Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 50 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Tazar

Yes, actually solleret also refers to a type of full leather boot in real life. And for plate armor although sollerets and sabatons are technically only the part that covers the foot, i think its a better metonym for the whole boot than the greave; the greave fits over and thus you have descriptions like "greaved solleret"

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

comma

them, their

radii, radius?

Eilliana, Elliana?

them, their

rephrase? these are not potential rewards, though they may lead to them

current volcanic activity? visible?
    (it would be funny if this included owl's head)

comma, hyphen

Quest

identities

rephrase? i was under the impression that people were deliberately UNstacking large piles of low-value things, so as to hope their vanquisher received three worms since they were three line items.

comma

is the welcome torch exempt from that?

space after ellipsis

this is part of the previous sentence

check names: sotamap has these as Bloodriver no space, though i'm not in game right now to check the actual scenes. the starting scene info at the top of this document is no space.

please don't turn the peasants themselves into wearables. we don't even have lambs (yet) to silence.

is this replacing the skull sword he has a chance to drop or are both possible?

gettable how?

hyphens

hyphen

if a craftable smaller version is planned for the future, mention?

commas

colon

commas

is a quest actually associated with this or do you just have to talk to the appropriate person?

hyphen

no comma

Spoon and Applerust like this.
  3. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

the R49 notes state that the Barbarian clothes + Patterns will be released in Q1 - are these in R50 or (51/52) ?

4. Alley Oop

that says in q1, but not when in q1

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@DarkStarr, it was also mentioned that the ability of the new map system to pull in the lots and lot placement in POTs from the game automatically was going to be a feature of this release.
    Is that still the case? Is that feature still coming at a later date, or should Governors use their newly restored ability to edit their own maps to do this?
    As it was an anticipated feature to be included in this release, some mention of it should be made, even if it is a strike-through.

Instead of: "In-game Map Features: We have made various upgrades and reinstatements of original features to the in-game map system."
    How about: "In-game Map Features: We have reinstated and made various upgrades to some original features of the in-game map system."

Instead of: "User Login: On the website version of the map system, we have integrated our account login functionality with the in-game map system. This has allowed us to start reinstating several features from the original SoTAMap application."
    How about: "User Login: We have integrated our account login functionality with the website version of the map system allowing us to reinstate several of the original SotAMap features."

Perhaps include the URL of the Website Version of the Map System: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/
    It is referenced frequently so providing that information would be helpful.

Thank you;

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

You are correct that we never updated the instructions to match the current implementation. We will rewrite the instructions accordingly.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, regarding skill level vs proficiency. I noticed that the level of some recipes have changed, making them no longer craftable. The change from them showing proficiency to level resulted in needing akigher skill level for some recipes. Some recipes that I could craft in R49 were no longer craftable in R50. I was thinking that some mention of this oocuring might be prudent.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  8. DarkStarr

fixed most of these

9. DarkStarr

added a note about this to the doc

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• Also, remember that while we are providing new content with each release, our community is also working overtime to make new events for you to enjoy. Be sure to check out when there are player-run events in one of the calendars (via in-game book or the player-run website: Avatars Circle). You can also get the latest official events on the Main Website.
    Maybe want to add links to this section now that we are expecting a lot of new players.

I think the ingame book was discontinued a couple of months ago.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35475

I would also suggest adding a sentence and link to the community events forum section since some events are only announced in the forums and nowhere else.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?categories/community-events.301/

Maybe something like this:
    • Also, remember that while we are providing new content with each release, our player community is also working overtime to make new events for you to enjoy. Be sure to check out when there are player-run events either in the Community Events section of the forums or the player-run website: Avatars Circle. You can also get information about the latest official Upcoming Events on the Main Website.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ty , also please understand that players really want / need the math.
    And more clarification on expontial exp for higher levels players I see the exp split in 1/2 from an 80 with a 40?

12. DarkStarr

Good suggestion. Implemented

13. DarkStarr

The house and ownership automation is coming but might slip to next release. Not sure where you are referencing that we promised it for this release nor where I should strike through that info though...

Your other suggestions are good and I have implmented them.

14. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Just got a question, wanted to test taming on Boars, since they were put in this release... And my testing on Grand Boars are not tamable ; I was told this will be looked at.. Well if the Grand Boars ain't tamable is there any tamable Boars ingame now and if there is what Boars are they (I have only found 2 types of Boars an Grand Boars were the higher level ones but they are still weaker then grey wolfs) just trying to figure this all out , thanks for any help here.

15. DarkStarr

Board won’t be tameable until R51

16. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

Wild Boar Trophy: Once you defeat one of these noble beasts in combat you may want to use your crafting skills to turn its head into a trophy that you can display on your wall.

The "Mounted Wild Board" recipe requires a "Boar Head". Will there be other varieties of boar trophies that require a "Pristine" boar head?

i.e.
    Currently animal heads are used for hats, trophies, or neither.

Some animals (e.g. Wolf, Bear) have a "normal" head used for Hats, and (very rare) "Pristine" heads used for trophies.

Just want to confirm where Boars fit in this. Seems like it's the same category as Stags right now (Boar Head can be used for hats and trophies, no Pristine varieties).

Stag Heads
    - used for Stag Hats
    - used for trophies - Mounted Antlers
    - no Pristine Stag Heads for the various varieties of stag (Obsidian Stag, etc.)

Crocodile Heads
    - not used for hats or trophies

Pristine Crocodile Head
    - used for Mounted Crocodile

Pristine Large Crocodile Head
    - used for Mounted Large Crocodile

Wolf Heads
    - used for Wolf Hats
    - cannot be used for trophies

Pristine Arctic Wolf Head
    - used for Mounted Arctic Wolf

Pristine Elder Wolf Head
    - used for Mounted Elder Wolf

etc.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Browncoat Jayson and Alley Oop like this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• Skill Level vs. Proficiency: All crafting-related activities, including the purchase of recipes from merchants and crafting at stations, use skill level, instead of a mix of skill level and proficiency, to maintain consistency across all of these activities and prevent confusion. As part of this, Crafting Proficiency is no longer a player-facing value. Note that with this change some recipes that were previously craftable by you may be temporarily unavailable until you increase your level accordingly but the difference should be very small (10% at most).
    I'd suggest a re-order of this to make it clear what the change is and how it will function.
    • Skill Level vs. Proficiency: We are removing Crafting Proficiency as a player-facing value and will instead only use Skill Level for simplicity. We are doing this to prevent confusion and make crafting-related activities more straight forward. The most visible change from this will be that learning high tier Crafting Recipes will now require a minimum Skill Level instead of Crafting Proficiency. This change will see Crafting Proficiency removed from interfaces like Skill Trees, buying Recipes from merchants, Crafting Stations, etc and also bonuses changed from Devotionals, Expert Crafting Stations, Artifacts, etc. Note that with this change some recipes that were previously craftable by you may be temporarily unavailable until you increase your level accordingly but the difference should be very small (10% at most).

Alley Oop likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

very good. Change made

19. DarkStarr

Made a bunch of updates today

20. Alley Oop

@Belladonna Rose brought this up on discord:

Sara Dreygon and Belladonna Rose like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.