Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cost of Trainning and Skill Reset

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Sir Niccoli, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Waiting outside the "Lunar Rift" to New Brittania
    Now that there appears to be a real cost associated with training. Yes, just gimped myself trying to train up to where I was. No I didn't read the notes it's my own fault. But hey, I am not stuck walking now and can carry stuff again.

Can we get the ability to play around with the numbers while at the trainer, without being screwed over.

Misclicked, too bad, money gone.

Honestly I would love to see the ability to add and remove while there, confirm when complete to have the money actually taken.

It only makes sense as you have the ability to change your mind at a merchant, to add the same style of expenditure on a trainer.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Good suggestion. Will add to schedule

3. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Also, right now costs seems high to me. Maybe I just don't know how to make money in game but I had around 10k gold. I am level 41 and have almost spent all the gold retraining, and still have over 200 points I could spend (and 212 crafting). This seems to tell me that either the costs are high or I need to farm resources and sell them. OR I need to craft.

It already seemed like I was barely getting ahead, just going out into the world and doing things, with costs of repairs and occasionally selling resources. Now it appears that my focus needs to be selling resources because killing stuff doesn't pay the bills.

This currently feels like the adventurer can't get by without other work.

smack, Quenton, amaasing and 4 others like this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah I think I lost 50k by testing whether some skills fit in my deck...

And the costs are rather high I had to pay 200k to train and it is not deck for PvP tournaments.... it is too much.

5. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Holy crap, I have about 6k from R17 & R18 combined, looks like they don't want me to play

smack, amaasing, Montaigne and 5 others like this.
  6. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Annnnnd I can't go to Owl's Head, Internal Server Error and warped back to Kingsport. Was hoping to see if I had money in the bank maybe as I'm now broke, and haven't even touched crafting skills which means I won't be able to harvest well either.... Time to look for "money making tips in Shroud" I guess.

7. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

You can, just make sure to only buy the lower level skills and get enough to not have blanks. At least you have fore warning.

Rhudaur likes this.
  8. Stealthy

Stealthy Avatar

I went on the test server last night and was going to check out buying some pigment to die my armor etc. But I made the mistake of re-distributing my skill points. I was excited to try and test the new chaos spells and new combos. I had 80,000 gold on me and started putting my points in and could not finish all my gold was wasted and I didn't even have 750 to buy a pigment to die something. I also am maxed on intel by the time I was up to 50 in the focus tree for train intel I was flat broke could not even check out the new spells/combos!

smack, amaasing, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yepers really BAD planning making training cost so much :-(

smack, amaasing, Montaigne and 6 others like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Really 200K ther may be 10% of players who can even get close to that amount without intervention.

Need to fix this ASAP =

Really DEVs?

smack, amaasing, Silvanus and 5 others like this.
  11. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Training costs may make more sense if you are starting out and you are earning gold as you level but if you are starting at higher levels already, I can see why people are feeling the pain.

smack likes this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

After all my work I have 2 K left and can only train 5 skill levels???!!

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Seriously I am about to cash in some of the items and resources I have but still will prob come up short on what I need to even rebuild my simple Skill Tree, not to mention if I EVER want to swap to Gust Ball setup?

Something really needs to be done, ASAP, perhaps a decimal point or TWO change.

Come on really REALLY cost prohibitive.

amaasing, Aveea, Xandra7 and 5 others like this.
  14. causepain

causepain Avatar

Wow i didn't even noticed the prices !! Good i had around 50k ... had

time to start farming bugged monsters :D

Only advantage money are worth something now! But the prices on highers tiers should be lowered, or You don't want people to test anything, because one thing is testing one thing is wasting time to farm money to test something

amaasing and Colgarra like this.
  15. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Avatar

yeah...I only have like 7k and the most I have ever had at one time during R17 or R18 is 18K. And with no skills I can't go make money. And I bet I won't be the only one unable to do tournaments. That is true for my initial training. But some of us toggle between skills for gustball and tournaments. So this puts me out of everything.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  16. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

We need a WIPE !!!

:D

smack, Jivalax Azon and Colgarra like this.
  17. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

The issue is that normally these costs would be spread out over long periods of time. Because we wiped skills (Yes, probably a mistake in hindsight) high level players are most screwed because they have so much to retrain. My belief is the costs are appropriate though.

Agree that we should have a way to undo a change if you haven't left the vendor.

smack, Katrina Bekers and Duke Raas like this.
  18. JDGamers

JDGamers Avatar

I just don't see how a player with no money can go out and make money without any skills. Especially since the game is still in Alpha I don't think there is any reason to charge as much yet. I can understand doing this when a full wipe happens so that the costs are spread out as you are leveling up, but doing so in the games current stage doesn't make any sense and is very frustrating... especially when there isn't a way to undo anything yet.

Quenton, amaasing, Soulicide and 4 others like this.
  19. Colgarra

Colgarra Avatar

IMO the costs are set way to high. They are prohibitive to testing at this stage and need serious attention.....

20. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If they hold to what I was told yesterday, they have no plans to compensate anyone for the cost of training. (as per Darkstarr's response in the R19 thread when I asked about compensation). However, with more people complaining they may change their minds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.