1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Since the perks are expected in R46, we should get news in the next few weeks or sooner.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and 3devious like this.
  2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I'm pretty sure if Portalarium wasn't getting its money a couple of troll repo men would show up at their door and take it out of their hides until they were begging to pay the dev team for all of our gold loot and to pay for our investments in real gold if Portalarium would just call off the really big guys that were camped outside of their door.
    I have confidence that our liege would be able to summon something scarier than trolls should Seedinvest be putting us on. I haven't gotten any reports of things being tango uniform so they are at least good at sanitizing PR and issues with the SEC.

I am hoping that this goes so well that we will have golden inns for release 50!

3. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Was this a port statement or an estimate form somewhere?

4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

remind me again.. which release was it when they got our $?

5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

From the the last telethon.

6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Just an FYI to everyone - I have been making inquiries with SeedInvest to find out what the hold up is with the investment. Here is the dialogue I've had so far:

Me: My investment has been processing for over a month now. What is the hold up for getting it closed??

SeedInvest - Cici: Thank you very much for reaching out. Closings are typically done on a "rolling basis" whereby 250-500 investments are batched up and closed at once. At present, we typically seek to conduct these closings every 2-4 weeks for each applicable offering on the platform.

Confirming you have completed all necessary follow-ups, and the ball is in our operation and compliance team's court to ensure you're included in the next close. When your investment has been formally closed you will automatically be notified. Hope that helps!

Me: My investment in Portalarium has been processing for over a month now. You have told me absolutely nothing with regard to *how much longer* I can expect to be in limbo. When can I expect the investment to close? Another week? 2 weeks? 2 months? Surely you must have this in a queue, not just randomly rolling up investments into batches.

To my knowledge, there is nothing left for me to do. So what is the date I can expect this investment to be fully processed?

SeedInvest - Nico: I just talked to our team on this. Your investment was part of the first close, which was just finalized. Your investment should show as complete within the next 1-2 days.

Me: Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. I'll check in a few days to see if this has moved forward and closed.

FYI - it would be nice if you folks actually communicated this type of information to investors rather than leave us in the dark. One email in over a month does not instill confidence in whatever process you follow. As a first time investor using SeedInvest, I can tell you this lack of communication is not acceptable.

---> I encourage everyone to contact SeedInvest to see where you stand on these *rolling basis* batches. Seems like a lot of gibberish to me, but I've never done this kind of investment before.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I contacted SeedInvest as well, they said "Soon"

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

HA! Yes. Vagueness. I have to confess that when people give me vague answers I get rather pissy...lol. Vagueness in this type of situation is BS, but then I'm getting a little grumpier in my old age so I may just be full of it myself :rolleyes:

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

In fairness to them, it was a chat request after normal business hours. They emailed me back the next day. (which I think is reasonable) I'll bug them again around the end of next week.

I'm not super-worried. This feels more like bureaucratic BS then any kind of ill-intent.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and 3devious like this.
  10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I agree, no ill-intent. Just poor communication...lol. Seems about right with bureaucracy :p

3devious likes this.
  11. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Got 2 mails today (made 2 investments, want to combine them): Your Portalarium investment is now closed....Your funds have been disbursed to Portalarium, and a Certificate of your shares is attached.
    With an attached PDF Portalarium Share Certificate.

12. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

@Berek: I made 2 investments to be consolidated.
    I have got a confirmation mail from the Seedinvest team: I have made a note to our Venture Growth Team to inform the company.
    Could you please confirm the consolidation (= higher investor perks)?
    As there are no account based investor perks (like titles) I guess the best option is to get a new account with all the investor perks, no benefit if combining with an existing account.

13. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I got an e-mail overnight from SeedInvest saying my investment was now complete, saying it was "closed", and gave me a page to watch it, and manage any changing personal information.

14. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

I got the same thing. Here is a copy for all interested. Looks like they are close to completing this offering.

Your Portalarium investment is now closed

Thank you for investing in Portalarium.

Your $_____ investment for ___ shares in Portalarium has been executed. Your funds have been disbursed to Portalarium, and a Certificate of your shares is attached. You may track your investments at any time on your portfolio page.

Please make sure to visit your settings page to review and make any necessary updates to your personal and investor account information. In addition, you can review a copy of our privacy notice and customer agreements at any time.

Please contact us if you have any questions. We’re here to help.

15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We will be sending out an email early next week with instructions on how to ensure your account is tied to the Shroud game account you want to link, so that you can receive the perks when they arrive.

For merging of accounts, if they can do it on SeedInvest's end, then it should be no problem to award you the proper level after that time. Please ensure you wait to link your Shroud game account to your merged SeedInvest accounts until AFTER the merger is confirmed.

Numa, Time Lord, StarLord and 4 others like this.
  16. 3devious

3devious Avatar

The most important thing for me is that our game is that much closer to getting the publishing money. Who is next in the process so that we may stare at them intently until they get their piece done and we can get this out? I am not so concerned with my gold armor and bird but that the game gets out there for better or worse. Ideally getting to the published state should lay to rest the "It's still in alpha!" battlecry that folks use. The game will be "in progress" until it dies or we all get distracted by something really shiny and wander off. It will be great to have a real milestone to point to and say this is what we have. For better or worse it will be what we put out there for everyone to judge. Not a beta, a trial but a product that we invite the word to come judge us as a product. It will be painful in someways but it will be something that some of us can put a period on it and move on. In other cases it might just be the beginning. I hope for the best.

17. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Ok port, gimme my phat lootz

18. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

@Berek it´s not merging of accounts - those that did several investments have 2 or more blocks of shares under a single seedinvest account - RG confirmed on seedinvest QA that these will be combined towards perks milestones.

Please include into the mail you are sending out what we, with several blocks of shares have to do to reach the perks milestone of the combined value.

thanks & cheers

Vodalion

19. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Yep! I got that too! Had a PDF of a share certificate, most holdings don't do that anymore.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Rentier like this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I had my investment closed. Just got an email recently.

A curious thing that happened though, I noticed the stock certificate and the website did not match on number of shares and my certificate was mistakenly one short of what I purchased. To any other investor, you may wish to check to ensure your number of shares is accurate. I have contacted their support team asking for them to update it correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.