15% Account Credit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lheiah, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lheiah

Lheiah Avatar

You know, I understand the idea behind a sale and generating addition interest for the game is a good thing, but...I don't even know how to express what is going on in my head right now.

Someone this weekend can spend $500 for what it cost me $575 prior to this sale, but I believed in you enough to give my money way back when to support this project. That's $75 of free add ons that someone gets that jumps on the bandwagon this weekend that I have to spend more money on to get the same benefits! It would be completely different if I had actually received goods when I pledged and had been enjoying them all this time. It's equivalent to if I had bought a car several months ago and the same car was put on sale this weekend. But, at least I would have gotten to drive that car for the last several months. I have gotten nothing from you guys but vaporware and a promise, nothing that I have actually gotten to enjoy during that time period that someone that hasn't done anything for you will get to receive this weekend.

There is no reason for you to have not credited any backer's account prior to this sale with 15% of however much they have given you thus far. The only thing you are selling right now is future pixels and a promise.

It is my understanding in the crowd funding campaigns is to reward people that help out earlier in the process. Should I wait? Maybe there will be a 25% Christmas sale? Maybe a 35% Lover's Lane sale? Maybe a 50% launch sale????

Or do us previous backers just continue skipping down the lane singing zip a de do da????????

Thanks for the slap in the face and Happy Thanksgiving to you to!

stvnkrs10, pkarapan, sakuraba and 6 others like this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

Portalarium can certainly credit existing backers with 15% towards the next higher tier. This would actually entice those existing backers as they are now ever so closer and some would take the plunge if they were on the fence about upgrading previously. The current pledge upgrade promotion makes you upgrade first before you are bumped higher towards the tier after that one.

Mishri, NirAntae and OSullivan like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

KS is not a store. KS is not a store.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

If you drive to a store right now and buy electronics (yes they're open) you'll pay perhaps 40% less than what you will pay if you drive out 3 hours from now. It's just like when the game releases and I start selling stuff via my in-game vendor. Some days you might find there's a sale, other days you might find there's not.

It's just like if you drive out and get gas today. You might find that in the morning gas is $3.50 and in the evening it's $4.10.

What's not to understand?

I think what you're really trying to say is that it stinks that you can't get the lowest price for everything you purchase in life. I totally agree with that, and I'm not trying to be snarky about it. It's just literally a reality in everyday life.

5. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I agree with the sentiment of the OP. While it is true that prices fluctuate and things go on sale, it is different when the product has yet to be released. Person A who paid full price still doesn't have the item he paid for, yet Person B can now swoop in and pay less and will get the same exact product on the same day. It would be like Amazon.com enforcing a strict pre-order policy where all prices are locked in and orders can't be canceled. That really isn't fair to the people who ordered earlier at a higher price. I feel like offering discounted pledges for the same rewards is a dangerous precedent and I hope this is the last we see of it.

Europa, Maric, Aartemis and 2 others like this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

I can see that side of it, because it's not fun. However my expectation was never that I would get future discounts. Nor do I think that Portalarium ever suggested such a thing. I'd love to get a retroactive discount, but that's not something that I can honestly say was an expectation of mine.

Furthermore, and this really bothers me a bit, it's as if you feel like you were treated unfairly. I know that's the words the OP used. I'm just glad there was a sale! I have room to upgrade because I'm poor and I couldn't buy earlier. It just so happens that I can afford just a little bit more over this weekend because I budgeted for the holidays. But I can't afford to be Lord of the Manor no matter how much I may want that to happen. The sale is helping me now get a little more for less. Ya know, I still honestly understand where you're coming from, it's not fun to pay more while others pay less no matter how or when it happens - but that's life, get over it.

I could use your same exact arguement of "not fair" because I wasn't able to be a founder and now I'm paying more as a backer. Seriously, before they give anyone a retroactive %15, I want all the founder rewards for the cheaper price AND the 15% because "it's not fair".

Joviex and Atlaua like this.
  7. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

I agree with Sargon, just yesterday I upgraded to Baron for an additional $2200. There is a hurry and get them while they are hot theme when it comes to pledging. I hurried when I should have waited. I'm OK with the extra trinkets added to make it more enticing but the basic pledge should not be discounted. How about adding more items in the store, I for one buy them all and sometimes in multiples. I would think there are better ways to achieve funding goals rather then offending those of us that paid more.

Deliverence, licemeat and BillRoy like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

How much more are the backers paying for less than what the founders already got?

derek6665 (Baldrith) and Atlaua like this.
  9. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

I upgraded yesterday morning before the new incentives were known. I don't see any credit/bonus in my account. Even if the bonus shows up in the future, what if I don't want to up-grade to Duke?

What I paid for Friday Morning at $3800 now can be had for $3230 Friday Night. I don't know man, it just doesn't feel right!

Aartemis and BillRoy like this.
  10. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

I said Friday, I meant Wednesday, just feels like a Friday:)

11. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

Thanks Atlaua, I feel a little better :)

Atlaua likes this.
  12. Sir Osis O`Liver

Sir Osis O`Liver Avatar

This 15% pledge credit boost is great if you want to jump a few levels, but a bit of a cocktease if you are only going to jump up one more rank.

