Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A few minor things

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Leffy, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

Having played R15 for only a few hours, I have a few minor things-but they drive me up the wall:
    The timer bar displaying while you are gathering...don't like it. Would rather not see the timer, though I have no problem with the time itself.
    Trying to click off of a loot window can get insane! Maybe it's me and my lack of precision, but if you don't hit the EXACT spot it doesn't close and just get frustrating-maybe it's being in a hurry to do the next thing, but that has gotten me more than a few times.
    TMI in the chat box, especially regarding gathering. Everything is duplicated and the wording is awkward anyway. I'm not a fan of the chat box to begin with, but this is just weird. To me anyway...last night I was being spoken too and didn't even see it until I went into the next instance, and the chat box opened up. Had to zone back to the player and apologize. (Sorry again Krylon-nice swords too btw). Maybe HUD is just too busy?
    Bank-for some reason, I have double of everything all of a sudden. That caused my bank to be over the item count and cost me a few K in gold to upgrade. Not the end of the world as this is pre-alpha, but still. Also regarding banks, my items do not combine for me unless I find the item in the bank, and place the new item from my inventory directly on the bank item. Regents, ore...like items should combine automatically imho.
    Other than that, love it!!! I'm sure the lag will get sorted out and some of the mechanics will get polished, but R15 has brought even more excitement!

docdoom77 and Budner like this.
  2. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

all the windows need to be sizable, transparent, and message reports toggle-able. the lag in opening and closing windows is just weird. hitting the / key and typing something takes toooo long, and scrolling or something, im not sure, pops u out of the chat window, so the next sentence you type ends up being a couple of words of gui commands and turning off this, opening that.... its just not intuitive somehow. or integrate a chat program. i'm sure all this stuff is in the works., it must be tough to code in.

The Hendoman

Efilnikufesin and Budner like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and duplicate items in the bank because otherwise there would have had to be a wipe per Dark Starr. I am of very happy that since we do have the timer bar that it and gathering were sped up a lot. It is not so bad now.
    I'm not a fan of how the chat window works either. Having to hunt through everything to find a comment from a friend or from anyone you pass by is a challenge sometimes. I am already noticing a difference in lag
    being reduced with each patch. :)

4. captbloody

captbloody Avatar

Was at a moon portal this morning with a few others and it seems like the time it takes to switch destinations has increased drastically, not sure if was meant or not.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

SOTA rifts click here

Yes there is lore about it being timed by the elements of moon. I've posted a link above to describe them. Also the timing is a better thing so you don't accidentally click on the wrong one. I do believe this rift will undergo changes as we go a long to improve it.:)

6. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

I may take some heat for this, but I was hoping for a wipe. I had some serious issues upon R14 and was looking forward to a fresh start, though I have my issues resolved for the most part. My experience in the few hours I played was that gathering was much longer, especially wood. It was drastically longer-but I don't mind the time, just the bar. Just my personal preference-I like not knowing, just acting/reacting. Perhaps I don't have enough skill points allocated to speed up my harvesting time? I went to level 3 on all in the skill tree.

majoria70 likes this.
  7. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I agree. I think a wipe would have been fine, especially for the Unity 5 roll-out. It was a short month anyway. :)

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

No heat, just a suggestion: Delete the character? I know that doesn't give you the full effect of a wipe, but it is as close as you get under the circumstances?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.