austere like a mini knight tower for my taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.