I'd just like to know how I can pledge $152 so I get the 15% bonus to jump from Edelmann to Knight which will be the highest pledge I can afford. Getting $26 credit towards Lord is no insentive to upgrade any further even if I wanted to (26/750 = 3.5% bonus), but the extra $23 making the upgrade to Knight surely would (23/175 = 13% bonus).

Surely applying a simple 15% discount to sales for the week would have been a lot easier to impliment, it's already applied to add-ons. If I could apply that $26 to buying add-ons instead of a pledge rank I would be little bit happier.

13. RTM

RTM Avatar

LoL, I did just that. I will get the $24 past the $800 but $1600 is a looooooooooooooong way off from $824.

I would really like to use the $24 for the prosperity set but I guess getting ahead of others in line for plot placement will have to do.

14. Drocis the Devious

I'm not sure how this 25,000 person line is going to work. :)

Doesn't it make sense that it's going to be a tiered line? So a few dollars here or there isn't likely to change where you're at in line. Ya know? What, is Rustic Dragon going to stay awake for two straight weeks saying "NEXT! Plot number 13,048! You have 5 minutes to claim your plot." hehe

derek6665 (Baldrith) and Atlaua like this.
  15. G Din

G Din Avatar

Do you not get what OP is saying? Its not like OP got the goods at the time of payment, the early backer is still waiting too.

BillRoy likes this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

I totally understand what he's saying, I'm disagreeing with it.

Atlaua likes this.
  17. RTM

RTM Avatar

I don't really care much... I was just babbling.... I honestly won't be able to play nearly as much as a lot of you guys. I just want a peaceful plot in a nice area of town. Hopefully I can make the Lord pledge but I think I'll wait to see if they open a new Town lot pledge for around $1200 first. I would definitely do $1200 on a payment plan but $1600 is a bit of a stretch for me right now.

Venger likes this.
  18. G Din

G Din Avatar

Makes perfect sense to me. Disagreeing with him being upset? He has every right to.

If this had happened with Star Citizen, there would have been hell to pay.

ziboo and BillRoy like this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

I never tell someone not to be upset. I just state why I'm not upset and lay out the facts (as I see them). Everyone here is welcome to their opinion as far as I'm concerned. You've been around here long enough to know that about me.

20. ziboo

ziboo Avatar

I agree with the OP. "15% Pledge Bonus on all New Pledges and Pledge Upgrades!"

I didn't back earlier this year so missed the opportunity to become a Founder. If Founders get more things/better rewards/discounts, so be it, they CHOSE to buy in early supporting SoTA and I feel they should get rewarded for their commitment/time/faith in LB and SoTA.

I did back last month (Edelmann) and if I had any idea I could have received a 15% bonus to my pledge of support by waiting a few weeks I would have. That's what bothers me. It's the NEW PLEDGES. Not the pledge upgrade. Upgrade discount I get, Those generate more $$ from the established base of people they know are going to play. It's the fact that waiting would have been beneficial as the new people to SoTA are getting treated better.

During this time, I've talked up SoTA with my guild and a number of guildies put their $$ down in support of this game too. With referrals and this current 'discount or bonus-sale' it would have put within reach of the Knight level if I had waited. If I had known SOTA was going to have a "bonus" on their pledge, I would have! It's not like it was announce 'Hey Black Friday sale coming 15% more on PLEDGES if you wait'! Even retail establishments announce what's coming up for sale for Black Friday.

I understand SoTA's out to raise more money, I get it. Alot more needs to be raised to produce the game LB wants to make. But end of the day it's pixels to the devs. It costs them NOTHING to keep good will with their supporters. Right now it seems to be creating some bad feelings/ill will for those that in good faith CHOSE to support the development of this game early, as if they had waited, they'd be getting a better bang for their buck! Seriously, most discounts you earn when you buy early!

As for the comparision to shopping for RL goods, it's not like I bought a TV and have been enjoying it for a month and then it went on sale (and even those if you buy within a specific time of a sale, you can often get the difference reimbursed to you). Prices fluxuate all the time. I expect different things in a cash shop to go on sale at different times. It's my choice to pay retail if I have to have it now or wait until its on sale. I don't expect to PLEDGE SUPPORT/BACK a game's development and then people that at a LATER date join/support it and get a better benefit! That's a marketing ruse pure and simple. I can understand a discount to encourage new people, but really feel it is wrong for those that supported early to basicalyy be told "here's 15% bonus if you spend more, but if you had waited you'd have saved 15% on what you spent!"

What if next month the pledge level for the Baron was cut in 1/2 for new pledges. How happy would those that spent $$ be?

This game is NOT out, no one has been enjoying my house, etc. I have just the expectations of fun a year from now. I mean, I've been looking at the things for sale on the Add On Store and if I had waited on the Edelmann until now I would have the extra $$ to purchase all those - picks and fishing pole and cloak and whatever. But right now the way I feel, I don't want to put any more money into SoTA at this time. So yea I feel slightly misled and disappointed.

I mean why buy into this sale, who knows what the next great 'should have waited' sale will be? Maybe we'll get 25% bonus after Christmas!!! Right?

smack, jamco12, BillRoy and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.