If the Devs Feel Bummed by the Negativity...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kambrius, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Required inspirational videos

2. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Hey when did @caravaggiosWolf Grow such a Fro? ............. Nice!

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, "make love to the canvas".

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Since i am here this game has improved and gets better an better.

If they would reopen PoT sells for the original price i would think over and try to get the money to
    1. Donate the good work
    2. Setup a my own RP PoT to attract germanspeaking fulltime roleplayers.

Although i better invest the money to a new machiene because NPC Citys are laggy as hell to me.

Maybe this is a small advocacy to the devs too ;)

5. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

It happens in waves in every game....like someone else pointed out in another thread today, you really only hear or see the most vocal ones, and that often skew perspectives. I see new players posting, I see positive feedback, but it is easy to overlook when there are people trying to prove a point that they are right. In one I'm leaving thread they aren't even leaving the game, the account was sold. The truth is never so black and white. Drama distracts and hurts more than it helps, and I find (in general) it is rarely the reality of a situation.

TLDR; Don't worry, be happy, and rarely are things as bad as they seem in any forum.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Related/Unrelated?
    Bob Ross is a man among boys. If your read his biography he really was an amazing person, and near the end of his painting career he was going through some rough times. Very interested quick search.

Lord Baldrith and Kambrius like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

8. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Although Stephen Daniele is an amazing concept artist, if they had the Caravaggio Wolf NPC resemble Bob Ross with the permed hair, it would be a great homage to such a cool dude with an amazing demeanor.

Vyrin likes this.
  9. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Personally, I've been critical of parts of the game (hello, taming) over the years, and I don't play the game anymore (due to RL restraints), but from what I can tell by the progress from month to month, the incredible amount of transparency on part of the Devs, the play-testing by Richard (not to ignore other members of the team, but it is his game, reputation, time, and money invested in this project), all of it has been consistent. This game has provided a platform for creating awareness for real life social projects like those for autism and the ever-increasing fresh water demands of the world; has fostered a community of amazing people who give of themselves and their finances to help out fellow community members in need; has inspired, authorized, and integrated tools from our creative community members into the game; has added game play elements based upon the jira monster that keeps growing mainly from the suggestions of the community (even when it was beyond the scope of the original KS goals). There's more good here than what's disappointing and it is still a work in progress with a clear road map. Personally, I think the game needs much more time to be developed especially to provide a solid gaming experience for those that want the single player offline game, but that will happen in time; four years is a drop in the bucket for a game with such ambitious goals.

Folks do need to be supportive and critical, sure, but when you hit extremes, you undermine the very project for which you are so passionate.

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I am curious about how many people are active in the forum and provide their thoughts and opinions but are not active playing since many releases.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Now that's a good question. I play every day and keep really busy in game on my own and with groups as well. I report bugs as I find them and provide feedback as I think of it while playing;) and that's off topic but I'm sure it hurts a lot to be working so hard on this game and hear so much negative. It's not like it's constructive all that often lately, sometimes yes, but a lot of hey you ruined my game kinda stuff. Not remembering it's not a game. We get to Play in it while they develop it is all.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    CatherineRose, Kambrius and Stundorn like this.
  12. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Only snowflakes melt, a hand fitted to the plow becomes calloused.
    Im not supper worried if this project doesnt come to fruition, by the time I either get fed up or they make some improvements content wise,
    Other games will be out for me to try. the only thing is, right now this is good as it gets; everyone else has there own problems. so I will try to occupy the back of the bus and watch.​

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

On average for any given forums about 5-10% of those who visit the forums will actually participate in some form with the rest being readers.

MrBlight likes this.
  14. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I could not even play last release due to disconnects. Now I am busy in real life owning and running my own company during the summer months. I still have a couple grand invested here so I think it gives me an allowance to post here.

Kaisa and Grumpy like this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Thats actually some pretty interesting stats.
    Neat, and sounds about right judging by the group i play with hah.

16. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

2 mil viewers can't be wrong :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.