R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvatarGG

+1 (yet again). Good row lots in Brittany will be taken even before we can start claiming them :(

Baalice likes this.
  2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Justice is not so clearly defined. Injustice for one group is typically justice in another. No system is totally fair. Winners typically work within the system rather than trying to destroy all. Getting a bit too real world...

Tahru and AvatarGG like this.
  3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Oh yikes I was under that impression as well. I am trying to dig up pictures of the various size lots with water, the boats, and all that mess. What happens to a Village size water plot? On sotamaps the plots are all on the land with just touching the water. So we have the option of land house, or water house boat? What happens to our basements if we pick a house boat?

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

A village water lot is basically the same size as a village land lot with a little water in the back.

But a Baron house boat on the docks for example is almost all water with a boat on the water, and a small amount of space on the docks you can decorate.

Mykll likes this.
  5. Knight Dozer Belador

Knight Dozer Belador Avatar

Might want to look at this.... rewards

Toff likes this.
  6. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Huh interesting. Thanks!

7. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Depends on how much you spent, I guess. Definitely the most passionate I've felt about something like this in a game otherwise I would agree with you.

I'm not clear how I'm trying to destroy all. What's done is done. But it is an injustice when everyone backs the game at the highest they can and you let upper tiers get first crack at lower tiers' primary lots and then still get their own. As I and @Coren pointed out, a small tweak could have made all the difference and the quoted instructions alluded to that being the case. One change to even things a bit. Hardly 'destroying all'.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    LoneStranger and Taja like this.
  8. enderandrew

If you upgraded to Lord Marshall early enough, I believe you get a Town deed AND a Row deed. But they expired the second deed at one point, so if you upgraded later you don't get the 2nd deed.

cartodude likes this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Lord Marshall (I am one) would be a Town and a Village. Lord would be Town and Row.

10. enderandrew

Sorry, you are correct. I was going off memory.

11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

All of the expiration details can be found on the Pledge Information page. So view your pledge level, verify your purchase/upgrade dates, and then look at the appropriate expirations to see what you might have missed.

Tahru likes this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The pledge expirations and what is owed whom has become very complex... for an authoritative answer an any such questions, I'd suggest submitting a request to support@portalarium.com

I used to think I was well versed in the changes, but try to no longer answer as there is a good chance I would provide inaccurate information.

Mykll, Tahru and NRaas like this.
  13. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I didn't mean you destroying all. You raised valid concerns.

I was thinking about the real world and justice/injustice is based more upon perception. Similar virtue and perception issues in the Ultima games.

Many are quick to shout injustice without thoroughly understanding or considering the other side.

Baalice and Tahru like this.
  14. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Apologies, then. It read as though it were a pointed statement. Thanks for clarifying.

Mykll likes this.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Can't people sell water lot houses? So if a player chooses to secure a water lot, the chances are they might be able to purchase the lot deed (since nobody is using it), meanwhile they still have a basement to live in till they get their boat/cabana.

16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I was in the shower thinking how I would feel if I could not use my castle lot for a smaller lot. My knee-jerk reaction was that the limitation would be absurd given the cost of the bigger lot deed. But then I thought it would be fine as long as they were sold with that condition beforehand.

So I guess the determination of fairness is rooted in the terms of the initial purchase. Cleary setting expectations could have been better. Hindsight is 20/20...

Baalice and Mykll like this.
  17. enderandrew

They can sell the houses, but you can't claim the lot itself unless you have the FOUNDER lot deed. So the Founders/Royal Founders who already claimed lots early in the land rush would have to unclaim their lots and risk losing them to trade a Founder lot deed to someone else in exchange for a non-Founder lot deed.

StevieD likes this.
  18. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm hoping that my location of choice is far enough from traffic that I won't see a single vendor NPC in my neighborhood.

Stay away from residential zones, you monsters!

19. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

I'm bummed, for sure. I backed at Lord initially, back at Kickstarter, so I could get a big house in a cool place. Then I upgraded to Lord Marshal so I could jump to the very front of the "Town" selection group.

Nope. Every Town lot that will see substantial traffic is gone and I don't pick for 36 hours.

But here's the thing.

It's the market. And it's right. This process actually gives people who paid the most first choice. It sucks that we all didn't think that would happen but it's pretty defensible.

Me? I'm almost certainly claiming a village lot now. That's what my $2300 Lord Marshal pledge got me - a reasonably good village lot. If I find that there's a nice town lot left with a reasonably good view in a NPC town I'll take it, but really, I don't care too much. That'll be my home, not my business, and isolated is fine. Even in a prefab PRT. That's exactly what the castle deed people concluded too, at a higher level.

This is mildly crummy for me, but it absolutely sucks for village and row deed holders, who envisioned a mad rush to claim in a good place, but will now be rushing for the last few crappy spots in NPC cities, if any are even left, or fighting over spots near the exits of PRTs.

But again, it's the market. Pay more, get first choice. Those pledges are paying people's salaries. This system rewards the people who paid the most. That's not evil. It's what is paying for the game. Even if it's not fun for anybody but the very highest payers.

It's actually that simple.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Theleb K`aarna likes this.
  20. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

The only problem I have is that the people who have the city or larger lots can claim something small with very little risk at not having their city or bigger lot in group 91. No one else has those lot sizes, so they're getting the best of everything. I understand they paid more, but paying hundreds of dollars (near $600 or more for village) shouldn't leave us with crap choices (possibly not even an NPC town location).

Baalice and Mykll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.